Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Moment I knew

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I LOVELOVELOVE this song! It's so sad, but the lyrics are so clever, anyone else agree?
'People throw rocks at things that shine'

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Moment I knew

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM

yes!! :)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I love that song so much!!! it is just so easy to relate to it has has a good meaning!!!!!

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM

"singing happy birthday to me"

This line just breaks my heart over and over again..
    The song is perfect, really hope it´s going to be on the setlist for the tour :)
    People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine
    Taylor Swift Norway

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Yes, i love it too! i got my cd today and this is one of my favourite songs! it's just so.. i don't know, the way she wrote it and the way she uses the words in this song is so awesome and so good.. !

The Moment I Knew

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Oh, how I wish the song had been included on the standard edition of the album!
    But ANYWAY, I know there were a lot of rumours about the song being about her dad not coming to her birthday party and there's been loads of speculation about the topic. WELL, Taylor recently retweeted her own quote:
    'The Moment I Knew is about my 21st birthday party - which was the worst experience ever.'
    So, I googled 'Taylor Swift's 21st birthday party' and found some articles! Both of the articles say that both of her parents were there and most of her family...but guess who wasn't?
    Jake Gyllenhaal!
    What do you guys think? The articles say he was in LA at the time so he didn't come to the party. The plot thickens! Either way, it's a fantastic song I might buy the Deluxe edition of RED as well as the standard which I already have because The Moment I Knew has GOT to be one of my fave Taylor songs. Like, ever.
    Check out the articles below:
    http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20449526,00.html
    http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/15/taylor-swift-birthday/
    Lots of lovelovelove,
    Melissa XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2011/11/132042842_a_l.jpg

Re: The Moment I Knew

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Cool.... but in the end just rumours ...
    From now on thinking RED is something confident and brave !
    Stay FEARLESS and never forget to SPEAK NOW !
    Long Live TAYLOR SWIFT !

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

BUY IT!:)
    'People throw rocks at things that shine'

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking. They broke up in December of 2010 - the month of her 21st birthday!!

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I love this song!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Such a good song. And I mean, come on, what kind of idiot would stand Taylor up on her birthday? Jeez.

RE: The Moment I Knew

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I don't like how Jake is made out like he's the bad guy.
    They would have been going out what 2 months before her 21st? Hardly the serious stage of a relationship.
    If she called him and said I'm having a party and I really want you to be here then yah that would have been a bit mean not to show up, especially as he was in LA at the time.

But if she made it out like PLEASE PLEASE come I want you to meet all of my family and i'm gonna tell EVERYONE that you're my boyfriend XD then Jake turns up to something that doesn't seem like his scene at all and sees all the 21 balloons up and thinks WOW she's young. He is 31 now that's a 9 year age gap! It might not seem like a lot to some people but between the ages of 18 to around 25 is when you do the majority of your growing up and learning precious life experiences. It might have just been too much for him. I've seen it before when my 30 year old friend dated a 20 year old it fell apart after a few months.

The song is heartbreaking and I don't want Taylor to feel sad at all but as the poster of the topic said "the plot thickens" and it sounds like there's much more to the story than Taylor being stood up at the last minute.

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:17 AM

i love this song!
    ..................................................................................................

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:34 AM

song's amazing!
    THE BEST SIGNATURE CONTEST! CLICK HERE http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2230253

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM

StateOfSwift wrote:
    I don't like how Jake is made out like he's the bad guy.
    They would have been going out what 2 months before her 21st? Hardly the serious stage of a relationship.
    If she called him and said I'm having a party and I really want you to be here then yah that would have been a bit mean not to show up, especially as he was in LA at the time.

But if she made it out like PLEASE PLEASE come I want you to meet all of my family and i'm gonna tell EVERYONE that you're my boyfriend XD then Jake turns up to something that doesn't seem like his scene at all and sees all the 21 balloons up and thinks WOW she's young. He is 31 now that's a 9 year age gap! It might not seem like a lot to some people but between the ages of 18 to around 25 is when you do the majority of your growing up and learning precious life experiences. It might have just been too much for him. I've seen it before when my 30 year old friend dated a 20 year old it fell apart after a few months.

The song is heartbreaking and I don't want Taylor to feel sad at all but as the poster of the topic said "the plot thickens" and it sounds like there's much more to the story than Taylor being stood up at the last minute.

I know, I totally agree - I don't know Taylor or Jake, haha, so who am I to judge? I'm just desperate to know who the songs are about. I feel bad for Taylor, but the song is so incredible. It's amazing how she can take such a negative experience and make it into something positive, in this case, an excellent song, y'know? Wish it was on the non-deluxe edition of RED!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hahaa, it's probably about Jake Gyllenhaal if anything :P

But "The Moment I Knew" is one of my favourite songs by her now! It's actually so so so sooo sad, because I know how it feels to get stood up, along with MANY other girls! I want to cry when I listen to that song! Soo sad, but I'm in love with it!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM

breakmelikeapromise1306 wrote:
    Hahaa, it's probably about Jake Gyllenhaal if anything :P

But "The Moment I Knew" is one of my favourite songs by her now! It's actually so so so sooo sad, because I know how it feels to get stood up, along with MANY other girls! I want to cry when I listen to that song! Soo sad, but I'm in love with it!

I know right! Heart-breakingly wonderful! Definetely on of my faves, along with 'All Too Well' !
    Love, Melissa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM

MY FAVORITE SONG!!!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

to all the ones who defend Jake:
    I don't know if it's true but if it is she sings that he said he'd be there.... if he'd said "hey sorry won't I won't make it" or something like that that'd be more or less ok but simply not showing up is absolutely not ok

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM

The song has so much emotion, I jsut love it!

Thank you to the fabulous Bea and HoldingMyBreath for these signatures :)

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I think that birthday was really really hard for Taylor...
    From now on thinking RED is something confident and brave !
    Stay FEARLESS and never forget to SPEAK NOW !
    Long Live TAYLOR SWIFT !

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.