Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

What Genre Now?

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM

So, now that RED's been released, people are tryin' to say that Taylor's pure pop. I don't. People have just REALLY judged her too much for "We Are Never Ever Gettin' Back Together," but the people callin' her pop are probably the ones who don't buy the cds and hear the songs like "I Almost Do" and "All Too Well." My cousin said she's better pop, but I know she's country... Country, country rock, and country pop.

What do yall think now that RED's been released?

The verdict:
Most of us agree that she mixes rock and pop into country music. Her lyrics are country, and she's made country music her own. Verdict: Genre = Taylor Swift

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: What Genre Now?

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I think shes moved over to a little bit more pop but she does still have country. But I think this is the first album where some songs have been all pop and not country-pop. I knew you were trouble is one of them.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM

i think shes a bit of both :D
    "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right."

RE: What Genre Now?

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Can you first explain what "country" is?

I'm new at the whole country thing... I'm a new fan from Europe... we don't really have country, so for me Taylor is pop-rock

Is there something wrong with pop? I don't really understand what the problem is?

Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Ilse DeLange, John Denver, Kenny Rodgers, Dolly Parton,... for me all pop-artists.

For me Taylor is the perfect singer/songwriter, but above all, she stayed, sweet, honest, nice, smart... even after all the succes she had at such a young age.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:07 PM

It's hard to classify Taylor into a genre, because her music has a wide variety of genres. I would say she's mostly country pop though.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM

The final installment in the “Twilight” series, “Breaking Dawn Part 2,” took in $30.4 million in Thursday night and midnight showings in North America. The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise opened Wednesday in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and French and Italian speaking Switzerland.

The final installment in the “Twilight” series, “Breaking Dawn Part 2,” took in $30.4 million in Thursday night and midnight showings in North America. The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise opened Wednesday in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and French and Italian speaking Switzerland.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Each song is different. Some pop, some country-pop, some pop-rock. I just don't think it's a pure country album like her self titled album. I still enjoy it though(:

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM

If it's good music, I don't think is should matter what genre it is. I miss her country roots, but Red is SO fantastic!

Thanks allyouareismean!!! :D I'm certainly Wonderstruck! Thanks to victoriak13 for the amazing avatar![color

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM

i think that she is the most amazing person in the whole wide world!! i agree with you!!:)
    my name is madison and i love taylor swift!! she is my life 24/7!!! please be my friend!!

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

She is Taylor. It doesnt matter what genre she is, she makes music that is amazing! People who judge what kind of genre she is, aren't real swifties!

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I think she's both, and I've listened to all of her songs, and she's still amazing, I'll always love her :)

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I actually don't think she's neither! I don't think she's true country or true pop....

^
    Both made by the flawless Swiftastic13!

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

country

1&4:me 2: Kathryn 3: Kaylee

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

pop-country crossover. Thats what I think. She has some country songs and some pop songs. I love her all the same though!
    You`re lucky enough to be different, never change - Taylor Swift

For me, I don't think technoligy is going to impress me until I can download food from the internet - Niall Horan

[url=http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i[/url][/signature]

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Country-pop-indie-rock. It's a mix of all of those together.
    Love you forever and always, Louis :)
    made by Swiftlookalike

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I don't usually listen to pop or country so I don't think it either of them.... it's more a mix of both genres....
    bu tI think it's definitly NOT rock... never

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 4:16 AM

What is wrong with pop? Everyone is saying "this is too pop," "that is too pop," but have they even taken in what genre Taylor was in the very beginning? No! She has always been, and will always be, Country pop! Shania Twain went more pop with one of her albums, so why can't Taylor? And, if you think about it, Speak Now was more pop than Red! When I think of Taylor pop, I always come to the album Speak Now! Red has produced so many beautiful country songs, so I say Taylor is still Country with a twist of pop!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.