1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

First song; and where; and how

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

What was the very first Taylor song you heard? And where were you/was it played?

And how did you become a fan?

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: First song; and where; and how

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM

The very first Taylor song I hearc was Stay Beautiful, on the radio

I actually remember the story of me becoming a fan.
    I was at my grandparents house. Absolutely bored out of my mind, I went on "On Demand."
    I was looking around for music to listen to. I knew who Taylor Swift was, because a couple week before that, I had heard "Stay Beautiful" on the radio. The very first Taylor song I had ever heard.
    So then I decided to look at some of her videos(I think I just saw her name and clicked the first one that came up)
    The "You Belong With Me" video, that was it. I was just sitting in my aunts bed, dancing around to the beat. My mouth dropped, wide open. And once it was over, I was in shock. Absolute shock. I watched it again and again and again. I guess I just fell in love.
    It wasn't the song I loved. The video made me realize.........

And at that moment, I knew, this...was my new favorite artist. My new role model. My forever best friend. No more Hannah Montana for me.
    Taylor Swift became a part of my daily life. I Listened to her everyday. At the time I didn't even know what a Swiftie was though. I don't even think "Swiftie" was a thing.
    I became obsessed over the years.
    And to think it all started with me being bored at my grandparents house. I was introduced to my role model and inspiration.
    ©TaylorSwiftFan001's Story

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I first heard Love Story at my friend's house. After that I started to discover more of her songs like You Belong With Me, then one day I got her CD. After that I was a fan :)

1) gabbylove13 2) Kaylee[/signature]

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The first song was Tim McGraw; I was at my local skating rink and it came on I instantly fell in love; I went home and I typed in "Taylor Swift" to YouTube that was her only song out then and eventually more was released and I bought her album and have been a fan ever since!! [=

Credit to MAZ and Daya for the signatures!!

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM

bumppp

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

The first Taylor song I ever heard was Our Song in 2008... I was getting picked up by my aunt and cousins nd my cousin asked to play Our Song. I had never heard anyother Taylor music before than and afterwards was turned into a swiftie

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM

The first song I ever heard was Love Story.
    I used to have to go to an after school program when I was in elementary school. They would put the radio on sometimes and one time Love Story came on. This was 2008 and at the time I didnt know who Taylor was, but I knew I liked the song. I later saw the music video for Tear Drops on My Guitar and instantly fell in love with her. Ever since then I have been obsessed with Taylor. :)

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM

The very first song I heard: Love Story
    Where I heard it: On a local television channel in our country called "Myx" that shows every top 10 and other famous/trending songs worldwide.
    Where I was when I heard it: At Home
    How did I become a Fan?: When I first heard Taylor's "Love Story".:)

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM

The first song I heard was Crazier. I bought the Hannah Montana-The Movie soundtrack which was released before the movie.
    The first time I heard of Taylor was when I saw a picture of her and Joe in a magazine. I'm from Germany and nobody knew her at that time (now a lot of people absolutely adore her ;))... to be honest I hated her because I was around 12 years old and a big fan of the Jonas Brothers and I had a crush on Joe ahahhaha I don't know why but I bought Fearless without having heard a song of it (probably because I wanted to get to know Joe's girlfriend and I buy many many many CDs :D) and that's when I became a huuuuuge fan of hers (by the way I never loved the Jonas Brothers so much :D)
    My love for Taylor grows everyday

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM

1st song was back to december really awesome when i listened to it i was like ya man its really amazing nd so i became a huge swiftie

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM

It was Mine. Well I saw a new in a web about her and I was... I know who is her but i never really heard anything from her. So I went to Youtube and I search her and Mine was the first video to appear... and then... I fell in love with her music. Typical, isn't it? :)

It was around March 2011, I guess.

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Mine was Love Story around November 2008. I was at my friend's house and she had the Fearless album and she put on Love Story and I just fell in love with it. I think we spent all of that day listening to the album!
    I became a proper Swiftie in 2010 when Speak Now came out. I was a massive fan of her before that but I didn't really obsess over her

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM

bumpp

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My first song i ever heard was love story. My step-mom always listened to Taylor Swift, so that is how i became a fan!

RE: First song; and where; and how

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

The very first Taylor song I heard was Tim McGraw. I had just gotten a brand new MP3 player and I was talking with my cousin about what recent country songs I should add. She said that she heard a song on the radio a few days before and it was by some girl she had never heard before and it mentioned Tim McGraw in it. I looked it up on Napster and was hooked. This was around the time when the first single was starting to get a lot of airplay. From there I started listening to the first album and became a fan, especially after I saw her Myspace and realized that she was only 16 and seemed like the type of person I would be friends with.

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Tim McGraw! My cousin called me when it was on the radio and I fell in love with her after. I became hooked because I was about to move to another state so I knew me and my ex wouldn't last but I hope that he remembers the good times we had and all the music artists we listened to.

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

The first Taylor Song I have ever heard was Teardrops On My Guitar. I remember when I was in 5th grade and I was in my car after getting picked up from school. I really liked it so searched it up when I got up and her Taylor Swift album popped up so I listened to it all night and by the next Monday i had memorized all the words. :D I have been a Swiftie ever since!!!
    alannahstarla

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Mine was Love Story, I think.
    I was sitting in my room reading a book listening to the radio and the song came on. I turned the radio up and stopped reading. I guess I was caught.

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Emm... I would say Love story back in 2009. Well, my friend played it on piano in school during recess and my classmates knew all the words except for me:( but I talked about taylor to my cousin and she bought me Fearless:)
    It would be great if you could add me as friend! Send me a friend request:) I won't bite!

Made by Guppy1313!^^

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

The first song I heard by Taylor was Love Story!!A cousin of mine sent it to me-also a fan of Taylor!-and at that time we weren't fans at all!and I listened to it while we were driving to a church!

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:07 AM

My first song I heard was Love Story when I saw the music video on TV back in September 2008. ;)

Sheerio & Swiftie lover.