Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Country or Pop?

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

hmmm i think that she should do both it will keep her fame up:P and thats why she has so many fans becouse they can relate her music to there lives(:

ps: please freind me i dont bite(:

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Katy_Swift wrote:
    hmmm i think that she should do both it will keep her fame up:P and thats why she has so many fans becouse they can relate her music to there lives(:

ps: please freind me i dont bite(:

Great point! PS, I friended you. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    I was Fearless on 8.30.09!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I agree with you but to me she's more pop than country; I don't see her as a "country star" but more as a pop or crossover singer. Of course she's usually categorized as a country singer because her debut album was mostly country, but where she is now in her career she's not really country anymore. Of course, she's great in both genres.

My old account is back! My new account is CanadianSwiftFan13

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Country music is telling a story through words. Just because it doesn't have a banjo, or fiddle doesn't mean it's not country. Granted, her songs are pop, and I really don't care what genre she is in, as long as she keeps making music.

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I agree with tswiftnation13. As long as she keeps making music, I don't care what genre she is. Country, pop...who cares. She's amazing whatever genre she's in.

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I see her music as both, while some songs lean one way or the other. No matter what her songs are categorized as, I love them!
    Swiftie forever!

Thanks FearlesslyEnchanted!

Thanks FearlesslyEnchanted!

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Personally I see her as pop with the meaning of country

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I consider Taylor a pop singer now. Her debut album was definitely in the country genre, and I would also consider Fearless to be country, but Speak Now just wasn't. There's nothing wrong with her music being pop. I don't understand why some people get so upset when people say they don't consider Taylor country anymore. It's amazing music, regardless of the genre. I just think the background music and the vocals are pop instead of country now.

*made by glitterandsparklydresses

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM

She started country, and so in my mind she is still a country artist, although she has pushed the boundary pretty far in my opinion. Most of Speak Now wasn't country, I don't really consider it a country album the way I did her debut and Fearless. But I think in her heart she is still a country artist, not necessarily in sound, but in her writing style. If that makes sense. I hope she leans back towards the country aspect, because longevity is something that is much more common for country artists than it is for pop artists and I know we all want her around for years to come!

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

tswiftnation13 wrote:
    Country music is telling a story through words. Just because it doesn't have a banjo, or fiddle doesn't mean it's not country. Granted, her songs are pop, and I really don't care what genre she is in, as long as she keeps making music.

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

^This.

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM

tswiftnation13 wrote:

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

THIS EXACTLY.
    ------
    LoveLoveLove,
    -M-

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

To me, it doesn't make a difference if she's country or pop. Like tswiftnation13 said, country is telling a story in music and just because it doesn't have banjo and fiddle, doesn't mean it's not country (-:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit to Swiftlookalike for making this for me!!! (-:

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:24 PM

13TSwizzleLove wrote:
    To me, it doesn't make a difference if she's country or pop. Like tswiftnation13 said, country is telling a story in music and just because it doesn't have banjo and fiddle, doesn't mean it's not country (-:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit to Swiftlookalike for making this for me!!! (-:

When I said banjo & fiddle, I wasn't meaning that as in "if it lacks it, it's not country." I simply meant it as in that has a country sound too it. Yes, country is about the lyrics also, which Taylor succeeds at. She's simply a Country Pop star. 2 in 1.

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I always see Taylor as a country artist. The fact that she is telling a story through her song also makes it country. Her Speak Now album was maybe more pop or folk influenced, not by the lyrics, but by the sound. Some songs like The Story of Us and Better than Revenge sound more pop than country, but I still like it.

Do you think her next album will sound very different from country ? I personally think I will like it, as long as it is Taylor's genre.

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Both. Her songs are amazing.

Graphics made by Ours13.

Graphics made by Ours13.

Graphics made by Ours13.

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM

She's changed a lot since her debut in 2006. Nowadays, pop seems to be more her, y'know?
    But some of her greatest hits (such as Tim McGraw, Our Song and Mean) are the most country-sounding of all her songs.
    I dunno. I reckon she's a perfect combination of both! :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Speak Now was definitely pop. Fearless was a mix, and her self titled was more country. (her unreleaseds were even more country). If her next CD is just as poppy, she will have to determine if she is a country music artist or a pop music artist.
    _____
    Ill leave my window open, cause Im too tired tonight to call your name.
    Just now Im right here hoping, that youll come in with the rain.

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Douglas wrote:
    Speak Now was definitely pop. Fearless was a mix, and her self titled was more country. (her unreleaseds were even more country). If her next CD is just as poppy, she will have to determine if she is a country music artist or a pop music artist.
    _____
    Ill leave my window open, cause Im too tired tonight to call your name.
    Just now Im right here hoping, that youll come in with the rain.

Well said Douglas! Taylor is pretty much her own genre. She varies, which is amazing & I have no problem with!

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.