1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

At Taylor Swift interview, a producer swiftly oversteps her bounds

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Just thought this was a good article about a producer who quickly turned into a Swift fan after one interview.

At Taylor Swift interview, a producer swiftly oversteps her bounds
By Stephanie Becker, NBC News Producer

I have to confess, until last month I wasn’t much of a Taylor Swift fan. I figured I was too old for her to be on my musical radar: The soundtrack for my generation’s romantic hopes and foibles came from the likes of Janis Ian, Joni Mitchell and Carole King. In fact, Janis Ian’s “Between the Lines” is still pretty much my “go-to” girlie album for post-relationship sorrow, although, I didn’t “learn the truth at 17,” but way past 30 (a tragically late bloomer.) Now I’ve changed my tune.

Preparing to produce this morning’s Jenna Bush Hager segment on TODAY about Taylor’s new movie, “The Lorax,” I became immersed in Taylormania: that she wrote “Tim McGraw” in math class, that her grandma was an opera singer, that her cat’s name is Meredith. I scored a 98 on a Taylor trivia test.

Mostly, though, I guess I’m just like everyone: in awe of how a 22-year-old writes so clearly about the roller coaster of romance. I may be a little late to the party, but I’m apparently not alone: My posse of gal pals of a certain age are all late bloomers when it comes to Taylor. Better late than never, right?

When Taylor arrived for the interview, impossibly tall and walking like a gazelle, I was like some tween-ager — totally overdoing the gushing. At my age, gushing is a little like seeing Danny DeVito in a Speedo: a little bit funny and a little bit icky. But Taylor was delightful and accommodating, gracious and cute.

I was shocked by her optimism: She was wearing a white dress for a day of interviews. I’d be afraid of instantly having some klutzy producer get pen smudge all over it, but with no fear, she eagerly signed a CD for our associate producer’s young cousin (that’s his story and he’s sticking to it.)

In this web only video, singer Taylor Swift, who is in the new animated movie "The Lorax" talks about how Dr.Suess is one of her artistic inspirations and how she feels about being a role model.

She does have an odd way of writing, pen between her index and middle fingers. But that’s about the weirdest thing I can say about her.

She did look at my copy of “The Lorax,” sheepishly confessing she didn’t have the Dr. Seuss classic. “You’ll really give it to me?” she asked incredulously as I practically threw my copy at her. Note to NBC Accounting: I’m putting in for a second copy.

Thanks to Kerri for the sig!!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: At Taylor Swift interview, a producer swiftly oversteps her bounds

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

This is a cool article :)

Made by Madison13

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM

i love that article! :) thanks for posting!
    ----------------------------------

credit: TheThirteenthFan/ animated by Swiftastic13
    avitar: LoveIsEndless

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I hope this starts happening more. When did it start that you have to be around the same age of a singer to listen to them? Or the same sex? I'm neither and I like Taylor and all of her songs. I'm 48 which is old enough to be her dad. I think everyone needs to stop being scared to listen to Taylor. They'll be happy they finally gave her a chance. I hope a lot of people see this article.

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM

OMG I WRITE WITH MY PEN BETWEEN MY INDEX AND MIDDLE FINGER TOO! Oh, awesome article btw :)
    100%Irish 100%Swiftie

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

How can you write like that? sounds painful. I mainly type because my handwritting looks like crap lol, anyway nice interview somewhere posted a video of it somewhere on here as well but I forgot which thread.

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

isn't that how everyone write's? mind = blown

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I don't think so. I write with my index and thumb, but like I said my writting looks like crap so..... lol

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I love this! Thank you for posting it! I've never seen anyone who writes with the pen between their index and middle fingers. But Taylor has a nice handwriting. :)

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

That's really cool :)

Give her a chance, and I suspect Taylor will convert the world :)

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Elliot Kane wrote:

All it took for Taylor to do that to me was sing Crazier in the Hannah Montana movie. People just need to listen to her and not prejudge. Stop being scared to listen to her. I don't understand why people assume she's only for teenage girls.

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM

BrianC6234 wrote:
    Elliot Kane wrote:

All it took for Taylor to do that to me was sing Crazier in the Hannah Montana movie. People just need to listen to her and not prejudge. Stop being scared to listen to her. I don't understand why people assume she's only for teenage girls.

I totally agree. More than any other artist I know of, Taylor's appeal is timeless, cutting across pretty much every demographic and appealing to people everywhere. As long as they actually listen to her.

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Elliot Kane wrote:
    BrianC6234 wrote:
    Elliot Kane wrote:

I totally agree. More than any other artist I know of, Taylor's appeal is timeless, cutting across pretty much every demographic and appealing to people everywhere. As long as they actually listen to her.

Your last sentence seems to be the big problem. I'm open minded and listen to whatever I want. If I hear something I like I'll give it a chance. But it seems like most people hear something like Taylor Swift is for teenage girls and that's it. Don't waste time listening to her. I've never seen a singer treated like this before though. I grew up listening to all kinds of singers. Even Elvis was around. I was 14 when he died. In the 80's I listened to everyone from Pat Benatar and Heart to Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen. And 100 other groups. Now it seems like I might not be allowed to listen to Pat Benatar because she's for girls. I wonder if that would happen?

RE: At Taylor Swift interview, a producer swiftly oversteps her bounds

Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Swiftalicious!
    Visit one of my graphic shops, please!!! (I have two...) Here is one, and Here is one!!!

Your beautiful! Every little piece, love!
    Don't you know, your really gonna be someone?
    by me ----- http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s432/PhotoBucketTaylorSwift/?action=view¤t=Iseesparksflywheneveryousmile.jpg
    by SwiftLookAlike ----- http://s1

Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

that's so awesome! :) Thanks for sharing! My best friend that I grew up with writes like that also! I tried it once.

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM

awesome article!!! thanks for sharing!!! :)
    ------

*Forever and always a Swiftie!*

~May the odds be ever in your favor!~

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Awesome!

Graphics made by Ours13.

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM

This is awesome! Only just read it!

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I love this!

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Too Cute!

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Awww, that's really cute :)

^ the lovely graphic above is made by Songbird13