Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Don't write any more music, Taylor Swift!

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Dear Taylor Swift:

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know how much your music means to me. And to beg you please not to write any more.

It wasn't so bad at first. I got your first album because the track "Crazier" on the Hannah Montana album piqued my interest. I am not a country music fan, though, and so it was more just an experiment for me, a chance to try out a new genre. I might almost have listened to the whole album and then cheerfully gone on to something else. Only there was this one song, "Teardrops on My Guitar," that somehow totally captured my attention. I've heard hundreds of songs about lost love, but something was different about this one. The emotions in it seemed more tangible, and the heartbreak more manifest, than anything I had ever heard before. I've never personally experienced that kind of heartbreak myself, but I almost felt as if I knew what it was like -- as if the passions from your heart were channeled straight into my consciousness. I listened to it so often, it really became "the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do."

Then I got Fearless, and I could see quickly that "Teardrops" was no lucky accident. I became completely enraptured by your many songs about romantic love, each one drawing me in by the concreteness of the emotions, and each dragging me along on your roller coaster ride through the delights and frustrations of romance.

But that's not all the album is about. You wrote a song about the love between parent and child: "The Best Day," which made me cry when I heard it, because it made me realize that my own daughters will be grown up someday and gave me hope that they might remember their time with me fondly. It was months before I could even listen to it again because I was afraid of the reaction it caused.

I should have known better than to continue. I should have been careful not to get drawn in any more than I already had. But I went ahead and got Speak Now. Looking back on it now, maybe I was hoping I wouldn't like it. I've come across many artists who can put out one or two great albums, but can't carry the momentum beyond that. There was no way, I figured, that you could ever put out something that could top Fearless. Surely I was safe.

What I discovered is that your songwriting had become even crisper, more mature, more developed, even better when you wrote at 20 than when you were 16. Speak Now wasn't about high school at all anymore. It had grown-up emotions and thoughts, and was something that my 41-year old mind could relate to directly. I listened to "Enchanted," and when the band breaks out and you get to the line, "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go," it's like the heavens open up, basking me in the electric thrill of new infatuation. I listened to "Last Kiss," and it was like having a close friend who cries with you in times of sadness. I listened to "Long Live," and the love you have for your band and for your fans shines out like light chasing away the darkness.

Then there was "Mean." I didn't even realize it the first time I heard it, but I think it may be the most significant song on the album. I think I finally really understood it only when the video came out. The scene of the little girl clapping for you alone in the theater brought tears to my eyes, even though you never see the end of her story. It doesn't really matter because you give her something more significant than a resolution. What you give her is the gift of hope: the hope that all her troubles, and in turn all of ours, can be overcome someday. It is the hope we all need to continue through all our trials and bullies in our lives, and it is a potent, empowering gift to give.

And the gift of that hope, expressed in that song, is something you give to millions of your fans the Swifties every day. You can hear it in the Speak Now World Tour CD. They sing along to "Mean" more clearly than any other in the whole concert. It is their anthem. It is as if you took each one by the hand, and gently said, "You can't face your bullies by yourself? That's OK. We'll face them together. All of us." I have come to believe that there is nothing more important we can do in this life than to love and to be loved, and that is exactly what you and the Swifties do every day. You don't just sing your music, and they don't just listen to it. It is really a conduit for your mutual love for each other.

And so, Taylor Swift, I must implore you to stop. Please don't come out with another album. Please don't write any more music. I'm sure you must see why. It is hard to imagine, but I might like your next album even better than Speak Now, and I'm not sure if I will be able to handle it if I do. Because I don't think I can stand to cry any more, to smile any more, to laugh any more, and to hope and love any more, than I have already. So for my sake -- for all our sakes -- please don't continue.

Your fan,
Crazier

P.S. However ... if you are planning to put the next album out anyway, could you please hurry up? The other Swifties and I can't wait.
I am a 42-year old guy who was privileged to SPEAK NOW on SEPTEMBER 1 and 2, 2011.

If you liked this post, you might like my blog.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Don't write any more music, Taylor Swift!

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM

i'm confused

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Haha, I liked reading this :) And it's true, I have no idea how she's ever going to top Speak Now. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Avatar: Bluebell, Signature 1: Me Signature 2: tswiftlover

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Hah. Well played :).

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:28 AM

So darn true!

Graphic by imeg99 ^^

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Very nice! I'm so anxious about the next album and for it to come out!
    Swiftie forever!

Thanks FearlesslyEnchanted!

Thanks FearlesslyEnchanted!

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM

This gave me a fright when i saw the title :) haha, you got me good!
    If Taylor tops her album speak now, its gonna be an incredible, amazing, enchanting album! :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Haha no offense, but when I read the title I was like.... why are you on here.... but I enjoyed reading this :) Well written :)
    -Sarah's.a.Swifty13

^made by Songbird13, Bea
    Stay beautiful :)

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Haha I can't see how she keeps on getting better and better. It's like with every album she is redefining perfect songwriting. I won't lie when I read the title I thought you hated her
    ~

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Hahahha!!! I was really confused on the title but then i read the whole thing and understood.
    ~Wish i had concentrated~

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:50 AM

I understand what you're trying to say. HOW could Taylor make a better album than Speak Now? If it is not for her songwriting, then you must admit the music itself is really nice...

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:24 AM

You can't stop what she's started. (learned the hard way)

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:30 AM

You make some good points, but this is what she loves to do. Taylor gets to live her dream by writing music and I'm proud to say that I've supported her since her very first album! She's obviously not doing this for the money or the fame, it's what she loves, so don't try to stop her(:
    Swiftie4Life

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:34 AM

What an absolutely superb piece of writing! Very well written, Crazier!

(And yeah, I can't wait for the next album, either! :D)

Elliot's TC Music Blog

Advice for Teens

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM

bewonderstruck13 wrote:
    i'm confused

I'm sorry if I confused you. The post is kind of a joke. I don't really want her to stop writing. However, I am a little afraid for the next album (while at the same time really eager for it) because I don't know how it could possibly be better than Speak Now. Of course, I used to think that about Fearless.

I am a 42-year old guy who was privileged to SPEAK NOW on SEPTEMBER 1 and 2, 2011.

If you liked this post, you might like my blog.

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I loved reading this

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The title confused me :P

Carrie Underwood. Hunter Hayes. September 20, 2012. Reading, PA.

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Very good!

I think what will be particularly fun about the next album is that she's been mixing things up and collaborating with a lot of different people. It will be fun to see how that's helped her music evolve. She's said, though, that so far a lot of the songs on it are sad, and as you say, she's good at making us all cry!
    Illinois Country Fan

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

bayleyc0011 wrote:
    This gave me a fright when i saw the title :) haha, you got me good!
    If Taylor tops her album speak now, its gonna be an incredible, amazing, enchanting album! :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

same! I thought you were gonna start bad-mouthing taylor! heh, Guess I was wrong! Cant wait for october!
    love-love-love
    foreverandalways13

"Be fearless and always Speak Now"

im just a girl...trying to find a place in this world

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Illinois Country Fan wrote:
    Very good!

I think what will be particularly fun about the next album is that she's been mixing things up and collaborating with a lot of different people. It will be fun to see how that's helped her music evolve. She's said, though, that so far a lot of the songs on it are sad, and as you say, she's good at making us all cry!
    Illinois Country Fan

Oddly enough, sad makes me happy. In a sad sort of way.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.