1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 8:45 PM

I'm not one to post in the news section, but THERE'S A NEW SONG. I Don't Wanna Live Forever, which is off of the Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack. Kinda weird... like she's turning toward a darker side, right? idk though. The song sounds pretty good at least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hattie's Inner Monologue

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:20 PM

and they are off and running...yeah i saw the post on twitter cause i peeked at her twt page at random...in a way i don't think she's turning dark...i think she's playing it smart llike Tim McGraw...He has been on many duet songs w/ a variety of country singers....including Taylor Swift (Highway Dont Care). So if some new person didn't know him..but knew some of the singers that he has duet-ed with...they'll learn of him soon enough.

I mean take Taylor Swift for example...there may be new Swift fans who aren't country music fans...but they want to hear everything/every project Taylor Swift is apart of/sang on...so then they stumble across "Highway Don't Care" and hear Tim McGraw singing with Taylor Swift. They know Taylor cause they are a new Swift fan...but they maybe like....who's the guy....hes a good singer...and then they go to googlin him..and they learn a little about him. And then maybe they get into his music....thanks to Taylor Swift....

Again...i just think Taylor is playing it smart.

Don't be impressed by Money, Followers, Degrees and Titles.
    Do be impressed by Generosity, Integrity, Humility, Kindness.

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:01 PM

how is it that Twitter is blowing up over this news of Taylor releasing a new song yet....only two ppl have talked on this topic here on Taylor's forum......did I miss something???
    Don't be impressed by Money, Followers, Degrees and Titles.
    Do be impressed by Generosity, Integrity, Humility, Kindness.

RE: Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Taylor has done duets with a few people in the past, some of whom I had never heard of before. Highway Don't Care was with two people who she credits with helping her get started, Tim McGraw and Keith Urban.

And now I have to look for a song...

RE: Re: Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:54 PM

Twilightseven wrote:
    how is it that Twitter is blowing up over this news of Taylor releasing a new song yet....only two ppl have talked on this topic here on Taylor's forum......did I miss something???
    Timezones!!
    I love it. Very different style but super catchy, which is probably what she was going for. I'm interested in the writing credits.

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM

I'm just kinda sitting in front of my XBOX and wondering if the song won't be available for purchase outside the apple platform before February 10th. I'm cringing a little because I just don't have iTunes, I'm not about to grab it, all my songs are on Microsoft Groove and even Google Play and I'm not interested in a third streaming service... Ok, now I'm just debating with myself, because it's no big deal I could download apple and buy the song... but...
    What is this? I'm debating bullshit and there's new music from her so feeling stupid.
    So I should explain why I feel dumb subscribing to iTunes.
    I haven't had an Apple or a Mac computer for about two decades. They've got great technology but I have to buy at the bottom of the range mostly so I do, and that means Microsoft or Android. Lately I even bought an XBOX and that's a great way to power up a cheap laptop with extra powers except, I right now all the computing power in the world will not make this song play on a Microsoft only platform. So I'm downloading iTunes.
    Ok now I'm removing apps to make room for iTunes. First I was cheesed at trying to manage the storage but now I've got iTunes working. I the meanwhile I just thought, yea, nobody is winning, I'm not really letting apple or Microsoft or any of these companies have anything that I can't take back. It's worth it to listen to Taylor. Okay, can't sign into the Apple store yet because I think... I need some sort of iCloud for Windows... and... just downloaded all the basic Apple apps to my windows computer and, I presume, generated a horcurx. I need to restart the computer, posting.

Wendy this isn't about you it's about me.

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM

I absolutely hate anything that has to do with the 50 shades series, it makes me sick. I'm disappointed Taylor did a song for this movie but I'm still loving the track, and it makes me all the more excited for TS6.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3/11/10 10/8/11 5/25/13 5/22/15 10/17/15 10/22/16

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Floydrennie wrote:
    I'm just kinda sitting in front of my XBOX and wondering if the song won't be available for purchase outside the apple platform before February 10th. I'm cringing a little because I just don't have iTunes, I'm not about to grab it, all my songs are on Microsoft Groove and even Google Play and I'm not interested in a third streaming service... Ok, now I'm just debating with myself, because it's no big deal I could download apple and buy the song... but...
    What is this? I'm debating bullshit and there's new music from her so feeling stupid.
    I haven't had an Apple or a Mac computer for about two decades. They've got great technology but I have to buy at the bottom of the range mostly so I do, and that means Microsoft or Android. Lately I even bought an XBOX and that's a great way to power up a cheap laptop with extra powers except, I right now all the computing power in the world will not make this song play on a Microsoft only platform. So I'm downloading iTunes.
    Ok now I'm removing apps to make room for iTunes. First I was cheesed at trying to manage the storage but now I've got iTunes working. I the meanwhile I just thought, yea, nobody is winning, I'm not really letting apple or Microsoft or any of these companies have anything that I can't take back. It's worth it to listen to Taylor. Okay, can't sign into the Apple store yet because I think... I need some sort of iCloud for Windows... and... just downloaded all the basic Apple apps to my windows computer and, I presume, generated a horcurx. I need to restart the computer, posting.
    Not sure where in the world you are, but it's currently only available on the US iTunes Store I believe.

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:16 PM

I'm curious to know whether this was actually written for the movie like with Safe & Sound and Eyes Open, or a song she already had like with Crazier.

Edit: Just found out

This is the collab no-one saw coming.

“I Don’t Wanna Live Forever" is Swift's first new release as a vocalist in 2016 and the first taste of her music post-1989. And it's the first single from the Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack, which is due to drop Feb. 10 through Republic Records.

The song was written specifically for the feature film by Swift, Jack Antonoff & Sam Dew and produced by Antonoff.

RE: Re: Taylor & Zayn: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:26 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    Not sure where in the world you are, but it's currently only available on the US iTunes Store I believe.

Ahh, I'm in Canada and I could have listened to it because it is 100% available on the iTunes store for Canada, but I can't because my electronic wallet is empty on a Friday... that's what I get for wanting to have cash on hand. Oh well. They'll be sunshine tomorrow.
    Wendy this isn't about you it's about me.

1. Moderator

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Floydrennie wrote:

First of all, please don't swear on TC, it's against the rules. Secondly, these things often take a while to get uploaded anywhere after the initial release and I would imagine that if the whole soundtrack is released to other platforms, this song will be too. I'd bet you can almost definitely get it before February.

2. Moderator

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:24 AM

I like the music. Antonoff said he experimented with paper sounds. I wonder what that's all about.

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:37 AM

I'M IN SHOCK!!

I never thought in a million years that Taylor would do a song for a 50 Shades Movie! Lol! That being said, I FRIGGEN LOVE THE SONG!! Not just because it's her, but it's SO CATCHY. Her & Zayn killed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for a new Taylor song!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alana Banana

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 6:43 AM

So happy that the song was released as a surprise!! :)) The vocals are amazing !!!
    "Today a swiftie,tomorrow a swiftie,forever a swiftie..."

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:43 AM

I am personally disgusted she decided to associate herself with this appalling movie saga. I boycotted anything to do with the last movie, and I will do the same with this very song. Disappointing to see Taylor involved in it. Wonder how much they paid her, recently that seems to be all she cares about.

Arcelia

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:05 AM

Has anyone in the UK figured out a way to listen to the full song yet?

Edit: It's now on UK iTunes and number one of Hot Songs - my bad.
    Edit 2.0: It's since been added to Apple Music AFTER I already bought it. Bah.

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:15 AM

To those who aren't keen on the first movie, I would still give this song a listen. It's a relatable song sort of along the vein of Forever & Always when a relationship has broken down and you know it was wrong, but all you want to do is back things up - Taylor and Zayn have not written their own version of S&M lol.
    Favourite line: "Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life." - very poignant.

After seeing both Taylor and Zayn one after the other at the Teen Awards several years ago, it's super cool to hear them both together on the same track.

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:21 AM

I Don't Wanna Live Forever will probably be the best part of this movie.

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:38 AM

Floydrennie wrote:

I bought it from Amazon as an MP3.

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 9:13 AM

after a few deep breaths I gave the song a try.
    #1, this really feels more like a Zayn song. his voice is really annoying in the chorus.
    #2, They do not sing well together, in my opinion, I don't think it sounded that great.
    #3, even if this was NOT a 50 shades of grey attached song, I do not like the song. I think if you liked I Know Places it may be okay, but I didn't like I Know Places and I don't like this either.

Arcelia

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 9:19 AM

I got the song today and I absloutly LOVE it!!! Best song I've ever heard!