1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

MY MUSIC VIDEO FOR NEVER GROW UP

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcgteLy_ojU

Okay so heres the story behind this.

I want to study video in college. So where I live there is a technical school that you have the option to got o for part of the day to study whatever field they have there your junior and senior year. Of course I chose video. It is a wonderful. You dont even know.

Anyways, as final projects each year you get to do a video of your choice. Earlier in the year we had a week to do a Christmas video and I worked with two other girls and we did a video to Last Christmas. I really enjoyed doing music videos. So I decided to do my final project alone so I could do this song.

So it took a long time to get these shots with the kids. When I filmed with the two younger girls, they were fooling around. And when I filmed with the baby it was twenty minutes before his bedtime so he was cranky.

Then I started editing. And like a week before the project was due, I had about one minute worth of song I still needed to edit in. And the computer crashed. I was in tears fearing that my project wouldn't be saved. Luckily two of the guys in my class took time away from their project and helped me pull my project from the computer and move it to a different computer. I couldn't be more thankful.

But that did take two days of editing time away from me. So its not perfect but this is it :)

My dream is to one day actually produce one of Taylor's videos.
Taylor Tumblr Team!!!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: MY MUSIC VIDEO FOR NEVER GROW UP

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

so so good

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM

i almost cried..........

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Yes! Everyone watch the video! It's amazing!!

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

TaylorSwiftFan001 wrote:
    i almost cried..........

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

I knew my goal was acheieved when my teacher (in his late fifties) started crying and another kid in my class started criying.
    Taylor Tumblr Team!!!

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I just finished college doing a video program myself so I know what its like going through the panic of not saving your project and losing files. Terrible feeling. But really great video!! Some parts I could see that you could of added a different transition to, and other things but overall great.

Its great to hear that your teacher and someone in your class enjoyed it so much they cried over it.

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I'm in college for that too. For editing though, so I don't film my own stuff (although they did have me learn how to use a camera) but it's kind of a general major so I only actually had one editing class but I'm self taught on the program I use at home so I've been making music videos for Taylor's songs for years. I just use her other music videos. I got pretty good at the lip synching. I love editing (and Taylor does too, she said that's something she would want to do if she wasn't a singer) but when I switch to my next school (because I was only in a two year program), I want to change to animation because I think I like that even better (although I've only had one class on it and made one full animation as of yet). I get to do the lip synching thing with that too I think. If I end up doing anything like the one I did on my own anyway (it was a music video for Speak now). Hopefully my credits will transfer because they're similar enough majors and I already took all my general ed stuff. Anyway, I couldn't watch you're video because I'm on my phone but I'm sure it's great. I'll watch it as soon as I can. :) -Alyssa

RE: MY MUSIC VIDEO FOR NEVER GROW UP

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Amazing.
    Though the one thing that I wonder is: Where is the grown girl's husband?

"And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid..."

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Bump
    Taylor Tumblr Team!!!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Good Job!
    Keep calm be FEARLESS and SPEAK NOW!!! :))

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I am seriously crying right now---this is amazing.

1. SOUIAT 2.imeg99

I used to be ThrowingRedPebbles13!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM

ThroughTheFreeFall wrote:
    I am seriously crying right now---this is amazing.

1. SOUIAT 2.imeg99

I used to be ThrowingRedPebbles13!

I am glad you enjoyed it! (:
    Taylor Tumblr Team!!!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Cried. This was really good!

Long Live Taylor Swift! :) Thanks to the wonderful HoldingMyBreath for the graphic!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Near tears... Very good job!

Made by TaylorThirteen :)

Cheese =D

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Thanks everyone :)

As a first year student in the program I'm in you rarely get your work in the hall of fame. And three of my four major projects got in the hall of fame, this is one of them, another one was one I did to Taylor's version of Last christmas
    Taylor Tumblr Team!!!

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM

it turned out pretty good. :)

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Cool!

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM

So cute, you are an amazing director/editor!

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I just noticed a new puddle of tears on the floor.

< Me+RFA

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You are all so sweet! I was glad that my neighbor was okay letting her children play in my video! I wasn't shure she would since the little one, is young. Four. and the baby too I was suprised his mom let me put him in the video :)
    Taylor Tumblr Team!!!

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

bump
    Taylor Tumblr Team!!!