Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Easiest song on guitar?

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Our song is pretty easy :) I learned Speak Now first, it depends on whether you think plucking or strumming is easier, because Speak Now starts with plucking. When you learn the chords D, A, Em and G, there are quite a few Taylor songs you can play, like Our Song, Fearless, and You Belong With Me. :)

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Fifteen is pretty easy :) the chords are G, Cadd9, Em7 and D (sounds difficult, but it's really easy to play)

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I started to play a few days ago and I learned our song first :) I still have prblems with the strumming pattern but the chords are very easy :)

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Teardrops on my guitar is easy. It was the first song I learned. The chords used is G, Em, C & D. You also need a capo for it. Heres a link with a bunch of tabs & chords.

This one is the website in general

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

This one is for nothing but Taylor

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/taylor_swift_tabs.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    I was Fearless on 8.30.09!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I find the easiest to pick is Sparks Fly, Picture to Burn or Our song. Strumming: anything with G, D, A Em is fairly simple and lots of Taylor songs use those chords :) I jist started guitar a couple months ago and I've learned lots of Taylor songs!
    Avatar made by the switasticallytaylorificlywonderstruckinlyamazing and kind TSF! :)

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Thanks everyone for your help...so I'll learn these songs first:

Our Song
    Fearless
    YBWM
    Fifteen
    TOMG
    Sparks Fly
    Picture to Burn

Also, thanks for the links fearless4taylor! :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM

As people said: Our Song, Fifteen, Teardrops on my guitar
    But also: Fearless, Hey Stephen, The Best Day, A Place in This World, Mine, Mean and Ours.

Some of these songs require a Capo, but if you don't have one, don't worry. You can make your own Just find a pencil and two rubberbands or hair ties!

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I have two of the Taylor Swift tabbed guitar books from Hal Leonard and they make all the songs pretty easy for playing Tab =) They're quite expensive on Amazon at the moment, but if you keep an eye on them they change in price quite a lot.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taylor-Swift-Easy-Guitar-Tab/dp/1423481623/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331493228&sr=8-3

I've also been learning some of Taylor's songs in chords and Crazier is pretty easy, you can find the chords just by typing it into google.

Good luck with playing guitar! I've been playing for 7 years now, I'm still not any good, but it is SO much fun! And if I'd found Taylor's songs on my guitar earlier I'm sure I'd have practiced a lot more and I'd be a lot better by now, haha! Good luck again!

~Russia xxxxx

EDIT: PS: @L-Frizzle that is GENIUS. Definitely doing that if I ever lose my capo!

By Nadia from MNFF

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM

L-Frizzle wrote:
    As people said: Our Song, Fifteen, Teardrops on my guitar
    But also: Fearless, Hey Stephen, The Best Day, A Place in This World, Mine, Mean and Ours.

Some of these songs require a Capo, but if you don't have one, don't worry. You can make your own Just find a pencil and two rubberbands or hair ties!

Wow, thats so creative, haha! Thanks for the tip. :)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Russia Glitters wrote:
    I have two of the Taylor Swift tabbed guitar books from Hal Leonard and they make all the songs pretty easy for playing Tab =) They're quite expensive on Amazon at the moment, but if you keep an eye on them they change in price quite a lot.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taylor-Swift-Easy-Guitar-Tab/dp/1423481623/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331493228&sr=8-3

I've also been learning some of Taylor's songs in chords and Crazier is pretty easy, you can find the chords just by typing it into google.

Good luck with playing guitar! I've been playing for 7 years now, I'm still not any good, but it is SO much fun! And if I'd found Taylor's songs on my guitar earlier I'm sure I'd have practiced a lot more and I'd be a lot better by now, haha! Good luck again!

~Russia xxxxx

EDIT: PS: @L-Frizzle that is GENIUS. Definitely doing that if I ever lose my capo!

By Nadia from MNFF

Thanks, I'll add Crazier to the list!

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Well, recently I've been listening to Taylor's version of Train's Drops Of Jupiter. I know the intro and the first verse already, just by watching a video of her, live in San Jose, California.
    A lot of Taylor's songs are pretty simple, though. I'm going to check out Teardrops On My Guitar now, just to see.
    Good luck! :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM

The first one i've learned was YBWM ( needed chords: C, A, Em and G ) . And then i learned The best day( G, Em, C and D )... Which is rlly rlly simple, and nice to play. I think the third one was : Picture to burn ( G, Am, C and D ), then Our song ( C, Em G and A ), and then i learned i'd lie. I'd lie is pretty easy too. The only chords you need for that one are D, A, Em and G. then i started to learn Jump and Fall, Mean, Superman, cold as you, hey stephen, fifteen, teardrops on my guitar, a place in this world,... I am just saying, most of her songs are pretty easy to play. If you actually learn the chords : A, D, E, Em, Am, C and G, you can play a lot of songs. ;) Goodluck

- In the real world, if you have something about yourself that's different, you're lucky. It's not a curse. -

- 03/06/2011

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Most of the songs are pretty simple, learn basic chords like A,C,Em,G,D and you can play way more than you think you can, especially with a capo :)

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM

BeFearlessandSpeakNow wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your help...so I'll learn these songs first:

Our Song
    Fearless
    YBWM
    Fifteen
    TOMG
    Sparks Fly
    Picture to Burn

Also, thanks for the links fearless4taylor! :)

Your very welcome! I hope it helps!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    I was Fearless on 8.30.09!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Thanks again everyone! :) I'll learn these chords first (A, D, E, Em, Am, C and G) and I will probably learn Our Song first, since it seems to be the most popular on this thread.

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I Googled the chords for Your Face and its pretty easy.
    Chords: Em, C, G, and D!
    Camryn

GIFSoup

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Swiftie4EverAndAlways wrote:
    I Googled the chords for Your Face and its pretty easy.
    Chords: Em, C, G, and D!
    Camryn

GIFSoup

Great! :) Thanks.

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Our Song, as everyone else said, Speak Now, Enchanted, and Long Live :)

Yay! My old account is back! My new account is CanadianSwiftFan13

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

cool! I'm starting guitar lessons in a few days too! so this is really helpful :)
    free animated gifs

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Teardrops on my Guitar
    The Outside
    Tied Together With a Smile
    Stay Beautiful
    Should've Said No
    Mary's Song (Oh My My My)
    Our Song
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Made by me.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.