Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Your Connection to the Song

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

What's you story behind each of the songs and how does it relate to you?

For me, The Story of Us, is a key in my life. And it really doensn't even have to do with love. to me it represents my relationship with one of my friends. And because of an inncident in the past, our story looks alot like a tradgey at the moment. We talk and stuff but the silence can be so incredibly loud. It is awkward.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Your Connection to the Song

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Hey Stephen, because I liked a guy named Stephen :p
    He turned out to be a jerk, though, so I can't really listen to it anymore lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw sparks fly, 9.1O.11.

RE: Your Connection to the Song

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

For me I think I relate most to "Should've Said No". Because (a long long time ago) my last girlfriend left me for another man but I heard he turned her down right away after she had called it off with me.

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Stay Beautiful because I like a corey and Invisble because he doesn't know me and likes someone else

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Tied Together with A Smile...kind of self explanatory lol

Crazier- because this guy just makes me go crazy over him :)

Breathe- a while ago, me and my best friend had huge fallout and we were so mad at each other...we'd pass each other in the halls and the silence would fill my ears and the glares I got from her really put me down. I felt like I couldn't breathe without her.

Cold As You- there's some people I know who really realte to this.

Tell Me Why- it explains my home life, basically.

You're Not Sorry- there's been some ioncidents in my life where I'm just thinking... "Oh...you're not sorry..."
    ---------------------------

Graphic by me.
    when all you wanted was to be wanted

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Mean- I relate to it because I was picked on a lot in school for being short and having to wear glasses at the time. It's all good now though because I'm a totally different person now inside and out, time was good to me, I can't say the same for most of the people who picked on me. The song is so true, they are liars, pathetic, and most of them have ended up alone in life.

Fifteen- Kind of somes up bits and pieces of my highschool experience how you hate school the moment you walk in, and how invisible you feel even in a crowd full of people, and how you just can't wait to "get out there fast as we can". I cry a lot listening to this song because it brings me back to those times, which is why I don't listen to it often.

Cold As You- Because I've known people who are mean and cold and you wish you could be as cold and uncaring as they are, simply so you can get over them, but it doesn't always work that way.

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM

For me, there is the Story Of Us, just because there was this one guy, that I really liked and it felt like we had a connection, but instead of facing his problems, he ran away from them and changed schools, and now when I see him around, we completely ignore each other and it's just completely weird and you can feel the tension in the room. Sometimes I just don't understand people... :(

Another one would definitely be I'd Lie, just because it's always really hard to tell someone you like them and at least for me, I spend this phase where it's completely obvious that I like someone and when my friends confront me, I just avoid the question or I lie, which is never very convincing.

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Even though I know Taylor wrote Long Live primarily for her band, I still really relate to it. Last year was my senior year of high school and I went to a small school so all of us were really close. And we all had to do senior projects and I put together a slide show and used "Long Live" for the senior year part of it. So I always relate that song to my senior year, and its kinda crazy how well it fits ha.

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM

youshouldvesaidnobaby wrote:
    Even though I know Taylor wrote Long Live primarily for her band, I still really relate to it. Last year was my senior year of high school and I went to a small school so all of us were really close. And we all had to do senior projects and I put together a slide show and used "Long Live" for the senior year part of it. So I always relate that song to my senior year, and its kinda crazy how well it fits ha.

I use Long Live for pictures always.

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM

You Belong with me is a lot like what i am going through because my crush is going out with this really preppy type girl and i am the exact opposite

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM

The Story of Us...it really reminds me of me and my dad. My parents are divorced and we didn´t have contact for a year after he did some really mean things and I wanted him to apologize which he never did...last week I had to meet him and it was so weird...we were just sitting there hardly able to talk and we should have talked about so much and we didn´t.
    Right now i feel like I missed the opportunity to Speak Now :(

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Dear John = The story of my life for the past few months.

Thanks to Ours13 for the beautiful graphic!

Songs that you can relate to?

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I know that every Taylor fan out there has at least one song that they can take and apply to something they have experienced/went through in their life, so I was wondering if anyone would like to say what songs they can relate to and why? Haven't saw this thread before and thought it might be a good one to create so please let me know what you all think!:)

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Well,

Crazier, Stay Beautiful, Invisable, Teardrops on my Guitar, Superman, ect- I really like this guy who probably likes my best friend

'Never forget the essence of your spark'!!- Taylor Swift

^TrixieSwift

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM

HANNAH. I relate to Story Of Us in the SAME WAY as you. #twinning

Louis Tomlinson is flawless. I ship Laylor, forever and always. :) ~Love, Hannah~

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I relate to Jump Then Fall because that's how I felt towards my boyfriend Ethan.

xXNicoleXx
    xXNicoleXx

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

If this is only Taylor, then Story of Us for a few reasons I realized after reading a book.
    1) I've never heard silence quite this loud. That's basically a line from the book. This isn't the original intention, but I realized that silence can mean anything. At that moment when you hear nothing, there could be a million things that silence is. Taylor probably meant it to be that not saying anything to whoever was painful, which was the silence being loud.
    2) (Same line as above) When I'm around some of the people I drifted away from, I literally am feeling the loudness of the silence. It's a line that can either be taken very deeply, or very deeply oxymoronic. I took it as the first.
    3) Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking. I'm around people I don't talk to all the time. No one dares to say anything to the other.

^DancingAroundAllAlone

^fearlessforever13
    Instagram:marybethmcnally13[/Co

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Hmm...let's see here...okay this will be a very long list

Breathe---This girl and I were like best friends until we kind of drifted apart. I don't know, I feel like I'm the one who let her drift that far. I regret it. And I'm sorry.

Invisible---He might be with another girl, I'm really not sure. But I love him with all I've got and he just can't see me. I feel like he doesn't even know me.

Teardrops on My Gutiar--Same guy. He doesn't talk to me about another girl, but it's getting really hard to just keep things up. It's been five years.

Story of Us---Breathe girl. Nough said.

Superstar---LIAM. JAMES. PAYNE.

Hey Stephen---Not a Stephen, but some girls like him. I feel like I'm the most sincere. I was first ;)

Long Live---Long Live Swifties. Long Live Taylor Swift. Long Live the Agency. Long Live all those happy memories.

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

(^) Hehe mine.

Superstar: LOUIS. WILLIAM. TOMMO. TOMLINSON.

Louis Tomlinson is flawless. I ship Laylor, forever and always. :) ~Love, Hannah~

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Teardrops On My Guitar EXACTLY what I go through everday with tons of my "guy" friends.

The Outside I lived through this everyday throughout my school years, and it's hard... really hard.

I'm Only Me When I'm With You With my besties...

You Belong With Me I'm a nerd and your a football player, I Love you.

The Best Day My mom is my best friend, she's amazing and loves me so much

Mean I think everyone can relate..

Long Live always reminds me of my crazy class mates, I'm gonna miss them when I graduate..

Avi: Daya!! |

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

WANEGBT - break-up song/anthem
    MEAN - all the bullies and mean people
    OUR SONG & LOVE STORY - a deep love song
    WHITE HORSE - painful break-up

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.