1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

No sixth album this year!

Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 1:03 AM

BBC had confirmed that there will be no 6th album at all this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37037551/taylor-swifts-new-album-isnt-coming-in-october

It may be delayed to 2017 or 2018.

Replies to This Posting

1. Moderator
      1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: No sixth album this year!

Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Disappointing but expected. I would say it's probably more likely to be next year though that we get something new.

Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:20 PM

JUST LET TAYLOR LIVE HER LIFE .

Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 4:52 AM

*crosses fingers for November album*

(I'm joking. Sort of.)

Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 2:04 PM

I am disappointed, but I think Taylor is just taking her time in creating something she believes will be a good follow-up to '1989'.

Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:29 PM

John Oliver told me never to trust the BBC, so...

Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Yes, I am sure we will hear new music when Taylor is ready to share with the world. The one thing you can guarantee is we won't get an album with a few good songs and filler tracks with Taylor. Perfection takes time.

Go to "Our 1989 Tour" section on my Taylor site below.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Why not Visit My Taylor Fan site? - http://www.taylorfansuk.co.uk

Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 7:08 PM

General question: does everyone think it's a good idea for a greatest hits album, or should she wait a few more years?

RE: Re: No sixth album this year!

Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:20 AM

erikadg wrote:
    General question: does everyone think it's a good idea for a greatest hits album, or should she wait a few more years?
    I know that a greatest hits release is part of her contract with BMR, but it still feels like a goodbye album. If she still plans on releasing more music of her own and not collaborations with other artists, I think she should wait 10+ more years/until she's decided to gracefully retire.
    Not that I have any say in it at all lol.

Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 7:12 AM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    erikadg wrote:
    I know that a greatest hits release is part of her contract with BMR, but it still feels like a goodbye album. If she still plans on releasing more music of her own and not collaborations with other artists, I think she should wait 10+ more years/until she's decided to gracefully retire.

there are many musicians with greatest hits CDs who still write and perform, so I do not think it would be entirely a goodbye. Distinctly, I feel Taylor will be one of those types of singers to perhaps have more than one greatest hits album because she will be singing and performing for as long as she can. It's just kind of in her blood.

Arcelia

Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM

She told us about this early this year... She said she was taking a break.... I thought everyone knew but I guess not. THAT'S OK THOUGH WE WILL WAIT FOR OUR QUEEN!!!

Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Not gonna lie, i teared up after seeing this topic and that BBC confirmed there will be no 6th album this fall. Thats what was so exciting about fall for me, because i loved the live webcast album announcement and nashville concerts in September. but more time focusing on herself means better things are to happen. Love you Taylor!!

RE: No sixth album this year!

Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 4:03 AM

Taylor's 1989 was the best album ever so I don't mind that she taking an extra year because that means that it will be better than ever. In contrast, I too was hopin for the next album to be released this year but life is not fair. Also Taylor might release it this year, keeping it a surprise cause miracles can happen.

Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Greatest Hits, I could could make my own Greatest Hits for Taylor. Lots of fun, but the custom CDs only has a 3 months of play-ability. I think its too soon for Taylor to make that CD yet. Maybe one more album.
    We will remember

2. Moderator

Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:57 AM

SamuelLarsenSavedMe wrote:
    RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    erikadg wrote:

there are many musicians with greatest hits CDs who still write and perform, so I do not think it would be entirely a goodbye. Distinctly, I feel Taylor will be one of those types of singers to perhaps have more than one greatest hits album because she will be singing and performing for as long as she can. It's just kind of in her blood.

Arcelia

She'll most likely release a greatest hits at the end of her contract with BMR, which still has one album left on it. It would be a natural time to do it rather than now, and would allow for her then to be done with BMR and move on if she wants to.

I also think that her greatest hits will have some original content on it anyway, whether that's in the form of new songs, unreleased songs getting an official release, or just alternate versions of her past songs.

Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 2:16 PM

I had read it a few days ago, unfortunately it's true. Scott Borchetta confirmed this, I think it was in July.

Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:19 PM

I think a Greatest Hits album is definitely a possibility. Daughtry made one with four albums which is less than Taylor's amount. I'm not sure it'll happen, but I wouldn't rule it out quite yet!

Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 5:47 AM

well we were all expecting that
    My Youtube Singing Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF-KX6hP9Y6W9H239ec-2Sg

Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 1:29 PM

I don't know if I believe this

Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 6:59 PM

demonsanddarling wrote:
    I am disappointed, but I think Taylor is just taking her time in creating something she believes will be a good follow-up to '1989'.

so sad

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM

i would rather no album than a poor album. the five released so far have been amazing and it would be a shame given that 1989 sold so good and was amazing if she released a below standard album.
    ted is my thunder buddy.