1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Taylor wrote Little Big Town's lead single

Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 10:14 AM

This gut-feeling of Taylor going back to her roots and writing songs for other artists of mine has been solidified. It was only a hunch after the EDM experiment of "This Is What You Came For", but I'm proudly letting you guys know that Taylor has now written a song for another one of her favourite artists, Little Big Town - if you've never heard of the band, think back to Taylor singing her heart out to "Girl Crush" backstage at the 1989 tour last year, as well as several award shows; she also brought them out to play "Pontoon" on the 1989 tour.

GRAMMY-winning group Little Big Town held a special press conference live from Nashville’s famed Ryman Auditorium Tuesday morning (Nov. 1).

During the event, which was broadcast live on the group’s Facebook page, LBT’s Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Jimi Westbrook, and Phillip Sweet spoke about some very exciting things, including their upcoming album and current single. During a Q&A with media, the group revealed that superstar Taylor Swift wrote “Better Man.”

“We’ve been telling you guys… some of you have been asking and we told you that there was a young girl from Nashville that wrote it by herself and it’s Taylor Swift,” explained Fairchild. “She sent us this song and it was one that was really special to her and she thought of us because of the harmonies. She’s never pitched a song to somebody before. The moment that we heard it, we were like ‘man, that is the song that we’re gonna cut.”

“Immediately, we all had the same reaction,” added Sweet. “We’ve always, through our whole career, any time we’ve had that reaction to a song, we knew it felt right. This one just felt special and we’ve known Taylor since she was in high school. She’s a dear friend of ours.”

Initially, the group wanted to keep the songwriting credits under wraps, so people had a chance to listen to the story without having any preconceived notions.

“We just played it for her when we finished it and she was really, really excited,” Fairchild continued. “We said ‘hey, we’re not just going to blab this that you wrote this immediately.’ She said, ‘you know what? That’s the greatest honor as a songwriter that you can give me is that you don’t want anyone to know that I wrote this.’ We knew that we would tell eventually, and it was a hard question to dodge for awhile, and the only reason we didn’t say is because we wanted you to hear the song for what it’s worth and it’s a beautiful song. And at her heart, she is biggest pop star in the world, but she’s a songwriter from Nashville, Tennessee. She likes to tell a story and we didn’t want you to have any subtext there other than to hear the song and we did that.”

“Better Man” is the lead single from the award-winning quartet’s forthcoming album. The song is available for purchase HERE.
Source: Sounds Like Nashville
The best way to describe this song in my opinion is an artistic blend of the pure poetry that was the Fearless album with all of the raw, heartfelt-ness of Red with some Little Big Town country vibes thrown in. A beautiful song with a beautiful friendship.
Let us know if you've listened to "Better Man" yet below, and tell us what your favourite lyrics are!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Taylor wrote Little Big Town's lead single

Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Oh! The lyrics! THIS IS THE TAYLOR I LOVE! I hope she has these kind of songs on her next album.

Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 6:50 AM

I am really fond of the lyrics to this song and I hope honestly Taylor continues to look at her roots, and carries over some of that lyrical content.

Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Great song, like some of the other stuff also this band has released. I can't understand how people speculate who this is about, it could be anyone from Taylor's past relationships or even a friends! I am sure Taylor takes inspiration from many aspects of life around, as well as from an autobiographical one, such a "Fifteen", I rest my case!

Go to "Our 1989 Tour" section on my Taylor site below.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Why not Visit My Taylor Fan site? - http://www.taylorfansuk.co.uk

1. Moderator

Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Swifties Go One Direction wrote:
    It's a really good song! I wish she was singing it though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

I mean considering she covered TIWYCF, I wouldn't be surprised if she covers this at some point on her next tour (if it's not a song that's too personal to her or something)

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Before I heard the song I was hesitant- I'm not a fan of most of LBT's music- but I love this. It's classic Taylor and to hear this side of her again makes me so happy. I'm glad she's involving herself in the country world right now!
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxh3j4QDDb1qzl4vco1_500.jpg

I've had the time of my life with you...
    9.5.09*5.1.10*6.12.11*6.30.11*11.16.11*11.17.11*3.22.13*6.5.13*6.6.13*9.12.13*9.13*.13*6.8.15

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 5:08 PM

I honestly think that was a REALLY GREAT SONG!!! And really catchy!!! Because...you know...Taylor Swift wrote it!!! #swiftyalltheway

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I think this awesome!!! The song is really great!!

Thanks to Jazzy!

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 8:52 PM

I'm just curious with this and the appearance on the CMAs if she is going back to her country roots. Which would be AHmazing!
    Go Hawks!

Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:55 AM

I think she will never leave her roots with Country and in years to come perhaps go back to it but after the popularity of her 1989 "pop" album I think she will continue to move in that direction. Again it is anyone's guess but that's my view anyway for what it worth.

Go to "Our 1989 Tour" section on my Taylor site below.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Why not Visit My Taylor Fan site? - http://www.taylorfansuk.co.uk

Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Taylor Wrote a Country Song....

I was listenin to Little Big Town on radio the other day and they were talkin w/America's morning Show. They were talkin about Taylor's song she wrote for them. Apparently some news station said "Taylor Swift wrote a country song" which had the Little Big Town band rolling on the floor laughin. Cause its like What do you mean Taylor wrote a country song....dude...Taylor started out Country!!! But Little Big Town was talkin about how cool it was that it was like Taylor could hear the Harmonies for the group as she was writing!
    Http://www.facebook.com/svuimpossible A like would be helpful

2. Jen avatar Jen

Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:46 AM

I really love this song. It reminds me of Red era Taylor!

Thanks to Heather for the sig!
    @jenniferg07
    http://itwasrare--iwasthere.tumblr.com/

Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM

I absolutely adore this song! It's a nice change of pace, back to her roots.

Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Such a good song! Love it!

Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 2:35 PM

I love this song so so much! You can definitely hear Taylor's songwriting. I loved it so much that I covered it, haha. If you guys have some time, please watch it :)
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQI6ntMvyis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQI6ntMvyis
    My Youtube Singing Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF-KX6hP9Y6W9H239ec-2Sg?sub_confirmation=1

[url=http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg600/CamomilleSelenator/Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202016-04-03%20agrave%2015.03.47_zps0h9vwoba.png]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg600/CamomilleSelenator/Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202016-04-03%20agrave%2015.03.47_zps0h9vwoba.png[/url][/IMG[/signature]

Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:40 AM

The song is such a masterpiece. I'm glad that Little Big Town has it, because I think that the singer's voice really expresses the emotions of the song. I can definitely hear Taylor's songwriting style in it. Great job to Taylor and Little Big Town!!

Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM

I really like the song. I doubt she'll fully leave her country roots. It reminds me of the sequel to Dear John.

Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 7:17 PM

I have to say, "Better Man" is one of my new favorite songs. The lyrics to the song are just like Taylor and Little Big Town does a marvelous job with the song. I hope Taylor continues to write more country songs for other artist, even though I would prefer her to sing some herself. Continue to do what you do Taylor, we all love you for it!
    Enjoy everyday you are given!
    Adrienne

Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Well Taylor will always come from her country roots so hearing LBT'S was all Fearless - Speak Now era. I feel like the 1989 music decision was based on music inclined to cross-over to pop is a wise move. Since Taylor is experimental with every genre I think be wise if she did another country album in the future or back to the Red Era. This is my opinion.
    ivette ortega

Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 4:12 PM

Still OBSESSED with this song to this day xxx

RE: Taylor wrote Little Big Town's lead single

Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM

The song makes me feel like the Fearless era is back and you have no idea how hard it is to not cry right now
    People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye
    1Feb2014 | 23Jun2015 | 24Jun2015 | 22Oct2016