Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

What was the first Taylor Song you heard?

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM Popular

I'm interested in hearing people's stories about how they heard about Taylor and the first song they heard :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: What was the first Taylor Song you heard?

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

kellydykstra13 wrote:
    I've been really interested in when people first heard of Taylor and how lately :D
    ~Kelly :)

From my BFF

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Tim McGraw
    ----------------------------------

credit: TheThirteenthFan

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Tim Mcgraw (:

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Teardrops on my Guitar, The year was 2007 and I was watching CMC (country music Channel in Australia) and the Music video for Teardrops on my Guitar came on TV I had never heard of Taylor before that I thought the song/music video was great and beginning then i became a Taylor fan , Teardrops will always be the most Important Taylor song to me because of it being the first Taylor song I heard and what made me a fan

I will Speak Now March 12th,13th & 14th 2012

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Our Song!

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM

tear drops on my guitar!

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Tim Mcgraw on CMT top 20 countdown(:
    Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM

It was last summer, June to be exact (I know I'm probably the newest fan here) driving in my car listening to Pop2k on XM when "Love Story" came on. I fell in love before she finished the first verse. Started watching the video on youtube just to hear the song. Then found You Belong With Me and the rest is history.

I'm a swiftie for ever now, and cant be happier till I can see her live!!!!!

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Our song in fifth grade this girl i know had it on her iPod and was like listen to this new great country singer! Let's just say that i listened to it on repeat for the 3 hours as we drove home
    I lovelovelove you all and i hope you know that.
    Follow me on instagram - FearlessFlawless13
    I was FEARLESS 4.29.09 and i SPOKE NOW on 10.29.12
    Fearless and Flawless aren't just words to me.

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I know I heard Love Story, Fifteen, Teardrops on My Guitar first but at the time I wasn't a Taylor fan but the song that got me interested in Taylor's music was "Mine". I YouTubed her and watched some of her other music videos and here I am. I now listen to her almost everyday ;) :)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Love Story

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Teardrops On My Guitar.

I was wandering through Yahoo Music looking for new artists (As I often did before they nerfed their system) when this ethereal looking young blonde came on and started singing about a crush she didn't dare tell.

I was never really a fan of Country, not amazingly a fan of the song, but there was something about it and about Taylor's voice that I found incredibly interesting, anyway.

So I checked out the rest of her songs (A whole one album at that time, not long released) and slowly fell in love with her music...

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Picture to Burn. Still Love it. and Is probably one of my favorites Live :)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I was at an end of the year pool party in 4th grade and these two girls were singing, "Teardrops on my Guitar." I loved the song and I specifically remember asking, "who sings that song?" and they both replied, "Taylor Swift. " I absolutely loved the song, so when I got home I searched Taylor Swift on YouTube. I listened to all of her songs that were released at the time including,"Tim McGraw." I was such an amateur to Country music, I remember I didn't even know Tim McGraw was an extremely famous country star. I thought Tim McGraw was one of the guys she had dated! Ever since then I have been a huge Country fan, and I live in an area filled with people who listen to Pop and Hip Hop. Talk about an outsider haha.
    LOVE
    LOVE
    LOVE

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

love story i was watching tv and the commercial for the fearless album came on cause this was back in 2008. i've never heard of her before but i was interested cause she looked pretty. then, my sister downloaded love story and you belong with me, i listened to them, and i fell in love with them!! those two songs changed my life forever

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hey Stephen in 2009 - A friend had "They're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?" as her PM on MSN so I googled it, youtube'd it, loved it, went out and bought her first two albums and been a Swiftie every since :)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Love Story! :)
    I never watched MTV, but I watched it once and I saw Taylor's Love Story and I LOVED it, I loved the fairytale thingy. And so I looked up more songs of her and became a fan :) So happy I watched mtv that day!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ours graphic by the amazing thethirteenthfan!
    Beautiful Avatar: TaylorSwiftFan

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It's Picture To Burn, I find it cool at first (the title) so I was curious and I listen to it then my friend told me Our Song then, it all started with it.. all because of curiosity now I'm a Swifty

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

The first song I heard was Teardrops On My Guitar, I'm pretty sure it was in the spring of 2008. I was on this forum where we had a topic where we wrote what songs we were listening to atm and a friend of mine wrote Teardrops. I decided to check it out and I was obsessed!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM

The first song I ever heard from Taylor is Love Story, I saw her music video on TV and I was a fan. So that's when I went on you tube and saw she had a channel, watched all her music videos and video blogs then I have never liked any other singer as much as I have liked Taylor so glad I found Taylor. :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.