Last updated and effective as of April 28, 2014
- What is the effective date of this Policy and when does this Policy apply?
- What is our policy on children's privacy?
- What information about you do we collect?
- What security measures do we take?
- What information about you do we share with other parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your information?
- What is our policy on tracking?
- Does this Policy apply in other countries?
- How can you contact us with questions about this Policy?
What is the effective date of this Policy and when does this policy apply?
This Policy is effective as of the date set out above. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, and such revisions will become effective upon the earlier of (a) posting of the revisions to the Sites, or (b) distribution by electronic mail. Your continued use of any of the Sites or the Services after the effective date of the revisions means that you accept and agree to any such revisions. This Policy applies solely to our on-line information gathering and disclosure practices in connection with the Sites, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted off-line.
What is our policy on children's privacy?
The Sites are not for children under 13 years of age. However, there are some areas of the Sites that may be attractive to children under 13. We do not condition participation by a child of any age in any activity available on or through the Sites on the disclosure of more personally-identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from users of the Sites who are under 13 years of age. No personally-identifiable information should be submitted to, or posted on, the Sites by visitors under 13 years of age.
If we receive an e-mail message from a child who discloses, or is otherwise known to us, to be under 13 years of age, we may, without the consent of the child's parent or guardian:
- Respond to a one-time request from the child;
- Provide notice of the child's communication to the child's parent or guardian;
- Use this information as may be necessary to ensure the safety of the child on the Sites; or
- Send our electronic periodical publications and materials, with the notification to the child's parent or guardian of the option to discontinue any future delivery of the electronic periodical publications and materials.
Any parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who may have provided personally-identifiable information to us may request a description of the personally-identifiable information that has been collected from or about that child and either limit or restrict any further maintenance or use of such information from that child and/or direct us to delete it. A parent may also decline to allow any future collection of personally-identifiable information from that child. Such requests can be made by contacting us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable measures to verify that the requesting party is, in fact, the parent or guardian of the child in question before providing a child's personally-identifiable information to such person.
We will not knowingly use or disclose any personally-identifiable information of a child under 13 years of age for any purpose except as described above.
What information about you do we collect?
By accessing or using the Sites, you may provide to us two types of information: (1) "personally-identifiable information" that you voluntarily choose to disclose to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card, debit card or other payment information; and (2) "non-personally-identifiable information," which we collect through the use of the technologies called "cookies," "web beacons" and/or "web logs." We use the information we collect to monitor and analyze how users use the Sites and the Services, to provide customer service and to maintain and improve the Services. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your mobile device.
You may be asked to submit personally-identifiable information to access or use certain aspects of the Services offered on the Sites - for example, when you create an account, subscribe to our mailing list, purchase a product, contact us, receive customer or technical support, or participate in chat rooms, forums, polls, surveys, questionnaires, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions. If you choose not to submit the requested personally-identifiable information, you will not be able to access or use some or all of these Services. We may also collect other types of information about you, such as your gender, hobbies and interests, and this information may be associated with your personally-identifiable information.
We use "cookies" to collect information, on an aggregate basis, about how the Sites are used. This information may include the date and time of visits to the Sites and time spent on the Sites. The use of "cookies" allows us to personalize your use of the Sites and to provide greater convenience each time that you visit. You may choose to disable cookies on your computer, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your computer (please consult instructions for your web browser). However, if you disable or block cookies, it is possible that some parts of the Services will not be accessible to you.
We use "web beacons" and "web logs" to allow our servers to automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Sites. This information includes the time and date, your Internet Protocol address, your geographic location (your zip code, your area code and/or your time zone), your browser type and version, the Sites and/or the Services that you use, and when and how long you use them. We use this information to monitor and analyze how users use the Sites and the Services, to provide customer service and to maintain and improve the Services.
What security measures do we take?
The personally-identifiable information that you provide to us is stored on servers that are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure reasonable security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to the personally-identifiable information to those of our employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Sites and the Services. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and, for this reason, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You can help protect your personally-identifiable information by using a combination of letters and numbers in your password, changing your password often, using a secure web browser, and signing off and closing your web browser when you are finished with the use of the Sites.
What information about you do we share with other parties?
We may use your personally-identifiable information and your non-personally-identifiable information to provide analyses of the users of the Sites and the Services, in the aggregate, to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties.
We may disclose your personally-identifiable information with our employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors, and our related and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, 13 Management, LLC, Firefly Entertainment, Inc., Swift Merchandising, Inc., and Taylor Swift Productions, Inc., and their respective employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors, for the limited purpose of enabling them to communicate with you directly about upcoming events and promotions.
We will share your personally-identifiable information with other parties under the following circumstances:
- Asset Transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, or in the event of an insolvency or bankruptcy, the information, including personally-identifiable information, collected from you through your use of the Sites, may be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable measures to notify you, either through e-mail and/or a prominent notice on the Sites.
- Service Providers. We may share your personally-identifiable information with the service providers that we engage in connection with the Services and/or the Sites. For example, we have partnered with other companies to sell products through the Services, to fulfill product orders, to process payments and to administer our e-mail announcements. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personally-identifiable information.
- Sweepstakes and Contests. If you choose to participate in any of our on-line promotions such as a sweepstakes or a contest, your personally-identifiable information collected in connection with a promotion may be shared with the third-party sponsor of the promotion, or as otherwise provided in the Official Rules. You should carefully review the Official Rules of each promotion in which you choose to participate through the Sites, as the Official Rules may contain additional important information about a third party's collection and use of your information. To the extent that the Official Rules of any promotion conflict with this Policy, the Official Rules will govern collection and use of your personally-identifiable information in conjunction with that particular promotion.
We will not share your information with third parties for the purposes of their direct marketing unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
What choices do you have about the collection and use of your information?
You may access, update or delete your personally-identifiable information, and/or modify your account preferences for the Services, by accessing the "My Account" area of the Services or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that when you delete your account, we may retain your account information for a reasonable period of time for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention.
If you no longer wish to receive our announcements by e-mail, you may unsubscribe from receiving them at any time by choosing the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our e-mails, or by writing to us at email@example.com. If you e-mail us to change your contact preferences, we will implement your requested changes within a reasonable period of time. Please note that your requested changes will not be effective until we implement such changes. Please also note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
What is our policy on tracking?
You may be able to adjust your browser's settings to turn on a "do not track" feature. Although our policy may change in the future, currently, we do not support "do not track" and will not honor your web browser's "do not track" signal.
We do not participate in tracking networks and do not intentionally or knowingly allow other parties to collect personally-identifiable information about your on-line activities over time and across different websites, when you visit the Sites or use any of the Services.
Does this Policy apply in other countries?
We comply with the United States privacy laws and regulations. We do not represent that the Sites are governed by, or operated in accordance with, the laws of other nations, or that the Sites or any portion of the Sites are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. If you choose to access the Sites, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using the Sites, visitors to the Sites from outside the United States acknowledge and agree that the Sites are subject to United States laws and regulations, and waive any claims against us that may arise under their own national laws.
How can you contact us with questions about this Policy?
If you have any questions about either this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Taylor Nation, LLC
718 Thompson Lane
Nashville, TN 37204