1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Most relatable Taylor songs

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM Popular

What are the most relatable Taylor songs you can relate to? I can really relate to Teardrops on my Guitar, Enchanted, Superstar, Tied Together with A Smile, By The Way, (an unreleased song) The Outside, Never Grow Up and kinda Mean...

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Most relatable Taylor songs

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I can relate to Mean, Fifteen, Long Live, Fearless, and More(:
    Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

you belong with me, enchanted and fifteen. but mostly you belong with me :)

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Fifteen, the Story of Us, Back to December, and Tell Me Why

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Invisible. It kinda describes my life...

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Enchanted, You Belong With Me... probably more but i'm so tired! I'll think of more & post tomorrow :)

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I haven't found a Taylor song so far that completely perfectly describes my life but the ones I can relate to most are A Place In This World, Tied Together With a Smile and (for a while) I'd Lie

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Oh and Innocent! I always forget innocent

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Her unreleased songs :) including Long Time Coming, Nevermind, and By The Way (they're all on Youtube if you wanna hear)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw sparks fly, 9.1O.11.

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

i can relate to The Outside, Enchanted, By The Way, Fifteen, Mean and Back To December the most at the moment but i can relate to loads of other Taylors songs too!
    LONG LIVE TAYLOR SWIFT, THE AGENCY AND SWIFTIES! :) :) :) :)

Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Enchanted, Breathe, The Outside, and Fearless. (:
    LoveLoveLove,
    -M-

RE: Most relatable Taylor songs

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

the Outiside

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Never Grow Up, The Best Day, Mean, The Outside, Tied Together With A Smile, Long Live, Fifteen...
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I can relate the most to Mean, Tell Me Why, Never Grow Up, and Tied Together With a Smile.

^ Taylor and Me - 3.26.10

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The Outside, Mean, A Place In This World, Long Live, Safe & Sound, The Best Day, Innocent, Never Grow Up, Tied Together With A Smile. Basically, all her "life" songs. I cannot relate to love songs, since I'm not into that, although I can relate to a few breakup songs in a Lost-A-friend way.

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Tough one.. It depends on what mood I'm feeling, but i'd say overall I can definitely relate to Invisible and You Belong With Me. Recently I've started to sort of understand the message of Never Grow Up more and it's so true.. :)

How do you relate to Taylor's songs?

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I spend a lot of my time evaluating Taylor's songs, trying to figure out what they mean, and how i can relate.

One of my favorite songs of hers is "Mean" because i can relate to it so much. Being bullied in school, and being called 'different', and getting picked last in gym class. When i first heard it, i nearly cried, because before "Mean" i didn't really think anyone know what it was like to have a 'mean' person taunt you all the time.

I think its important that we know why each other is a swifty, because then we can become more then just Taylor Swift fans as a group.

If you have a favorite Taylor Swift song that you can relate to, comment below on why its so important to you!
    "Only the FEARLESS people aren't afraid to SPEAK NOW."

RE: How do you relate to Taylor's songs?

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Mean is the song that really turned me into a Swiftie (or is it Swifty) but not for your reason. Mostly because I read all about the song and what Taylor went through and after seeing all that how can you not like her even more. Most people would have given up after going through what Taylor did but she didn't. And she won two Grammys for it too. She's a great example of how to fight back.

Before I looked into what Mean was about I was a Taylor fan and liked her music but after that I learned all kinds of things. Once you start doing that there's no going back. I've never seen any singer who is so interesting and gives their fans so much to look into. Plus, she cares about her fans more than anyone else does. I'm a lot older than Taylor so I'm not sure how much I relate to what she's gone through but I like all of her songs. You don't need to go through what she went through to like her songs. That's something I hope more people figure out about her.

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

BrianC6234 wrote:
    Mean is the song that really turned me into a Swiftie (or is it Swifty) but not for your reason. Mostly because I read all about the song and what Taylor went through and after seeing all that how can you not like her even more. Most people would have given up after going through what Taylor did but she didn't. And she won two Grammys for it too. She's a great example of how to fight back.

Before I looked into what Mean was about I was a Taylor fan and liked her music but after that I learned all kinds of things. Once you start doing that there's no going back. I've never seen any singer who is so interesting and gives their fans so much to look into. Plus, she cares about her fans more than anyone else does. I'm a lot older than Taylor so I'm not sure how much I relate to what she's gone through but I like all of her songs. You don't need to go through what she went through to like her songs. That's something I hope more people figure out about her.

Wow, i never really thought about that, that much. I mean i love Taylor for multiple reasons, one being her songs, but more importantly how much of a role model she is to her younger audience like me. I mean, I know what you mean when you say mean is your favorite, but the fact that its your favorite because it has a good lesson and a good reason to why Taylor wrote it, i think can be (or is) a lot more valuable then the fact that you can connect to it with one or two experiences you've had in your life. What you wrote is awesome... you're awesome ;D

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Swiftie_13 wrote:
    BrianC6234 wrote:

Wow, i never really thought about that, that much. I mean i love Taylor for multiple reasons, one being her songs, but more importantly how much of a role model she is to her younger audience like me. I mean, I know what you mean when you say mean is your favorite, but the fact that its your favorite because it has a good lesson and a good reason to why Taylor wrote it, i think can be (or is) a lot more valuable then the fact that you can connect to it with one or two experiences you've had in your life. What you wrote is awesome... you're awesome ;D

You're awesome too.

I just think people should be willing to give Taylor a chance. I'm 48 and still Taylor is my favorite singer even though I'm nothing like her. All of her songs are great. But she's a lot more than just her songs. Too bad so many people don't see that. I can see why so many Swifties love her though. The problem I had was when I first found Taylor I didn't know anyone who listened to her so I had to figure everything out reading about her and Mean is the song that started all of that. I really wanted to know what that song was all about. That helped me learn about her secret messages in the lyric books too. If you don't know much about Taylor you wouldn't even know about that one.

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM

BrianC6234 wrote:
    Swiftie_13 wrote:
    BrianC6234 wrote:

You're awesome too.

I just think people should be willing to give Taylor a chance. I'm 48 and still Taylor is my favorite singer even though I'm nothing like her. All of her songs are great. But she's a lot more than just her songs. Too bad so many people don't see that. I can see why so many Swifties love her though. The problem I had was when I first found Taylor I didn't know anyone who listened to her so I had to figure everything out reading about her and Mean is the song that started all of that. I really wanted to know what that song was all about. That helped me learn about her secret messages in the lyric books too. If you don't know much about Taylor you wouldn't even know about that one.

113% agree! and thanks for calling me awesome.

I have read a lot 'bout Taylor Swift, from her songs, to her relationships.. But, i have noticed that the one thing that isn't brought up in any of her interviews (at least not in detail) is how much of an impact she has made on so many people. When i first heard Love Story by her, i thought she was a good singer but didn't know a lot bout her. I become easily obsessed with things, and with that said, i instantly had to discover who she was. I listened to more songs and came on this website, but before i really got into her and not just her music, it took me a really long time, 'cause i didn't have that moment where i was like, "Wow, thats deep, she really is an aweosme person."