1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How Did You Become A Swiftie? (Swiftie stories)

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:38 AM

I know there's probably alot of these threads, but it's still worth it. So, how did you become a Swiftie, leave your story below!

My Story:

Decemeber 2nd, 2006. My cousin Harley, came over to my grandma's, lucky for me I was there. I don't know what subject we were on, but all of a sudden, my grandma asked Harley what her favorite song was. She thought about it, finally she said "Teardrops On My Guitar! I don't know who sings it, but she's amazing!!!" I wondered 'Maybe I could figure that out, or at least listen to the song..'

Around 6 o'clock, it was time to take her home. The thought of TDOMG, was still burning in my mind. 15 minutes later, we got her home. And I swear, right as soon as she got out, the radio station (101.3) started playing TDOMG. I literally made everyone be quie, just so I could hear the song. After it was over, the radio guy said "That was newcomer Taylor Swift and her single Teardrops On My Guitar!" and I remember saying to myself "Taylor Swift.. gotta remember that."

A week later, I forgot about Taylor. Then, one day, me and my mom were in the car, heading to Wal-Mart, then back to my grandma's. This song came on the radio, I didn't know anything about it or who sung it, I just knew the voice sounded familliar. Once again, at the end of the song, the SAME radio man said "That was the lovely, Taylor Swift and her song Tim McGraw!" I froze and said to my mom "MOMMY! THAT'S THE GIRL HARLEY WAS TALKING ABOUT!!! CAN WE SEE IF SHE HAS AN ALBUM?!" Right when we got to Wal-Mart, I ran to the albums, and sure enough, there was "Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift" and I bought it. The rest is history
LoveLoveLove,
-A-

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: How Did You Become A Swiftie? (Swiftie stories)

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:02 AM

So one day i was in such a bad mood and a taylor swift song came on and i felt that the song was so relatable and ever since then i've had a girl crush on taylor and her music :P so im 13 now so i thoughtid sign upto thiss x

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I became a Swiftie in 2008 when I first heard Love Story playing in my friends car and I really loved the song. She told me the artist was Taylor Swift so I went home and looked her up. Before long I was listening to the Fearless album and have been obsessed ever since!!!
    People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine

Love, Eva :)

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM

It started early 2008- Love Story had just come out and I was in my mum's room. Then an advert came on and it was advertising Taylor's new single at the time which happened to be Love Story! At that time I was obsessed with Princesses and fairytales so when I saw her I knew when I heard that song that there was something different about her from any other star at that time. I kept thinking about that advert and how pretty she looked and I recognised her voice from another song (which I later found out was Tear Drops On My Guitar). Then I called my dad at work and said , "dad, I would really like to buy this song- it's called Love Story by Taylor Swift. Could you please buy it for me and he said he'd do his best! That night I stayed up waiting for him to come home and when he did he had the Love Story single (with the Love Story, Beautiful Eyes and the Love Story remix dj version) and I still have it to this day! I sat up for about an hour listening to those 3 songs over and over and over again! Then, that morning while we were driving into school I asked dd if I could put on the cd for him though I was a bit nervous because dad usually hated all the modern pop stars who were fake and didnt write there own music. So by the time it got the chorus I asked him what he thought of it and he was like, "Well, I really like Taylor Swift!" I was so happy, because this was the first modern star my dad actually liked and probably still is one of the only ones to this day! He then said to me, I have a feeling she might write her own music, so I checked and he was right! It's creepy how my dad is usually right lol! That night he came home with her first album, Taylor Swift and the first Taylor song (and the first proper song I ever learnt off by heart) I learnt off by heart was Teardrops on my Guitar! Whenever I went to my grans I would sing about 5 Taylor Swift songs Everytime I visited her and my aunts, with different ones each time. I was also the first person in my school to actually know who she was and was one of the only ones to like her in my grade! My little sister didnt like her at first though (mostly because she was annoyed at how often I would sing her songs to her) but as time went on, even though she tried to hide I knew deep down she really liked her ; so when it came to early 2012 she was like wow , Taylor Swift is amazing! So I have been a Swiftie since I was 8 years old and my sister became one when she was 9! X x sorry if it is so long!!

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I cut myself. I was so depressed and I wanted to die. But then I starting listening to Taylor's music because I'd heard it a few times on the radio. She helped me through that stage of my life. And it's because of her I'm still alive today.

If you want to read the full story then see my profile for it. It's really long so that's why I didn't post the whole thing.
    Please view my profile and comment on it!

Made by Little Birdy Designs!

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

it happened over a pretty long period for me. I had been aware of Taylor and always somewhat liked her ever since Tim McGraw hit radio way back, But it wasnt until Speak Now came out that I really took notice. After hearing alot of the radio singles from Speak Now I went and bought all her CD's and finally listened to all the songs. I also got dragged along to my first Taylor concert by my friend Lindsey during the Speak Now tour not expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I do rock concerts. Turns out I did as I ended up going with her to two other Taylor shows on the Speak Now tour and I will be going to the Red tour twice this summer (Fargo and St Paul). I think the fact that her songs are so relatable whether your male or female is what makes her so awesome. Now that I have joined TC 4 days ago I guess its official im a guy swiftie and there is no turning back now!

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I liked Love Story and YBWM but it was really until the Speak Now album that I loved her! I went to the Speak Now concert and it was incredible! I can't wait to see her live again next month!

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM

In 6th grade (2011-2012 for me), in language arts class, we were doing these books that were practice for the FCAT (a florida starndarized test). The 2nd to last booklet was about taylor swift! In class, we listened to "Mean" and I loved it! I went home and listened to her music! This was in Febuary, 2012.

So then, like 2 days later, I asked my dad to buy me Taylor music, and he happened to have Fearless and Speak Now on his computer! So I put it on itunes!

Then, I kept looking for "Taylor Swift" in the stores, but they didn't have it anywhere since it was so old, so after about 2 months of looking, I got it on itunes!

I joined TC at the end of april (ugh I missed my TC birthday, its from April 23 to April 26)

And the rest is history!

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I never heard any of her songs until Love Story came out! The first album was good and I liked the Fearless album but it was really until the Speak Now album that I loved her! I went to the Speak Now concert and it was incredible! I can't wait to see her live again next month! Swiftie since 2009!

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I'd heard a few of her songs before, but this is how i became a swiftie:
    Me and my friends were entering a talent show at school and we were wondering what to sing when one of my friends said "let's sing white horse" none of us knew what it was so she played it for us and i instantly fell in love with it. After the talent show i searched for more of Taylor's songs and the went on to buy her albums.
    That's how I became a Swiftie.

Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I was a Swiftie right from the start. When she started out, so came to my high school (I didn't get to go though). You can read my blog and see a picture of her there on my profile. :] But ever since then, I have been in love with her. I finally saw her in concert July 6th, 2013 though!

Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM

One of my best friends is completely obsessed with Taylor Swift. I never really listened to her music and not many of my friends did either. My friend was always talking about Taylor Swift and how much she loved her. I never really understood why she was so obsessed so one day after school I decided to listen to Taylor Swift. I could relate to almost all of the songs and after that I bought Red. I listened to the Red album over and over again and I became obsessed too. I instantly fell in love with Red so I started listening to all of Taylor's other albums and I realized that I loved them too. I went to my first Taylor Swift concert at the end of June and it was amazing! I love Taylor so much and it's all because of my best friend

Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I was a Swiftie basically from the beginning. I became one after Fearless. Once I listened to Taylor I realized that I could relate to almost every song and that she was a great artist. Since then I have been hooked. I have seen Taylor twice in concert and they were the best nights of my life. (dates are in my signature :)) I love Taylor so much and am so glad I found her
    I was speak now on September 28th 2011 and Red June 1st 2013

Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM

When her song Tim McGraw came on the radio and they kept playing her a lot since she is from Pennsylvania and she has made Pittsburgh a second home here even though she grew up on the other side of the state. Ever since then I was pretty much a fan since Pittsburgh kinda took Taylor in and treated her so well and she is still so well liked and welcomed here in Pittsburgh. I only have seen her once in concert and that was for her Speak Now tour when she came to Pittsburgh in June of that year she toured.

Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM

How I became a Swiftie: In 2007 (I was 7 years old), our neighbor came over. This guy was very nice, but was a punk-rock and metal type of guy. He constantly was giving us new Cd's to listen to, but we usually didn't listen to them because it wasn't our type of music. One day he came over and was like "You have to check this girl out, she is amazing. She writes all her own music, and is very good." So after a while of contemplating, we eventually put it in. Tim Mcgraw came on and my mom was like "Oh, I've heard this song." I hadn't heard it before, but it sounded good. As time passed I continued to listen more and more. When Fearless came out I was a mega fan (I hadn't known what swifties were at that point). I made my mom listen to it every time we were in the car. I was constantly searching for concert tickets. Sadly I didn't get to go to the Fearless Tour. Then when Speak Now came out, I had bought the album and knew all the songs, but I didn't really listen to it that much. For my 12th birthday, on October 20th, my grandma got me SNWT tickets. I was so excited because the concert was the following day. After the concert, I was addicted. I had to hear more, I had to know more. Ever since, I am constantly looking for new Taylor facts. I am a Swiftie for life.
    http://images.wikia.com/taylor-swift/images/9/94/Taylor-Swift-Long-Live-My-FanMade-Single-Cover-anichu90-16634992-600-600.jpg

Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Well, it was in 2010, on december. I was reading a magazine and I found an article about "Speak Now". I read that the songs were secretly dedicated to people, so I got interested on her. I immediately ran to my computer and I entered to YouTube. I searched for Taylor Swift- You Belong with me (because I saw the name of the song in the magazine) and I listened to it. The rhythm was AWESOME, but I didn't understand anything of the lyrics because at that moment, I didn't know English as much as I do now (I still speak wrong sometimes) so I searched the lyrics on Google and then I realized that it perfectly told what I was feeling on that moment (I was desperately in love with a guy who had girlfriend, and she used to cheat on him) so I completely fell in love with that song. Then I continued listening to the rest of her amazing music and I found myself so hooked to her. I started investigating about her and her life, and then I just became a fan. But I grew up, and I passed though a lot of emotions and things that made me more in love with her, so I officially became a Swiftie.
    I'm sorry if my english gets some mistakes, I'm trying to do my best (:

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I was over my friend's hour on November 2008 and Fearless had just come out. My friend put on the album and played Love Story for me because I told her I hadn't heard it - and I was blown away by Taylor's voice and talent. We spent the rest of that day dancing and singing along to Fearless. I instantly became a fan and went home to download all of Taylor's albums. I didn't really start listening to the lyrics and really appreciating them until I heard Long Live in 2010 (I thought Taylor was very talented up until then but I'd never really listened to them if that makes any sense) and that's when I started calling myself a swiftie and wanting to know everything about Taylor. It took awhile for me to get there but I've never looked back

Made by the very talented ToTheBraveGirls

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I heard of her and we got her first album from my Grandma on Christmas 2009. My mom and I loved it. Now I have all of her albums, getting some memorabilia, and going to her concert next month!
    I love Taylor Swift. I am Fearless. I spoke now. RED.

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I don't really remember at all how i became a fan, i know i was 7 and it was because my sister showed me her song Teardrops on my Guitar. And ever since i've been a fan. But when i became a swiftie was after my first Taylor concert, the Speak Now Tour on August 19th, 2011. And on the merch bag it said TaylorConnect.com so i went and made an account and thats when i became a swiftie.
    I've fallen for your eyes but they don't know me yet

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I've been a swiftie since Tim McGraw came out. Most of the swifties in My country became swifties because of love story, because that was her First big hit here. But I used to have a friend who moved to America and we mailed each other a lot. When Tim mcgraw came out she told me about It and I loved It right away. After a while I found myself listening to all the songs on her first album and that's how I became a swiftie. Even though I lost contact with that friend I can't thank her enough for telling me about Tim McGraw

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I knew about Love Story, you belong with me and picture to burn through a game called band hero. that must have been 2009 i think but it wasn't until late 2012 when I became a swiftie. I saw the promotional singles for red on iTunes and quite liked begin again, red and IKYWT (from the preview I couldn't tell how good State of grace was.) When red came out I looked on iTunes and the first song I previewed was All too well. I had to listen to the full version on YouTube and I was blown away. I bought it on iTunes.
    Gradually, I became more familiar with the other songs on red and I had 7 on my iPad before I bought the rest of the album. Now I also have about half the songs from speak now and am planning on getting her first album and fearless. I looked at some of her older music videos and couldn't believe that I had missed it all.
    That is why I am grateful for all too well because (when it comes down to it) without it I wouldn't be a swiftie.
    Sorry that was a bit long.