Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Girl Talk!

Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 3:05 PM

Swifties Go One Direction wrote:
    Daydreaming_WordsThatYouWhispered wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a medium/full coverage liquid foundation for oily/combo skin? It'd be great if it wasn't that pricey either. I'm thinking about the Revlon Colorstay, but I wanted to check and see if you guys would recommend anything. (I've tried Fit Me by Maybelline and Neutrogena skin clearing foundations before)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

L'Oreal true match! It is what I use. :) Works great on my oily skin, never had issues with it.

I'll have to try it! I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

That stuff has stayed on even on those horrible anxiety days where stress sweat is at the maximum level XD

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:36 AM

Can anyone recommend a medium/full coverage liquid foundation for oily/combo skin? It'd be great if it wasn't that pricey either. I'm thinking about the Revlon Colorstay, but I wanted to check and see if you guys would recommend anything. (I've tried Fit Me by Maybelline and Neutrogena skin clearing foundations before)
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

L'Oreal true match! It is what I use. :) Works great on my oily skin, never had issues with it.

I'll have to try it! I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

That stuff has stayed on even on those horrible anxiety days where stress sweat is at the maximum level XD

I also should give it a go! I never wear foundation because it usually looks really bad after a couple of hours because my face is so oily ;_;

Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:39 AM

TayTayTay wrote:
    LinnytheSwiftie wrote:
    Fireflies wrote:
    I feel like i'm the only person who becomes an evil bitch (even more so than normal cause i kinda already am one) only period. All my friends are calm and sweet and I'm just like HOW?

Audra^

I tend to get cranky when I'm on mine. I get really painful cramps (me justifying my behaviour lololol) but I always end up apologizing to my friends for my crankiness :P Periods affect everyone differently!

^^^

Moodiness is actually a pretty common part of your period, which is why sexist people often say that if a woman is assertive and stands up for herself that she 'must be on her period'

Just another way those people try to downplay our emotions and ideas.

Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM

I tried on a bralette for the first time ever today and I loved it! I didn't buy it because I'm waiting for it to be on sale. My question is, what/how do you wear it? Like a regular bra, or under really baggy shirts/sweater?

Hattie's Inner Monologue

1. Moderator

Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 8:48 AM

I tried on a bralette for the first time ever today and I loved it! I didn't buy it because I'm waiting for it to be on sale. My question is, what/how do you wear it? Like a regular bra, or under really baggy shirts/sweater?
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

I'd wear it in any shirt that's going to show it off a bit. So anything slightly low cut, sheer, things like that.

Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 4:03 PM

I treated myself to a new powdered foundation this weekend. I'm usually a liquid foundation kind of gal but as I've been getting older, my skin seems to be more oily so I'm hoping that having a lighter foundation will help.

On the discussion of skin, does anyone have natural remedies for acne? Benzoyl Peroxide is not my friend but I'm having a hard time fighting off my acne. (I have very sensitive skin as I mentioned in a post a few days ago).

Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 4:05 PM

TayTayTay wrote:
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

I'd wear it in any shirt that's going to show it off a bit. So anything slightly low cut, sheer, things like that.

I do the same. I like to wear a baggy v-neck shirt that's a big long on me and pair it with leggings to get that cute comfy look. Then I wear a dainty necklace to make things feminine (That's my style but you do you girl). xo

Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 5:17 PM

LinnytheSwiftie wrote:
    TayTayTay wrote:
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

I do the same. I like to wear a baggy v-neck shirt that's a big long on me and pair it with leggings to get that cute comfy look. Then I wear a dainty necklace to make things feminine (That's my style but you do you girl). xo

Thanks!
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

2. Moderator

RE: Girl Talk!

Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 4:28 AM

I love Summer but I'm having withdrawals from my leather jackets. Can't wait to pack one for Texas!

Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Hattie's Inner Monologue

Ohmygosh arent they amazing?! I wear mine with whatever I want, in the house and when i got out. I mean they're just so comfortable lol.

Audra^

Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:50 PM

I fell in love with Victoria's Secret and Sephora over the last few months -- I'm never gonna have money again and all I wanna do is buy more bras and expensive lipsticks, someone help me

Audra^

Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Thinking about subscribing to Ipsy...

Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 8:02 PM

I have a lot of eyeshadow in my collection, but I feel like I SUCK at it for some reason. I know how to do a simple every day eye look that's natural, but I can't do smokey. I feel like I always put the color in the wrong spots or I can't pack enough on, at least is seems like it.

Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 8:42 PM

I have a lot of eyeshadow in my collection, but I feel like I SUCK at it for some reason. I know how to do a simple every day eye look that's natural, but I can't do smokey. I feel like I always put the color in the wrong spots or I can't pack enough on, at least is seems like it.

I never got the "true" smokey eye properly but I did a light shade one and everyone thinks I have a smokey eye when really I just did it with shades of grey XD

Arcelia

Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 1:44 PM

I never got the "true" smokey eye properly but I did a light shade one and everyone thinks I have a smokey eye when really I just did it with shades of grey XD

Arcelia

Well, that's cool! I just feel like I can't get enough color on... maybe it's just the lighting in my room. Like, I wish I could get the true colors from whatever eyeshadow I am using because it seems like I can't get that color.

Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:46 PM

Arcelia

Well, that's cool! I just feel like I can't get enough color on... maybe it's just the lighting in my room. Like, I wish I could get the true colors from whatever eyeshadow I am using because it seems like I can't get that color.

well I also have a Kevin Aucion makeup book that shows how to do some pretty amazing looks and smokey eyes are one of them!

Arcelia

3. Moderator

Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 11:24 PM

Arcelia

What brands are you using? This sounds like what lower quality eyeshadow normally does.

Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 6:57 PM

TayTayTay wrote:

Arcelia

What brands are you using? This sounds like what lower quality eyeshadow normally does.

I have the Smoky palette by Urban Decay, and it is the BEST! The drug store eyeshadows I have come from Revlon, Covergirl, and Almay.

Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:12 PM

I have a friend (she's 15) and she says that I am a true makeup artist... she loves my makeup.... I feel like I could use a lot of improvement, but I guess I must be doing something right. :D

Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:13 PM

I like UD's Naked2 better than the original Naked palette tbh