Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

What do you do if...?

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM

One of your closest friends has just become a lesbian and wants to go out with you? What do you say? I don't want to hurt her feelings and i don't want it to be awkward! PLEASE HELP!
Hannah :0 xx

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: What do you do if...?

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Please help i am literally begging you!

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Do you know she's definitely a lesbian? If so, how do you know? You obviously need to tell her that you're straight and you are one of her best friends and there is no possible way to go out with her. Did she straight up tell you?

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Her last boyfriend told me that was why she broke up with him, because she had feelings for me! I believe him because all her other mates keep telling me about it. Also she told me last night that she was writing a song about me!

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Tell her no and decide if you think you can still be friends. that sounds really awkward. just do what YOU want, not anyone else!
    Please enter my songwriting contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and...

By Kelsey_Swift

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Thanks guys for your advice, it means alot

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Wow! I'm kinda in the exact same boat as you :O I would tell her "no" and then give her space. That's what I did.
    "The way you move is like a full on rain storm, and I'm a house of cards"

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Ummm :S how old is she? Because my teacher was saying when girls are like pre-teens to early teens sometimes they go through a stage whether they don't know which gender to like.

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I'm sorry this might be insensitive but it will take the stress off you a bit.

Tell her this xD

Let me tell you something about Janis Ian. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Janis, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack.

haha im joking. don't.

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM

FearlessGirlWithAGuitar wrote:
    Tell her no and decide if you think you can still be friends. that sounds really awkward. just do what YOU want, not anyone else!
    Please enter my songwriting contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and...

By Kelsey_Swift

Whatever you do, just be kind about it. It's no doubt just as awkward for her as it is for you.
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Has she asked you to go out yet? If she does ask, just tell her that you're into guys, but maybe you two could hang out sometime, as friends.

By SwiftieForever 13
    [url=http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg]http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg[/url][IMG][/signature]

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Say that you're really sorry but you prefer the other gender. Tell her that she is still your bestest friend EVER (if that is true) but you don't really do things like that. I hope this helps.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM

As long as she's a real friend, she'll understand. c: Just tell her that you don't have feelings like that for her, and that you think you should stay friends.

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM

A similar thing happened to me, but my friend respected that I didn't feel the same way. Just try to stay respectful, if she mentions it tell her that she's a great friend but it's not the kind of relationship you're after. She probably already understands somewhat that it's not going to happen but it's good that she can at least get her feelings out in song :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.