Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Do your friends know your Taylor fan side?

Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 3:02 AM

my friends and my mom know how much I love Taylor but I don't really mention her that often coz none of them likes her as much as I do (some of my friends didn't even know who Taylor is until I brought her up *runs with head against wall*)
    we're bound by our choices but we are more than our mistakes

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:16 PM

I'm a 24 year old mother. While my friends know my Taylor side, they don't understand it. They think she's for kids and teens. I completely disagree. Her music is for everyone and I still look up to her as a role model. As least here, I can be honest about my Taylor side and be considered completely normal. LOL
    *Will you take a moment Promise me this That you'll stand by me forever but if God forbid fate should step in And force us into a goodbye If you have children someday When they point to the pictures Please tell 'em my name*

RE: Re: Do your friends know your Taylor fan side?

Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:41 PM

bree101990 wrote:
    I'm a 24 year old mother. While my friends know my Taylor side, they don't understand it. They think she's for kids and teens. I completely disagree. Her music is for everyone and I still look up to her as a role model. As least here, I can be honest about my Taylor side and be considered completely normal. LOL

Heh. Imagine what it's like to be a 36 year old Swiftie! And I know I'm not the oldest here.

Some of my friends know, some of my co-workers know, some of my family knows. I don't hide it, but I don't advertise it either. No one, but no one, knows the depths of my love for her (though I'm sure many here can relate).

Like, back in the day when I was in high school, the things I was obsessed with would be emblazoned all over my locker, my bedroom walls, my textbook covers, maybe even my car.... not exactly going that far as a 36 year old professional.

Though I may potentially get some sort of Swiftie personalized license plate....

I am very grateful that one of my friends who lives nearby me is a Swiftie so at least I have a concert buddy! So many of my friends don't like my music, I'm always stuck going to concerts alone. :( But not so for 1989 and I'm so excited!

Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 9:48 PM

kittycatwafer wrote:
    bree101990 wrote:
    I'm a 24 year old mother. While my friends know my Taylor side, they don't understand it. They think she's for kids and teens. I completely disagree. Her music is for everyine and I still look up to her as a role model. As least here, I can be honest about my Taylor side and be considered completely normal. LOL

Heh. Imagine what it's like to be a 36 year old Swiftie! And I know I'm not the oldest here.

Some of my friends know, some of my co-workers know, some of my family knows. I don't hide it, but I don't advertise it either. No one, but no one, knows the depths of my love for her (though I'm sure many here can relate).

Like, back in the day when I was in high school, the things I was obsessed with would be emblazoned all over my locker, my bedroom walls, my textbook covers, maybe even my car.... not exactly going that far as a 36 year old professional.

Though I may potentially get some sort of Swiftie personalized license plate....

I am very grateful that one of my friends who lives nearby me is a Swiftie so at least I have a concert buddy! So many of my friends don't like my music, I'm always stuck going to concerts alone. :( But not so for 1989 and I'm so excited!

That's awesome to hear. Again, I'm glad to know that there's a place where people like us can be considered completely normal for being obsessed with TS yet still be reserved adults in the real world. Haha!!
    *Will you take a moment Promise me this That you'll stand by me forever but if God forbid fate should step in And force us into a goodbye If you have children someday When they point to the pictures Please tell 'em my name*

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Well,my friends know that I'm Taylor's huge fan. I noticed that,since I started talking more about Taylor in my school,she became very popular. And I love it! My best friends also became Taylor's fans so I finally have someone to talk about Taylor,we hang out together and listen to Taylor's songs all the time.
    11/12/2014 i finnaly got my 1989 Deluxe! So happy and excited! :)
    Guys,please like my facebook page: Fearless Swifties
    [/signature]

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Yes my friends know but they don't understand why I like Taylor. They think Taylor is only for 12 year old white girls and that it's "wrong" for an 18 year old black guy to like Taylor, so I respond by always playing Taylor when they ride with me to basketball games and stuff lol.

Follow me on twitter:@nwiggins11

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Blackswiftie1989 wrote:
    Yes my friends know but they don't understand why I like Taylor. They think Taylor is only for 12 year old white girls and that it's "wrong" for an 18 year old black guy to like Taylor, so I respond by always playing Taylor when they ride with me to bbal games and stuff lol.

Follow me on twitter:@nwiggins11

Bravo! Good for you! Just keep doing your own thing. I remember what it was like to be young and people are so judgey over stupid things like opinions of music.

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 7:26 AM

bree101990 wrote:
    kittycatwafer wrote:
    bree101990 wrote:
    I'm a 24 year old mother. While my friends know my Taylor side, they don't understand it. They think she's for kids and teens. I completely disagree. Her music is for everyine and I still look up to her as a role model. As least here, I can be honest about my Taylor side and be considered completely normal. LOL

That's awesome to hear. Again, I'm glad to know that there's a place where people like us can be considered completely normal for being obsessed with TS yet still be reserved adults in the real world. Haha!!

I agree. I just wish TC was even busier, sometimes I won't visit the forum for days and there will only be a handful of new posts. Since I have no one else in my life to regularly talk to Taylor about, it's a bit of a letdown sometimes, but it's better than nothing, and I'm grateful TC exists!

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Yes! Sometimes they make fun of me but never in a mean way :) I even got some of them to listen to Taylor's music

I was RED on 2/7/14 BERLIN

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Yeah I think I've showed it to them enough times.....

Emily | Eza | Avi by Belle

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM

YES all of my friends do

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 1:55 PM

well I really only have two friends. My one friend LOVVVVES Taylor, so of course she knows about my Taylor side! We are actually going to the 1989 concert together! And my other friend likes Taylor, but not nearly as much as I do. But yes-she knows about my Taylor swift fan side
    I turned RED June 15, 2014 I will go back to 1989 October 3, 2015

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Yes they do and that's my only side!

Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Yes! OMG they only have two moods for my Taylor fangirling. 1. STAHP or 2. *just let her talk, don't say a word to prompt her* They love annoying me by mostly insulting Taytay, but I know they're joking so it's fine. But I have one swifty friend, so it's all good.

^^ HellaTayHair

Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Hahah yup! :) When there's something Taylor related, they say they all think about me hahah lol :)
    -
    ~ Winnie
    Follow my twitter! (ty!)
    Want to be Swiftie Buddies? Add me! (:

Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Ohhhh yeah. Everyone and their mother knows she's my life. I have no problem showing it.

I actually have the nickname 'C-SWIFT' amongst my friends and my co-workers haha

I CAN'T SAY I MIND... ;)

Xo, C

Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:30 PM

NO THEY DO NOT, no one does and it will stay that way forever. I am to old to be a Taylor Swift fan, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO HELP MYSELF.

1. CKB avatar CKB

Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Oh yeah. Wen my friends hear Taylor Swift they look at me. Even people from the other grades know how much i love her.

Sat, May 23, 2015 at 4:26 AM

Everyone knows I'm a Swiftie. My best friend doesn't like Taylor, she used to hate Taylor actually...now she at least respects her so I call that progress.

Andrea x