1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fearless is better Than Speak Now and RED

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I am and always will be a fan of Tay Swizzle but I think her past 2 releases have not been up to par with Fearless. I loved the tracks "Speak Now, and I'm still jamming to "State of Grace", "Treacherous", and "22" but they are in no way her best work. Listening to the whole "Fearless" album again, I kind of miss the Country Taylor.

What do you guys think?
500 days of Summah

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Fearless is better Than Speak Now and RED

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM

it's true .. i'm missing the old Taylor :(
    -iLove TAYLOR-

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Speak Now is my fave album of all time.

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I think RED is the best. But thats probably my opinion because i like Pop better than country. when i'm on tumblr, people are always talking about these country artists and im like...............who????

RE: Fearless is better Than Speak Now and RED

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM

on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being worst, 10 being best)
    Taylor Swift (debut cd): 6.5
    Fearless: 9.5
    Speak Now: 10
    Red: 7.5-8

I don't think red matches up to par with her other albums (except her first cd) but i quess thats just cause i prefer country and i think some of the high notes on this album sound a little autotune and all the "we's" in never ever and "troubles" after the chorus in i knew you were trouble..please no hate..just my opinon. BUT EITHER WAY I LOVE RED AND HAVN'T STOPPED LISTENING TO IT EVER SINCE IT CAME OUT.

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:00 PM

got into her thanks to fearless and also its better. nothing is gonna be as good as it but thats not a put down given its one of the best albums ever released.
    ted is my thunder buddy.

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM

My ratings are different:

Taylor Swift (debut CD): 8.5

Speak Now: 7

RED: 9.5

RED is just as good, or even better than Fearless. It's unfair to knock it down imho because it's not the same genre as Fearless was (pop vs pop/country imho) - musicality wise, RED is just as good, if not better than anything else Taylor has released. Lyrically wise, I do think Fearless and Taylor Swift are her best efforts, but that's not to say that RED and Speak Now are bad, or don't have any absolute lyrical gems on them (they do!).

I'm no fan of Red (album version) or I knew you were trouble, or Holy ground (for much the same reasons as you've indicated), but the rest of Red is da bomb! I was very worried and scared about Red pre release, but I'm absolutely delighted with it post release. I can't put the album down!!!

Dave

LoveDove wrote:
    on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being worst, 10 being best)
    Taylor Swift (debut cd): 6.5
    Speak Now: 10
    Red: 7.5-8

I don't think red matches up to par with her other albums (except her first cd) but i quess thats just cause i prefer country and i think some of the high notes on this album sound a little autotune and all the "we's" in never ever and "troubles" after the chorus in i knew you were trouble..please no hate..just my opinon. BUT EITHER WAY I LOVE RED AND HAVN'T STOPPED LISTENING TO IT EVER SINCE IT CAME OUT.

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Only a 6.5 for her debut? I absolutely love ''Taylor Swift'', and I always thought it was better than Fearless. But I've never really liked Fearless, it's my least favourite album, I don't really know why.

I guess you can't really compare the four albums to eachother except maybe Taylor Swift and Fearless, because they're all different genres and styles, and I personally think that it just really depends on someone's personal taste whether they like an album or not.

My rating would be:
    Taylor Swift - 9
    Fearless - 8
    Speak Now - 10
    Red - 9,5

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:22 AM

. . . .
    OK. Seriously Guys, Listen.
    Old Swifties- I Want the old Taylor Back :(
    New Swifties- I love the new Taylor!
    REAL Swifties- I Love Taylor no MATTER what.

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I do miss the 'old Taylor' but also love the new one. She's still the same person so whatever haha

You've taken the time to view my signature, so now you HAVE to add me!

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:36 AM

SwiftieForeverWANEGBT wrote:
    . . . .
    OK. Seriously Guys, Listen.
    Old Swifties- I Want the old Taylor Back :(
    New Swifties- I love the new Taylor!
    REAL Swifties- I Love Taylor no MATTER what.

People can still have an opinion though, you always prefer something a little bit, doesn't mean people don't still love Taylor. Like I'm sure people's opinions of Red will be completely different in a few months when it's settled. It took me ages to warm to Speak Now, but now it's one of my favourite albums ever. And every proper artist in history has different stages, and different fans like different stages more than others, this is just the same.

I think part of 'the dissapointment' that some people have with Red, isn't to do with the content so much as how much something can be built up to heights that it can't ever really reach, so it always seems dissapointing (that happens all the time with music and films for me) and when that goes away, people will kindof accept it more and like it better.

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I think Taylor was born to sing country

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I love Taylor no matter what, whatever album, whatever pop/country style (I typically don't care for either genre). Fearless was a great album; I still listen to mine! But Speak Now and Red are just as good, in my opinion. Red is just more pop-oriented than the former, and that's fine. Nostalgia is fine up to a point, but one must move along with the times!
    “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I love the old Taylor better but the only thing that never changes is change. Speak Now and Fearless might be better than Red but there is also some songs from Red are nice ex: All Too Well, I Almost Do etc. there are still some of it are country.

This is made by TaylorFanM

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Well, Fearless will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first Taylor album. And I love her more country songs but since I only startet listening to country because of Taylor and wasn´t a fan of it at all befor that, I don´t really mind her changing a little, the important word being little just because I think that at least the slow songs on Red are still pretty country-ish (maybe not as much as Mean for example but still)

But Taylor said so herself many times before she can´t make the same record twice and plus she´s growing up and that change in her life HAS to reflect in her music because she writes songs about what she´s going through in her life. Plus it´s not going to be the last record she´s ever going to make, so maybe with Red she felt like she needed to change things up a little but she might return to her old style with one of her next records.

My favourite of all the albums would be Speak Now and choosing if I like Red or Fearless better is really hard. I just think at some point you have to stop comparing every new thing to the previous ones just because they were written under other circumstances and at different moments in her life. You just have to look at her new stuff individually and see if you like it not based on what she´s done before.

Just my opinion!

I would LOVE it if you would check out my blog some time! New entries every other day!

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Taylor started really country and shes gradually turned more and more pop. I think Speak Now is the perfect mix inbetween both but her other albums are all awesome!

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I personly don't think you are right :)
    I think RED is the best by now!!

Both made my me

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM

TaylorFanDenmark wrote:
    I personly don't think you are right :)
    I think RED is the best by now!!

Both made my me

Me too. They're all tied in my opinion though. I can't choose my favorite, seriously.

-Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I think...

Taylor Swift: 9
    Fearless: 10
    Speak Now: 8.5
    Red: 8
    ]

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

i love them all as they all suit different moods, but i think when it comes down to it i love the country sound so much and it has a special space in my heart

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I love all of her albums, but if I had to put my favorites in order..

Speak Now
    RED
    Fearless
    Taylor Swift

I adore Fearless, but RED has just been so awesome. xD