1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Crumpled up piece of paper

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I think my favorite metaphor on the Red album is from All Too Well, where Taylor sings, "I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here, cause I remember it all, all, all...too well." It's just such great imagery, comparing a person to a piece of paper that someone started something on that they decided they didn't like, crumpled it up, and threw it away. Everything that was started, though, is still on that paper, even though it's all damaged.

What is a favorite metaphor of yours from Red, or for that matter from any of her albums?
Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Crumpled up piece of paper

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I would say probably that metaphor you just said, All Too Well has some of my favourite lyrics ever.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Wow! That is really good. Taylor is amazing!

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I agree with you and i also like "So Casually Cruel In The Name Of Being Honest!" It's like saying that you don't care if you hurt someone because your not going to lie to there face, so you just go and say it anyway no matter what the consequences are!
    Hannah :-0 xx

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

i like " you call me up again just to break me like a promise"
    I would be ENCHANTED to meet Taylor

Swiftie for life

all together we have SWIFTIE POWERS

PLEASE READ MY BLOGS
    love: Sammie :)

October 22 the world will be totally RED

"When you think Taylor Swift i hope you think of me"

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

taylorswiftielucky13 wrote:
    I would say probably that metaphor you just said, All Too Well has some of my favourite lyrics ever.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

This^

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

MadMadMad4Swift13 wrote:
    i like " you call me up again just to break me like a promise"
    I would be ENCHANTED to meet Taylor

Swiftie for life

all together we have SWIFTIE POWERS

PLEASE READ MY BLOGS
    love: Sammie :)

October 22 the world will be totally RED

"When you think Taylor Swift i hope you think of me"

^ This for me too :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I really like that metaphor as well. but I think my all time favourite lyrics in ATW are "You call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest." Like a few of you guys said. I'm like obsessed with these lyrics. All Too Well in general though is like one of the best songs lyrically like the lyrics are soooooooo amazing. Taylor is pure talent.
    Marwa Z

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Like everyone else said, I really love "and you call me up again just to break me like a promise"! I get cold chills every time she sings it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Get in touch!
    www.youtube.con/officialsarahmusic
    @iheartmissswift
    @meglizlove

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

You call me up again just to break me like a promise!

I Spoke Now on Nov. 16, 2011. :)

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Red has a quite a few good metaphors! The ones in all to well are quite obviously great but there are a lot of good ones like "and you throw your head back laughing like a little kid"
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

How about, too, "Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street"?
    Illinois Country Fan

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Illinois Country Fan wrote:
    How about, too, "Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street"?
    Illinois Country Fan

That's a good one too I also like "love is a ruthless game" I'm to sure if that counts as a metaphor though...

You're beautiful every little piece love

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Sydneytilley wrote:

That's a good one too I also like "love is a ruthless game" I'm to sure if that counts as a metaphor though...

That's a good one (and is a metaphor.)
    I personally love all the metaphors in All Too Well (crumpled piece of paper, etc.)
    I know it doesn't matter, but some of you guys are giving similes Just thought I'd point that out.
    ~CanadianSwiftFan

(graphic by stayingfearless13)
    I was enchanted on July 14, 2011
    "Wasn't it easier in your firefly catching days?" (Innocent)

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

you call me up again just to break me like a promise

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM

"This is the worthwhile fight!!" From State of Grace. That line makes me so hopeful and full of happiness. All Too Well is my favorite Taylor Swift song of all time. It is a lyrical masterpiece.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

�No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.�
    -Taylor Swift-

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

CanadianSwiftFan wrote:
    Sydneytilley wrote:

I personally love all the metaphors in All Too Well (crumpled piece of paper, etc.)
    I know it doesn't matter, but some of you guys are giving similes Just thought I'd point that out.
    ~CanadianSwiftFan

Yeah, that Maserati line I posted is actually a simile. What the heck, why don't just expand the discussion to officially also include similes?!
    Illinois Country Fan

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I always get chills hearing that line!

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Illinois Country Fan wrote:
    CanadianSwiftFan wrote:
    Sydneytilley wrote:

~CanadianSwiftFan

Yeah, that Maserati line I posted is actually a simile. What the heck, why don't just expand the discussion to officially also include similes?!
    Illinois Country Fan

LOL,yeah,I love All Too Well more than I ever thought I could love a song...it`s actually been stuck in my head all day!!! I like the part where she`s like, "Time won`t fly,it`s like I`m paralyzed by it. I`d like to be my old self again,but I`m still tryna find it. After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own,now you mail back my things and I walk home alone. But you still keep my scarf from that very first day,cuz it reminds you of innocence,and it smells like me. You can`t get rid of it,cuz you remember it all too well..." I know that`s alot, and not a simile or metaphor,but I had to say it.

I MUST ASK: WHO IS THAT LITTLE MUNCHKIN AS YOUR PROFILE PICTURE??? I DIED A LITTLE!!! I wanna huuuuuuuug her!!!!!!

~hug~ #3

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w5[/signature]

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Agreed!! All To Well Is Lyrically the best song she has written! :)

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Tried to quote you, iAmWonderstruck13, and respond, but TC wouldn't let me, so I'll just do a regular reply, haha!

The little kid is a him, and he's my son at 4 months, during his first Christmas. He's 3 years old now, and sitting here playing game on his Kindle Fire while I type this, haha! Thanks for the compliment to him. I think he made a pretty cute Santa!

Speaking of song lines, he reminds me of Never Grow Up, where Taylor sings, "To you, everything's funny. You have nothing to regret." That's not a simile or metaphor, either, but it totally describes him!
    Illinois Country Fan