1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 8:45 PM

I'm not one to post in the news section, but THERE'S A NEW SONG. I Don't Wanna Live Forever, which is off of the Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack. Kinda weird... like she's turning toward a darker side, right? idk though. The song sounds pretty good at least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hattie's Inner Monologue

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Should be getting released anytime now.

Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Just saw it.

Fantastic job Taylor and Zayn!

Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:12 PM

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 12:07 AM

PaulMcCartney98 wrote:
    I personally do not like most of her collaboration songs. I know I am one of the few here, but she doesn't need anyone else in her music and most of these songs are my least favorite songs of Taylor's.
    Exactly how I look at it. It's nice of Taylor to help them out and boost their career, but she's much better by herself.

This graphic was made by the lovely Taryn!

1. Moderator

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 6:56 AM

She looks amazing but I found the video quite underwhelming tbh

2. Moderator

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 8:42 AM

Did I miss the part with Taylor setting the curtains on fire or was that just a rumor?

I'm a TC moderator

3. Moderator

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM

KristinaP wrote:
    Did I miss the part with Taylor setting the curtains on fire or was that just a rumor?
    I don't remember seeing that, that sounds like a Picture to Burn outtake!

I'm a TC Moderator. Click here to find out more.

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:49 AM

https://youtu.be/7F37r50VUTQ

Heres the link to the video

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:47 AM

Things I learned from deciding to torture myself by sitting through that...

1. Zayn is really bad at lip syncing. I'm sorry, that made the start so off.
    2. Zayn is really expressionless? Like I like One Direction and all but I seriously never noticed how...blank he looks. XD
    3. This video was really underwhelming.
    4. Okay Taylor, you could've got your point across without trying to be a sex symbol on the bed.

And to be honest, I was actually thinking this might be okay and then bam. But even that, okay, trying to find the "steamy."
    XD Every article scared me with the whole steamy message but I was like.
    was that meant to be arousing or something? XD

Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Daydreaming_WordsThatYouWhispered wrote:
    Things I learned from deciding to torture myself by sitting through that...

1. Zayn is really bad at lip syncing. I'm sorry, that made the start so off.
    2. Zayn is really expressionless? Like I like One Direction and all but I seriously never noticed how...blank he looks. XD
    3. This video was really underwhelming.
    4. Okay Taylor, you could've got your point across without trying to be a sex symbol on the bed.

And to be honest, I was actually thinking this might be okay and then bam. But even that, okay, trying to find the "steamy."
    XD Every article scared me with the whole steamy message but I was like.
    was that meant to be arousing or something? XD

^^^ I also felt like the video was a really weird version of ikywt for some odd reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 8:15 PM

I would like to hear Taylor sing it be herself, somehow I think it would be better.

Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:47 AM

She looks AMAZING! But does anyone else think she is getting too sexual this last year?
    I love Taylor with all my heart, and I loved her from day one, and it was because she was DIFFERENT from everyone else and she was wise beyond her years, had a good soul, was goofy and kind hearted.

She's an artist and will obviously grow with her age and as her maturity changes, but I'm honestly worried about the path she is on!
    Seems like every year she gets a little more risky and sexual in her dress and videos.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I was REALLY surprised she attached her name to the 50 Shades franchise, which is a huge separation from her early days!
    HAS SHE READ 50 SHADES??? LOL
    I was also surprised that she appeared with Victoria Secret, but that's different, that's still extremely sexy, but it's more of a fun sexy, and she never wore anything on the Overly Sexy side, she kept it sexy but still modest.

I'm really hoping it's a fad of hers and she is experimenting with different feels of songs and it will soon pass.
    I don't want to live forever is very good song, I just didn't care for the video.
    I guess it illicited a response in viewers which is what artists want, but I just hated to see her dress in such a way, since in modern music that is all you see, and for me Taylor was a great Escape from that back to innocents, honesty, manners and always classy!

I don't know! I have mixed feelings about it, I will always love and support Taylor, I just hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:42 PM

PolarBear 101 wrote:
    She looks AMAZING! But does anyone else think she is getting too sexual this last year?
    I love Taylor with all my heart, and I loved her from day one, and it was because she was DIFFERENT from everyone else and she was wise beyond her years, had a good soul, was goofy and kind hearted.

She's an artist and will obviously grow with her age and as her maturity changes, but I'm honestly worried about the path she is on!
    Seems like every year she gets a little more risky and sexual in her dress and videos.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I was REALLY surprised she attached her name to the 50 Shades franchise, which is a huge separation from her early days!
    I was also surprised that she appeared with Victoria Secret, but that's different, that's still extremely sexy, but it's more of a fun sexy, and she never wore anything on the Overly Sexy side, she kept it sexy but still modest.

I'm really hoping it's a fad of hers and she is experimenting with different feels of songs and it will soon pass.
    I don't want to live forever is very good song, I just didn't care for the video.
    I guess it illicited a response in viewers which is what artists want, but I just hated to see her dress in such a way, since in modern music that is all you see, and for me Taylor was a great Escape from that back to innocents, honesty, manners and always classy!

I don't know! I have mixed feelings about it, I will always love and support Taylor, I just hope it's not a sign of things to come.

This has been my concern for a while now ):

Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:52 PM

PolarBear 101 wrote:

+2

Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Swifties Go One Direction wrote:
    PolarBear 101 wrote:

+2

Yeah, I feel that too sometimes. But I just want the music to be as good as it always has been. I like IDWLF as a song, I don't dislike the video, but it wasn't special. And yeah I don't like the 50 shades franchise. I just want the 6th album to be amazing. Everything else doesn't matter as much.

Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 11:14 PM

I didn't like IDWLF at first, but it kinda grew on me. I like it especially when I forget that it is tied to 50 shades. I might have liked it better if it were not tied to such a dark and twisty movie. I think that Taylor's vocals are great in the song, but Zayn's kind of annoy me. Maybe it is just because I am not a huge fan of tenor voices, maybe it is because I am not a huge fan of him period. Who knows? Anyways, the 50 Shades series has always freaked me out and I wish Taylor had chosen a more wholesome movie. I think she definitely made the choice to do the song for the movie more as a business choice than thinking about values. I like the song, but that is probably because it a Taylor song and I like all of them.

Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 8:18 AM

Yeah, Im so excited of it, that is a great song, and amazing mv.
    I like to see them together everywhere
    I wish that they are being a couple
    And forget Gigi

Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Tbh I was sceptical at first when I heard that Taylor was writing a song for fifty shades of grey but tbh I love the song! And I do like the direction her new music is heading in.

Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 2:24 PM

I prefer the acoustic version of this song when Taylor played it alone with her guitar in the last Super Saturday Night. If this is a good song, her acoustic version is really great, really emotional.

The lyrics are of intense suffering about two distant persons who truly love each other but for some reason of fear and incommunication they can not be together. They both think of each other continuously and feel that life has no meaning if they are not together. The contrast of both in the video appearing sitting together looking at each other but not really being together is a very good image. I wonder if the inspiration for Taylor writing of this song is the film "Fifty shades of grey", or if there is a part of her own reality. And I have a doubt... "Now I'm in a cab, I tell 'em where your place is", she sings... Has she finally decided to go on his quest? And who are "them"? Oh, Taylor... Probably only you know. In any case, I'm sure he's still waiting for you...

Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Paintrain wrote:
    PaulMcCartney98 wrote:
    I personally do not like most of her collaboration songs. I know I am one of the few here, but she doesn't need anyone else in her music and most of these songs are my least favorite songs of Taylor's.
    Exactly how I look at it. It's nice of Taylor to help them out and boost their career, but she's much better by herself.

This graphic was made by the lovely Taryn!

I agree. It feels like Zayn stole all the spotlight in this song. He sings the most in it and everyone just seems to talk about his part and not what Taylor sang. I'm glad that Taylor sang the song live by herself. That way she proves people she doesn't need Zayn or anyone else to have a successful song.