- TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
- Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
- So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
- Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
- Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
- Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
- Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
- Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
- Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)
Hi, my name is Katie :) and I'm a university student and proud Canadian! I'm a HUGE fan of country music and obviously of Taylor Swift. I don't like people who are hardcore fans of one person and feel the need to insult others as a result. I happily admit that I adore Taylor Swift, in addition to Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Kellie Pickler, etc. They're all talented and I think that rather than hating on one another, fans should just support who they love.
When it comes to Taylor, I think she's a lyrical genius. There aren't many artists these days who actually write their own material and have the kind of passion for song writing that she does. To those who say that she can't sing, I have one thing to say to you: go see her live. While she may have had some off notes in her earliest performances, she's become even more talented and sounds AMAZING live. The Speak Now World Tour Live album is one of my favourites to listen to.
I could go on and give you a million other reasons why I'm a fan and respect Taylor Swift but that would take too long. In short, she's fearless, she's not afraid to put her emotions out for others to hear about, regardless of who may judge her, and she seems like a genuinely nice person (hopefully I can confirm that one day by meeting her haha).
Aside from my love for country music, I enjoy multiple other activities. I'm a huge sports fan and enjoy playing hockey and baseball, although it's hard to find time these days. I love Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory and Harry Potter movies :). I love studying criminology and find it fascinating. I'm outgoing and just love to have a good time. I'm looking forward to meeting other TSwift fans on here and discussing all things Taylor!
Ok, so I know a lot of people are upset that Taylor didn't win either of the two awards she was nominated for (Female Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year) and I completely understand, because I also would have been thrilled had she won. That being said, she hasn't been on tour in a while and Red was released after the voting for this year was finished, so personally, I wasn't...