1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mary's Song

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

How many of you love love love this song? I do! It's so cute!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Mary's Song

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

[url=http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/eseerpbcup/tumblr_m525]http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/eseerpbcup/tumblr_m525[/url][/signature]

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I didn't like it at all when I first heard it because I didn't understand what she'd written it about. I was like, "Why is this teenage girl singing lyrics like she's an old married lady?" Once I'd read who the song was about, though, it grew on me, and now it's one of my favorites off of her first album.
    Illinois Country Fan

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Mary's Song is the cutest song ever. It's my favorite song from Taylor's first album. This kind of love is what I've always dreamed about.

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Yess its a very cute song off of the First album!! :)

RE: Mary's Song

i love this song

I lovelovelove this song. And I love the hidden message "sometimes love is forever". It's so simple but yet so true. I just love this song and everything about it :)

Credit to Heather

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I love this song!!! Its so individual I guess. Its just different from the rest of her music somehow. Maybe because its such a simple song.
    Be FEARLESS, SPEAK NOW, and NEVER GROW UP

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

This song describes my life! Except mine is more like "I was 4 and you 5, i kissed you on the very first day" and we've been best friends ever since. but now im 15, he's 16 and things are starting to stir up a bit.... we never actually dated or anything like that because both our families have teased us non stop about that one kiss our ENTIRE lives. And honestly, I'm still waiting on a second kiss. I've never kissed anyone else and i found out recently that he hasn't either!!! how exciting is that?! Anyways, I'm moving 15 1/2 hours away at the end of this month I'm really hoping we might acknowledge the feelings we've had for each other before i leave. *fingers crossed* Help me out here Swifties!
    xoxo,

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM

this might be crazy to some of you, but i actually cried listening to it!!! so sad and happy and sweet all at the same time! a whole story told in like four minutes! and it's twice as good as the whole Twilight Saga will ever be!

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

My friend made my other friend a version of this song but changed the lyrics to fit her life and recorded it and everything. It was HILARIOUS to listen to but really touching for her to do. I'll have to share the lyrics if i remember them but i was something about Spanish homework and stuff.

-Graphic made by KIKI

COUNTDOWN CLOCKS

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Taylor The Swiftie13 wrote:
    This song describes my life! Except mine is more like "I was 4 and you 5, i kissed you on the very first day" and we've been best friends ever since. but now im 15, he's 16 and things are starting to stir up a bit.... we never actually dated or anything like that because both our families have teased us non stop about that one kiss our ENTIRE lives. And honestly, I'm still waiting on a second kiss. I've never kissed anyone else and i found out recently that he hasn't either!!! how exciting is that?! Anyways, I'm moving 15 1/2 hours away at the end of this month I'm really hoping we might acknowledge the feelings we've had for each other before i leave. *fingers crossed* Help me out here Swifties!
    xoxo,

Really crossing my fingers and toes!

Reminds me of one of my best friends from high school. She married her sweetheart right out of high school. I thought at the time that they were crazy, but they knew more than me. They're still together and have two wonderful boys.

Good luck that your relationship will turn out just like Mary's Song!
    Illinois Country Fan

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM

one of the greatest feel good songs ever! instantly puts me in a good mood when i hear it!
    This is the world I live in, I'll make it my own.

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

It's sooo adorable! I love it!

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I do! It's definetly one of my favotites. My favorite line is I'll be 87 you'llbe 89/I'll still look at you like the stars that shine/In the sky/Oh my my my.

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I really do love that song. When i first started listening to it alot, i just listened to the lyrics and its so sweet!
    ~marrymejuliet xoxo

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I love the line: I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried. That always makes me smile :)

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

LETS SING IT....SHE SAID " I WAS SEVEN AND YOU WERE NINE"....

credit goes to FEARLESSSWIFTIE13!!

Credit goes to LILYLILY13!

Credit

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I looked at you like the stars that shined In the sky =D
    I will Marry This Lady =)

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

marys song is probably one of the best feel good songs ever.

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Mary's Song is such a wonderful song! An awsome love story ;)