1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

I need help finding a camera!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:16 PM

So I'm going to be going to the Taylor Swift concert on the floor :) (section A1) and I was just wondering, what's a good digital camera that takes good pictures? My camera isn't very good and it's old and dying. What are some awesome ones that you guys have used? Show me pictures that you took with it at Taylor Concerts! Thanks :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: I need help finding a camera!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I really don't know camera brands, but all I know is my stadium won't let in professional looking cameras, I am not sure the rules for your stadium, but you probably want to play it on the safe side. However, there still are Non Professional looking cameras that take GREAT pictures! By professional looking, I mean the big black ones :)
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Yeah I don't want a professional camera. I just want a digital one that I can fit in my pocket and that takes good pictures

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I was thinking maybe a nikon?

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM

bump

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM

if your getting a camera you should just get the taylor swift one, it is really good plus it come with that limited edition book of her!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Isn't that like really expensive though?

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM

its like the same as a nikon! here it is

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM

holyground wrote:

Nikons are professional. Do you not want a professional camera?

"All you have to do to be my friend is like me, and listen..." -Taylor Swift

[/signature]

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM

mad4tennis wrote:
    if your getting a camera you should just get the taylor swift one, it is really good plus it come with that limited edition book of her!

There's a Taylor Swift camera?? Where can I get it? Is it in the store on her website?

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Enchanted21 wrote:
    holyground wrote:

Nikons are professional. Do you not want a professional camera?

"All you have to do to be my friend is like me, and listen..." -Taylor Swift

[/signature][/quote]

Well by professional I mean those big black ones. They have those in nikons but they also have digital ones that I can fit in my pocket

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM

mad4tennis wrote:
    its like the same as a nikon! here it is

Oh Ok! Thanks so much

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Yeah, I was going to say a Taylor one :)

^
    Both made by the flawless Swiftastic13!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 7:51 PM

By pro you mean the DSRL's ones, you'll be spending a lot and it is a little complicated to used them, plus i understad the dont let you enter the arena with "pro" cameras.

but if all you want is a pocket camera that will get you beautiful pictures you should start by the features you want, for example.
    good pixel range( i reccomend you about 16-and more) (this define the size and quality of the image, bigger is better)
    next you are gonna need one that shutters flash faster, and works well with you unsteady hand in the moment, so i will search for one that comes with this kind of feature)
    i'll go with a nikon, or a Lumix( panasonic) i end up taking my pink lumix panasonic to the speaknow tour and it worked perfect!

if you need anymore help just let me know:)

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Taylor is promoting the new DSLR- S I think it's called it's a smaller version of a DSLR which is a professional camera but the DSLR-S is not it's the same size as a digital camera, the only difference is it has a lot better zooming capabilities, and takes clearer pics and uploads them to facebook and stuff for you over wifi.

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Like Annys said, the venue won't let you in with any types ofcamera that looks professional, like removable lenses (SLR's) and such so if you're getting it specifically for the concert kepe that in mind, but also keep in mind your going to be using once the concert passes so don't get something that isnt a good all around camera too..

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

What they said.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I can offer you 2 suggestions. The camera I used was an Olympus XZ-1. Check my pictures from the link in my signature to see what I got with this camera. The downside is this camera is no longer made, but you might be able to get it used.
    Here is a used one from Adorama. A company I thoroughly trust.

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20523587.html

However, there is an updated camera. Its the Olympus XZ-2. I personally have never used it. And its almost $600

But I cant recommend the XZ1 enough. It is the only compact I have used that I use at concerts.
    See my Speak Now World tour photos taken over 3 nights in Melbourne, Australia.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/1783981
    or
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/1565461

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM

With the holiday season you'll probably find lots of deals on cameras. I currently own a Canon SX10 IS and Nikon Coolpix P510 so I have 2. They are bridge cameras so they are better than a small point & shoot but do not have the SLR removable lenses, I have no problem getting them into a show.

Here are a couple suggestions from someone who has had nearly every brand of digital camera in the past decade.

1. Get something no less than 14 - 16 megapixels - the quality of the photos from these will blow you away
      Get something with more than 5x Optical zoom so if you're at a bit of a distance you can make up for it
      Don't buy a cheap camera in a clamshell case
      Be ready to spend around $100 or more on the camera
      Practice often - get comfortable with your camera and know which button does what. Do you don't want to forget when she's on the stage!

Jennifer

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

This one is very nice and slim, I like it and its got a nice variety of colors to choose from.
    Review Link
    As a rule of thumb, if the camera is above 600$ then it is probably not allowed.

If we all get along we can live in a State of Grace.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I use a Canon Powershot SX10 for my concerts and I love it! Its more expensive because its a nicer camera with an amazing zoom, but it doesn't have a detachable lens so you can get away with using it at concerts, which I personally love :) Haha. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it still works amazing, so if you got it, it would last a long time! The only thing is that its bigger, so its more of an around your neck camera rather than a in your pocket camera. If you want good pictures, you should look into it though :) You can look at some of the pictures I've taken with it here and here
    I've used my friend's Nikon Coolpix before though and I would definitely suggest looking into those, it shot really well and the pictures were good :) And its something that will fit into your pocket

You can still get a Nikon/Canon and not have it be a "professional camera" (even though I really wish you could take DSLRs into concerts). Just get one without a detachable lens! And they're both super reliable brands so they will last for a long time, so look into those :)