Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Amazing covers of Taylor's music

Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Hey guys,

I know we all love it when Taylor covers other people's songs but what about when other people cover her songs?

This topic is for everyone to share amazing covers of Taylor's music. Found a cover you can't stop listening to? Post it up here! Recorded your own cover of one of Taylor's songs that you want to show us? Even better!

Also, be sure to mention what you love about covers of Taylor's songs, especially ones posted here. Do you like it when someone takes the song and makes it their own? Or are you more of a purist and like it kept as it was? Do you love extra harmonies? A cappella covers? Guys singing her music? Let us know!

Anyway to start us off here are a few of my favourite covers on YouTube. I personally love how they all take these songs and their voices and then make something uniquely theirs. Most of these guys have other songs by Taylor on their channels too if you want more of them. Anyway here they are:

The b-e-a-utiful Megan Nicole and her cover of Mean with Boyce Avenue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnwRD0Wh3Q

A cover of Crazier by the spectacular Christina Grimmie way back in 2009:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il6PJ7SRp20

The always amazing Megan & Liz and their take on Enchanted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfxaAKNbtEk

And finally the man who always makes it his own, Noah covering Mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8EP_C2WG0

Now it's over to you guys. Let the posting and enjoyment of covers commence!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Amazing covers of Taylor's music

Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My favorite cover:

Cover by Father Tiger, an LA band composed of Greg Delson and John Russell
    http://youtu.be/dWtYTrp4v8k

Obviously I'm more for the "make it your own" covers. Though I also consider a great vocalist using their vocal prowess to make the song their own with the same music as the original as a "make it your own". It's a pretty thin line admittedly. This cover is very far from that line in that they changed the feel of the music and gave it's meaning to a different context. In this case they use it as the soundtrack for a recut of a casper the ghost short from 1948.

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM

These covers are truly amazing!

TylerWardMusic
    I Knew You Were Trouble
    Red

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I like it when people make it their own in some way. I also like guys covering her songs 'cause that's a form of 'making it you own.'

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I feel mine are good so you can just have a look

My video of cover of the song untouchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQeTmdsdan8

ALL I CAN SAY IS A THANK YOU

Love taylor

TAYAMI

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

cool

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I love the cover Cimorelli and Megan and Liz did for I Knew You Were Trouble :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.