1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Taylor Swift Now: AT&T launches new streaming service

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Taylor Swift’s dominance is spreading over to AT&T. At today’s DirecTV Now unveiling, AT&T executive Brad Bentley announced a new partnership between the telecom and “Bad Blood” singer called Taylor Swift Now. As part of the partnership, AT&T customers who happen to love 1989 will get exclusive content and footage, all ready for streaming.

The new content deal is part of AT&T’s initiative focusing on original programming. Fans on AT&T will be able to watch 13 episodes featuring behind-the-scenes footage and commentary featuring Swift herself. It’s not clear when the episodes will debut, but Bentley did indicate that the episodes would launch in a few weeks.

Obviously, this is only the latest deal Swift has inked with a major tech company in recent years. The singer-songwriter already has a lucrative deal with Apple for Apple Music.
Source: The Verge

Whoever here is eligible to use AT&T, please spill the beans with those of us who aren't. I'm particularly curious to see what Taylor was doing back at Castle Gwynn after all these years! Fingers crossed it was to reenact The Chipmunks' rendition of Love Story and freak out over a TCA nomination whilst sipping on a frappucino.
And then killing a spider with a limited edition EP during the car ride home.

Unlikely, but here's to hoping.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: AT&T Taylor Swift streaming service

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:23 PM

bro

Re: Taylor Swift Now: AT&T launches new streaming service

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 6:29 AM

I have a question.... "Only on AT&T" means that 99% of all people in the world will not have access to that content ?

We found wonderland, you and I got lost in it...

RE: Re: Taylor Swift Now: AT&T launches new streaming service

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 6:52 AM

T h e L u c k y O n e wrote:
    I have a question.... "Only on AT&T" means that 99% of all people in the world will not have access to that content ?
    As AT&T is only available in the USA (to the best of my knowledge), it seems that way, but without being negative it'll all get leaked out anyway.
    It seems that this endorsement is either aimed at the adult end of Taylor's fan base, or as a means to an end to ensure that her band and other "colleagues" aren't high and dry until her next tour... which mightn't be too far off with the promise of new music on Taylor Swift Now!

RE: Taylor Swift Now: AT&T launches new streaming service

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 8:05 AM

It's a streaming service, so in theory you can watch it wherever. In practice there are often limits due to content control idiocy. Essentially this is a giant version of her Apple Music deal for the 1989 live show, with probably a larger fee to watch. At this point nobody but insiders knows how this deal will really work and what exactly they are going to be showing and when.

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Only on AT&T? What does that mean?

I don't understand it. It's gonna be streaming or whatever, but how do you actually watch it?

I have AT&T as my phone service so does that mean I can watch it?

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:23 AM

JDMaleSwiftie24 wrote:
    Only on AT&T? What does that mean?

I don't understand it. It's gonna be streaming or whatever, but how do you actually watch it?

I have AT&T as my phone service so does that mean I can watch it?

Apparently they will exempt it from your data cap and offer some sort of deal to you for the monthly subscription. At least that is what is implied. They intend the various deals to make it better and more affordable to be an AT&T customer with lots of services you are paying for, but won't turn down your money if you only want one service from them.

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 8:27 PM

This just like the deal with xfinity anyone remember that
    When life gives you lemons make lemonade

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 9:33 PM

I've read somewhere that you need to pay for streaming and I guess it's only limited when it comes to countries that can avail such. :(
    felrosewift07

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 12:21 AM

T h e L u c k y O n e wrote:

Yeah, I guess..
    felrosewift07

1. Moderator

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 5:10 AM

I'm intrigued by the clip of her performance of 22 on the Red tour!

I'm a TC Moderator. Click here to find out more.

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Clueless wrote:

I'm a TC Moderator. Click here to find out more.

I'm telling myself that it's just footage from the Red video, as I don't want to get my hopes up too much for a red tour movie I'm surprised they used the 1989 world tour live audio for this promo, but then it's coming up a year since Apple Music released the movie. They might be coming to the end of the contract
    People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye
    1Feb2014 | 23Jun2015 | 24Jun2015 | 22Oct2016

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:11 AM

I wonder if this AT&T streaming service is set up to become competition for Netflix in the U.S. Maybe they will try to boost subscriptions for it with Taylor, similar to Apple Music.
    I'm not getting my hopes up, since non-American fans will be excluded once again; at least at the beginning. And even if I was living in the U.S., getting a subscription just for a bit of Taylor content doesn't sound too appealing.

This graphic was made by the lovely Taryn!

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM

LiamC1234 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    I'm telling myself that it's just footage from the Red video, as I don't want to get my hopes up too much for a red tour movie I'm surprised they used the 1989 world tour live audio for this promo, but then it's coming up a year since Apple Music released the movie. They might be coming to the end of the contract
    I truthfully have a hunch that this will be the Red tour movie as we know one was filmed. My best guess is that something within the contract with x company fell through but the footage shot legally still belonged to them, disenabling a DVD for that tour. This would suggest why Taylor made the controversial decision to endorse with Apple Music for the 1989 World Tour DVD after the probable catastrophe from the last time around.
    Also, a clip of Everything Has Changed from the Red World Tour DVD was "leaked" onto Tumblr several months ago, and although I directly messaged the owner of the blog thanking them for posting it and asking how they found it, they never responded to me.

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM

Every live show Taylor does has both the audio and video recorded and stuck on a giant SAN and apparently kept forever. This is true at least back through RED. So with fairly minimal editing they could just run concerts on the channel. You'd not have the fancy helicopter shots etc, but you'd get at least what gets tossed up on the giant screens next to the stage.

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 2:16 AM

https://www.directv.com/person/Taylor-Swift-SWZHT1Bkd25FUGc9
    anyone got the ability to see if they're up yet or if they just posted the synopsis and stuff?

Episode 1: I Surprised My Fans

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM

I'm not sure how long the episodes are in full, but Taylor appears to be narrating whilst looking back on past events - similar to the Vevo Certified special. This episode seems like it covers everything from the 1989 Secret Sessions, to surprising fans walking down the street in her t-shirt.
    I suspect the "FedEx incident" is included, along with A Hug From Taylor Swift, and the Taylor Swift Experience surprise visits.

View segment here.

Episode 2: On A Video Shoot Part 1

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:51 PM

I'm now really sad that Taylor Swift Now is unavailable to residents outside of the USA, because this is the sort of thing I sincerely enjoy watching. Taylor talks about the first music video she ever shot and how Clayton Collins - her love interest - mistakenly had his hair cut short before filming. The Tim McGraw music video is the only one where no behind the scenes footage was posted (besides Taylor and her family watching it for the first time and giggling at the kissing bits) so I bet this is super interesting. I'm also curious to know whether or not Taylor addressed the skinny dip scene/why it was cut from the final video.
    If anyone wondered, Clayton Collins now works behind cameras for news anchors!

View segment here.

Haven't found a clip of this part yet but I'm assuming it's still part one as this was also an earlier music video, but here is Taylor visiting Castle Gwynn in Nashville where she shot the Love Story music video with Trey Fanjoy and Justin Gaston - who Taylor chose for the music video when she saw him in a movie wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with a "13" - eight years earlier. Judging by Taylor's haircut, this visit could have been as recent as this October.

Fun facts about the Love Story music video:
    - It's where Taylor found out she was nominated for a TCA.
    - The infamous Juliet dress was handmade by Scott Borchetta's wife, Sandi Spika, and the Bardot sleeves were sewn on last minute whilst Taylor was already in the dress.
    - it was heatwave weather during the day of the shoot.
    - somebody messed with the playback track by initially switching it to an Alvin & The Chipmunks remix of Love Story.

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:54 PM

If anybody else has information on these episodes please post it here. We're relying on you!

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Ok. So basically if at&t is who you use as your cable provider, you will be able to watch this under On Demand for a limited time and more content will be added over time. I'm not sure about direct TV because I do not have that.

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 9:48 PM

I LOVE this concept but I don't have DirectTV or AT&T!!

6.26.11 7.27.13 10.4.14 7.24.15