Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Girl Talk!

Fri, May 12, 2017 at 6:12 PM

4 Pockets of Any of My Blue Daydreams Out My Window From Afar wrote:
    A l i c x M o o n wrote:
    Just out of curiosity...
    But how come every girl wants to dye their hair??

eh I had wanted to dye my hair black since I was like 14. my mom just kept telling me no until I was finally an adult and just did it and made her cope with it. :p

I still remember that you told me about that, and the pics were amazing! :) I kinda want to dye my hair but then again... It may ruin my hair because it's trying to get darker on it's own..

made by me

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fri, May 12, 2017 at 6:17 PM

A l i c x M o o n wrote:
    A l i c x M o o n wrote:
    Just out of curiosity...

eh I had wanted to dye my hair black since I was like 14. my mom just kept telling me no until I was finally an adult and just did it and made her cope with it. :p

I still remember that you told me about that, and the pics were amazing! :) I kinda want to dye my hair but then again... It may ruin my hair because it's trying to get darker on it's own..

made by me

Bleach is the most damaging of things. if you're going lighter I definitely recommend going to have it done professionally.
    If you just want to go darker, it is pretty simple. you can also get dye and just put it in without the bleach to give a cool undertone effect. you won't be able to see it much unless you're in the sunlight but it can be cool. My mom did it.

I personally did it because I had wanted to commit to this color for a long time and personally I feel more confident with it so. :)

Alice

Me

Fri, May 12, 2017 at 6:22 PM

A l i c x M o o n wrote:
    A l i c x M o o n wrote:
    Just out of curiosity...

Bleach is the most damaging of things. if you're going lighter I definitely recommend going to have it done professionally.
    If you just want to go darker, it is pretty simple. you can also get dye and just put it in without the bleach to give a cool undertone effect. you won't be able to see it much unless you're in the sunlight but it can be cool. My mom did it.

I personally did it because I had wanted to commit to this color for a long time and personally I feel more confident with it so. :)

The only reason is stopping me from doing that is because my dad really don't want me to and truth be told... I have a dark-brown hair that can be black if wet or the way the light touches.. Sometimes people think, I have red/orange hair from time to time when the sun touches... But lately, it's been getting darker so I honestly think of just not wanting to dye my hair and leave it alone until, I think I truly want to do so... Yeah I have thoughts...

made by me

1. Moderator

Sat, May 13, 2017 at 12:44 AM

A l i c x M o o n wrote:
    Just out of curiosity...

made by me

I don't! I'm love my natural hair so I've never dyed it and never want to. It's hard though because sometimes I do just really want to change things up but I feel like I would regret dying it.

Sat, May 13, 2017 at 4:15 PM

With people talking about hair color, I had highlights a few times when I was younger. My hair almost ended up looking pretty blonde when I was younger when I got highlights. But I haven't gotten that done in at least 8 years. I think the last time I had highlights was maybe when I was in grade 5 or grade 6.

A few times I even got a strip in my hair colored a certain color. I remember best when I had a strip of darker blue in my hair (and my hair was pretty blonde from highlights then), and I think pink, and maybe green. I think that was a cool thing to do (at my elementary/middle school) when I was around 8-10 years old haha.

I don't know if I have much desire to have blonde hair. I would hate to have to keep dying my hair too. I'm happy with my natural brown hair. I don't know how to describe what shade of brown my hair is. It's not light brown, but it's not really dark brown (it's somewhere in between).

Sun, May 14, 2017 at 3:30 AM

Clueless wrote:
    RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    Every time I watch Estee Lalonde's videos my heart drives me to get a blonde lob.
    But simultaneously my bank account also drives me to not spend three figures on root touch ups every four weeks.

That thought always stops me from dying my hair too, I can't be bothered with that sort of maintenance.

I'm a TC Moderator. Click here to find out more.

Agreed! Would love to add some highlights or anything to my hair but I can't even be bothered to get a hair cut every 6 months

Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM

XD I usually do my own haircuts!

Alice

Me

Prom

Wed, May 17, 2017 at 3:57 AM

Here are a few photo's of what I may wear, or like wise style my hair. The picture at the bottom is me x What do you think may suit me for prom xxx
    My end of year 11 prom is almost here, here is a selection of stuff I want for x

me x

Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:34 PM

I think I finally found the foundation that keeps my matte ALL. DAMN. DAY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Moderator

RE: Girl Talk!

Sat, May 20, 2017 at 5:35 AM

When you want a platinum blonde lob but you also want auburn tresses decisions decisions!

Sun, May 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM

Spent way too much money on 1 bikini top and 1 romper...I really need to be somewhat financially successful someday in order to maintain these awful shopping habits

3. Moderator

Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:17 AM

SomeFearlessChick wrote:
    When you want a platinum blonde lob but you also want auburn tresses decisions decisions!

I say go for one of them! I think auburn would really suit you and would be lower maintenance, but I also absolutely love platinum blonde hair.

4. Moderator

Thu, May 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM

NYX Cherry Skies is possibly the most beautiful lipstick I've ever owned

Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:22 PM

HELP I kinda want to get my helix pierced but a lot of people say not to go to Claire's for ear piercings. That's where I got my ears pierced at and they're fine... I guess I'm just worried because one of my sister's got her ears pierced there and they never healed right.

These beautiful graphics were made by brooker27!

5. Moderator

Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:20 AM

thirteenfifteentwentytwo wrote:
    HELP I kinda want to get my helix pierced but a lot of people say not to go to Claire's for ear piercings. That's where I got my ears pierced at and they're fine... I guess I'm just worried because one of my sister's got her ears pierced there and they never healed right.

These beautiful graphics were made by brooker27!

I don't have my ears pierced but from what I've heard Claire's is fine for getting your lobes pierced but anything else you should go to a proper jeweller for.

6. Moderator

Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:23 AM

I don't know what Claire's is but I've got my helix done (as well as multiple other cartilage piercings). My recommendation is to go to an experienced piercer... for anything.

Mon, May 29, 2017 at 1:05 AM

SomeFearlessChick wrote:
    I don't know what Claire's is but I've got my helix done (as well as multiple other cartilage piercings). My recommendation is to go to an experienced piercer... for anything.

Seconding this! If I were to get more piercings I'd definitely to go someone that specialises in that field, rather than someone in a retail beauty store or whatever. I don't know what it is like in the UK but there's usually great people at the (reputable) Tattoo shops ^_^

Mon, May 29, 2017 at 8:15 PM

I must be unique on 'Taylor Connect' in that I'm a girl and I don't have my ears pierced. I guess I never got them done as a kid and I still don't want them done. I don't have a want to wear earrings or have an unnatural hole in my ear. There's probably a lot of maintenance with it too and I just don't want to worry about my ears...

Also, on the topic of ear piercings I can't help but think of a re-run episode of 'Botched' I watched recently on TV (yesterday I think), and in that episode a guy had huge keloids (scar tissue) on both of his ears after getting his lobes pierced. It was gross. I won't directly post a picture of it here, but if anyone is interested you can see pictures of the guy at the link below.

http://www.eonline.com/ca/shows/botched/news/776076/the-botched-doctors-give-patient-a-new-life-after-removing-golf-ball-size-keloids-from-his-ears-on-shocking-episode

Mon, May 29, 2017 at 8:21 PM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I must be unique on 'Taylor Connect' in that I'm a girl and I don't have my ears pierced. I guess I never got them done as a kid and I still don't want them done. I don't have a want to wear earrings or have an unnatural hole in my ear. There's probably a lot of maintenance with it too and I just don't want to worry about my ears...

Also, on the topic of ear piercings I can't help but think of a re-run episode of 'Botched' I watched recently on TV (yesterday I think), and in that episode a guy had huge keloids (scar tissue) on both of his ears after getting his lobes pierced. It was gross. I won't directly post a picture of it here, but if anyone is interested you can see pictures of the guy at the link below.

http://www.eonline.com/ca/shows/botched/news/776076/the-botched-doctors-give-patient-a-new-life-after-removing-golf-ball-size-keloids-from-his-ears-on-shocking-episode

#earsnotpiercedsquad

no I actually tried it when I was young but it was too much for me. you can't even tell my ears were pierced now. I don't really miss it either. earrings make wearing earbuds difficult. I'm a necklace/bracelet kinda girl.

Alice

Me

7. Moderator

Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:56 PM

I also don't have my ears pierced. In fact, I very rarely wear any jewellery except for my watch.