Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Being A Swiftie.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I have noticed that people get mad whenever someone states their opinion about Taylors new qualities. They say things like "You are not a true Swiftie!!!!!!" or "A true Swiftie supports Taylor no matter what!!!!" and that bothers me because who are you to tell other people that they are not a true fan?! You know what I mean? This place should be about love and a gathering to discuss Taylor Swift. We should be free to voice our opinions and not be judged about it. What do you guys think?
Taylor Swift
Fearless
Speak Now
RED

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Being A Swiftie.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I agree with you 100% I've gotten very hurt b/c of things like this. I have extreme difficulty with change. I wish all the judging would stop.
    I'm so tired of being called a "fake fan" because my opinions differ from others. We don't have to love every little thing Taylor does or says, That's just being a sheep. We should be ourselves, not clones. We all have different opinions, & should be able to express them, as long as we are respectful & not mean. Obviously we all support Taylor, or we wouldn't be here. But if we don't like a certain song/hairstyle/that dress she wore last thursday/etc, that doesn't make us any less of a fan, b/c those are personal opinions, & everyone's opinions are different. I just wish people would be a little more respectful of the fans on here who are different, who have difficulty with change, or just think or feel differently in general. I don't want people to try to change my opinions, or tell me what to do, or how I should feel, or make me feel guilty because I think differently. I'm a very honest person, I don't lie & say I like something when I don't. That seems wrong. I'm not changing who I am for anyone. If people don't like me, oh well, I'm used to that. But I agree, all the judging needs to stop.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM

totally agree with you. when I read some of bios (other Swifties) it's all about 1D/JB and other people that have no connection with Taylor. Isn't Taylor Connect for Taylor? To connect the things about Taylor? So mentioning Tim McGraw, Liz, Grant and other people are ok. Oh and one more thing, Stop Hate Start Love. Yosoynocare. Learnt that from someone on twitter :) PM me if you wanna know who it is :)
    red swiftie

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Couldn't agree more...
    Well mentioning other peole is ok to me but I also don't like all of red and I think everyone likes different things and songs but that doesn't mean you're not a fan....
    People can't expect anyone to like everything she does..... I mean if she killed someone would you still say everything she does is right ?
    That probably won't happen... but I hope you get my point

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM

I agree there are different kinds of Swiftie out there in the world. Not everyone is the same kind of Swiftie. Everyone is a Swiftie. Show that you are one!

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Finally, some common sense! Thank you for this thread/post. People need to chill a bit and be a bit more understanding of other people. Everyone is different. I think Taylor would be very disappointed if she saw some of the stuff that happens on the forums. Thankfully the ever working mods do a great job of cleaning things up.

Dave

MadisonMH wrote:
    I have noticed that people get mad whenever someone states their opinion about Taylors new qualities. They say things like "You are not a true Swiftie!!!!!!" or "A true Swiftie supports Taylor no matter what!!!!" and that bothers me because who are you to tell other people that they are not a true fan?! You know what I mean? This place should be about love and a gathering to discuss Taylor Swift. We should be free to voice our opinions and not be judged about it. What do you guys think?
    Taylor Swift
    Fearless
    Speak Now
    RED

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I agree. Some People who call themselves swifties don't really know what it is to be a swiftie. For instance on youtube i was saying "she sounds pretty different now but I love her lyrics! I hope in her next album she'll have some more hardcore country songs! I love her though. No matter what:) Swiftie forever!" And I was getting all these comments of people who APPARENTLY are swifties who JUST became swifties because of red! I'm sorry but that makes me mad because they were saying a real swiftie would love any song she makes and I disagree! Sure I do love all her songs but a swiftie can not like one of her songs and still be a swiftie! Maybe not a HUGE one, but still!

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I agree completely. Though I don't really mind what Taylor does with her music because it's amazing anyway I hate seeing those kind of comments like: "Old swifties love old taylor. New swifties love new taylor. True swifties love her no matter and agree she's not changed." That annoys me.

Long live all the music she made

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM

finally!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you 100% all the way!!!!!!! Everyone is different and we all have different opinions

~Me

~Me

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I totally agree!!! like sometimes i find something i didnt know about taylor and my friends are like WHAT YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT and then they say im not a true fan and i really hate that

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I agree, I find it really snobby when people start defining what a "true swiftie" should and shouldn't do. Everyone is different and there shouldn't have to be a right or wrong way to support Taylor.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Yeah, I agree.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM

i do not think people should state their bad opinions about taylor on tc, but i also don't think people should be telling people their not real

Taylor Swift, I love you to the moon and back

love love love,

Meredith

RE: Being A Swiftie.

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Yeah you right.I fully agree with you

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM

MadisonMH wrote:
    Taylor Swift
    Fearless
    Speak Now
    RED

I will stand by what u said. Like i've mentioned before, everyone is free to state their opinion and question change, no matter how negative it may be.

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Thank you for posting!! I may not like everything about Taylor and her music (who says I have to?), but if I wasn't a Swifty, I wouldn't be here. (:

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM

To me to be a swiftie is to like her music and to know who she is as a person. So having a negative opinion on change doesn't determin your swiftieness because you must REALLY like her music to be on TC (normally people don't join because they like to dance to the odd song). We all have different opinions on everything because we are human but everyone on TC has 1 thing in common: WE LOVE TAYLOR whether it's 2006 taylor or the 22 year old... it doesn't matter, we just love her.

KLC, Racheal, TLQ THANKS

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I agree...but if people have only joined to be nasty about her they should be banned!
    Hannah :-0 xx

RE: Being A Swiftie.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I completely agree with you! :)
    Thank You Daya!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I totally agree. It's not in their place to say whether we are swifties or not. after all, we are all on this website right? and we should be alllowed to state our opinions. nobody agrees on everything...
    Lalalala VIVA LA LONDON!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Countrygirl95 wrote:
    I totally agree. It's not in their place to say whether we are swifties or not. after all, we are all on this website right? and we should be alllowed to state our opinions. nobody agrees on everything...
    Lalalala VIVA LA LONDON!

^this
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.