1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Relating Songs to Friendships

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Most of Taylor's songs are about romantic relationships, but in the end, those feelings are the same as a platonic friendship- they can hurt just as much, if not more.

What songs have you guys related to your friendships?

Some of mine are Tim McGraw, Tied Together With a Smile, Ours, Forever & Always, and Back to December.
Message me if you want a graphic :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Relating Songs to Friendships

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I can relate to The Story of Us because it describes perfectly what happened to a friendship i used to have that just fizzled away and now its awkward whenever i see them or talk to them.

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 15th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

url][/signature]

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Breathe. One of my favorite Taylor songs of all time

Also I'm Only Me When I'm With You and Long Live

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Also The Story of Us, You're Not Sorry, I Almost Do (minus love stuff), Sad Beautiful Tragic (minus love stuff), and sort of All Too Well.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM

You know, I never really thought about that before. Thanks for getting me thinking!

I'm Only Me When I'm With You, Ours, Forever and Always, The Last Time and probably some others too.
    Request in my graphic shop...please?

By me^^
    I used to be TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13!!

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Oh my gosh how did I forget Breathe?

Thanks for reminding me, Kate!
    Request in my graphic shop...please?

By me^^
    I used to be TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13!!

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

the story of us. so much
    follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile ,laugh,dream and love
    smiles
    mia

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Breathe, 22, Long Live.

Swiftie since 2007
    I will be Red on August 19th.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yeah i can definitely relate the story of us, breathe, long live, i'm only me when i'm with you, and you're not sorry to friendships.

Thanks to TaylorSwiftFan for the signature!

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I can relate to The Story of Us because I had a crush on this boy and we liked each other from afar, then something happened and it ended. Then something happened again and now we're back together.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM

With friendships, I can relate to Dear John, sadly, and Better Than Revenge.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I relate all songs to friendships really. But The Story of Us was really relatable at one time....

^
    Both made by the flawless Swiftastic13!

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Well I have this friend and we're not really friends any more..it's a long story, and I don't want to go there. But I still remember feeling able (and still) to relate to The Story Of Us, Breathe, You're Not Sorry, Cold As You, Mean, Better Than Revenge, The Outside, Invisible, and Perfectly Good Heart. Also, All Too Well, Come In With The Rain, I Almost Do, I Knew You Were Trouble, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, (even if I wish we were still BFF's, like I said, I Almost Do), The Last Time, Sad Beautiful Tragic, Back To December, Tim McGraw, White Horse, Tell Me Why, innocent, Haunted, If This Was A Movie and The Other Side Of The Door. It's a lot, but that one so called friend has given me a lot of pain. All those are in friendships, not love! Here are some other's, with my BFF who really will be Forever: 22, Stay Stay Stay, kind of Everything Has Changed, I'm Only Me When I'm With You, and Long Live. My fair share of good and bad friendships! There! (Not in love)!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Yes, I ALWAYS relate songs to friendships. To me it was just like an awful breakup when my friends and I stopped talking to each other. I have never had a relationship but I can totally relate to All Too Well. I remember every little moment of our friendship all too well. And Breathe is also perfect because I think it was no one's fault. Other examples are Come In With The Rain and Long Live.
    And I put the lyrics of Stay Beautiful in my signature because I can totally relate to these lines. I love a lot of people. And sometimes people I love simply walk out of my life without asking me and I can't do anything about it. I miss them so much. And to me this line is about that feeling. I hope I'll see them again someday but if I won't, I just want them to stay beautiful and never change. :)

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I have before :)

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Mean. I once had a friend who was mean to me, and i dedicate this song to her. And enchanted because me and my bff were enchanted to meet each other.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Deffinently "im only me when im with you" because most of the time im only me with my friends and parents

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I know how you feel. I relate a lot of Tay songs to past or present friendships.....I've never really had a boyfriend so I relate to friendship 10X more. Some of the Taylor songs I relate to friendship are:

Picture to burn, cold as you, fifteen, white horse, breathe, tell me why, you're not sorry, forever and always, story of us, innocent, haunted, long live, I knew you were trouble, 22, I almost do, we are never ever getting back together, holy ground, I heart? And I'm only me when I'm with you.

I also relate other Tay songs to other things like: the outside, change and mean to bullying
    Never grow up and fifteen to growing up and...
    The best day to my family

You're beautiful every little piece love

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Having never been in a relationship (sigh), i just take out the love stuff and relate a lot of Taylor songs to my friendships... I Almost Do, I'm Only Me When i'm With You, Stay Beautiful and Long Live :)

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Breathe, I Almost Do (without the love stuff) I'm Only Me When I'm With you.

-DAAA
    -Kaylee

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I'm Only Me When I'm With You is a great friendship song (: Me and my bestfriend (she's a swifty too), our song is Back To December