The Taylor Swift Experience Goes to NYC!
The GRAMMY Museum® announced the opening of The Taylor Swift Experience™ in New York's Seaport District, the storied neighborhood in Lower Manhattan being revitalized by The Howard Hughes Corporation®, which has partnered with the Grammy Museum to host the exhibit. Opening Friday, November 18, 2016 at 19 Fulton Street, this will mark the first major exhibit opening for The Taylor Swift Experience on the East Coast following its record-setting Los Angeles showing.
Having originally debuted at the GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles on Dec. 13, 2014, the 10-time GRAMMY® winner's 25th birthday, the exhibit was expected to close in May 2015, but due to overwhelming response, was extended through Oct. 4, 2015. The GRAMMY Museum's most popular exhibit to date, The Taylor Swift Experience gives visitors and fans an in-depth look at the multi-platinum-selling artist as a singer, musician, songwriter and producer through personal photographs and home videos, interactive experiences, handwritten lyrics of Taylor’s top-charting hits, and iconic performance outfits.
“Debuting The Taylor Swift Experience at our Museum in L.A. was an incredible honor and a huge success for us,” said Bob Santelli, Executive Director of the GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE. “We couldn’t be more excited to get this exhibit on the road for fans all over the world to experience the remarkable singer, songwriter and musician that is Taylor Swift, and we’re so thrilled for New York and the Seaport District to be the first stop on this tour.”
“With entertainment being a central component of the revitalized Seaport, we are pleased to partner with the GRAMMY Museum in bringing The Taylor Swift Experience to the Seaport District,” said David R. Weinreb, Chief Executive Officer of The Howard Hughes Corporation.
On display through February 2017, the exhibit will feature:
• Early childhood reading books as well as personal family and childhood photos
• Tour costumes from Taylor’s The RED Tour and The 1989 World Tour
• New items from the GRAMMY Winning Album of the Year, 1989, which, include iconic outfits from the GRAMMY Award-winning Best Music Video of the Year, “Bad Blood”
• Never-before-seen pre-Met Gala Louis Vuitton dress
• Handwritten lyrics for Taylor’s smash hit “22”
• Taylor’s 2009 GRAMMY Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance for “White Horse”
• The dress Taylor wore in her music videos for “Mean” as well as the banjo used during her performance at the 54th GRAMMY Awards in 2012
• For the first time on display, a one-of-a-kind custom-built piano used during The 1989 World Tour
• And more, including additional interactive elements
Tickets to view The Taylor Swift Experience are $9 (plus taxes and additional processing fees) and can be purchased by the public at Ticketmaster beginning Wednesday, October 19 at 10:00am EST. The exhibit will be on display within the Seaport District through February 19, 2017. Following its New York showing, The Taylor Swift Experience will continue to travel with its next stop being GRAMMY Museum Mississippi in Cleveland, MS.
Available on Taylor Swift NOW, Only from AT&T
On display March 3,2017 - August 13,2017
ZAYN | Taylor Swift
Watch the official lyric video for "I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)" here!