1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tips for a trip to Paris?

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Hi! So this summer we're planning to got on a trip to Paris. I'm really excited because i love this city so much and am really looking forward to see all the amazing things there. But I was wondering if one of you maybe had a tip for me. Are there any secret ,magical places it is worth going to? Thank you! :))

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Tips for a trip to Paris?

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Anyone?

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Go to Musée du Louvre (the Louvre Museum)

And see da Vinci's Mono Lisa

Its not exactly secret, but it magical ! I'm so jealous

[

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I'm so jealous!!
    Graphic Shop

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:36 AM

See the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night and go to Shakespeare&Co. book store (it's near Notre Dame)
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind...cuz I really do love you :)

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Go to the French Pharmacies! Check for Bioderma, its the best facial cleanser and toner!
    [ IMG ]http://i47.tinypic.com/24eryhk.png[/ IMG ][/ url ]

*First 2 Graphics Bea*

http://[/signature]

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Go to the Trocadero Carousel next to eiffel tower! Sooo pretty! Go to Le Louvre, that's where the Mona Lisa is, and there're some great restaurants/boutiques round there :) Go to as many of the parks as you can, they're beautiful!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Have you read Les Misérables? If I were you I'd go to all the places mentioned there just to see an historical place.

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Just walking around is beautiful....I love getting lost in cities like that...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING, SWIFTIES!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM

ive been to paris! really everything is near the effile tower, just look 4 it
    -LOVING HIM WAS RED
    (british TAYSWIFT fan)

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Tswizzlemdiamonds8 wrote:
    Go to the Trocadero Carousel next to eiffel tower! Sooo pretty! Go to Le Louvre, that's where the Mona Lisa is, and there're some great restaurants/boutiques round there :) Go to as many of the parks as you can, they're beautiful!

Oh, yes! Is that the carousel where Taylor was and made the amazing picture? It's really pretty!

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Anywhere you go in Paris there will be something amazing to look at.

I would go up the eiffel tower during the day for the amazing view in daylight and then go up the arc de triomphe in the evening because it has an amazing view of the eiffel tower all lit up.

The louvre is amazing but it's very very busy and is better suited for a day when the weather isn't the best because you will be underground for hours.

Notre Dame is so beautiful to see, would definitely say to go there.

If you have ipod/iphone/ipad there is loads of apps that tell you great places to go and things to do.

Also a lot of the attractions/musuems are free for under 25s, just a useful tip. Means lots of inexpensive days so more can be spent on the amazing food!!! :)

My Graphic Shop

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I went to Paris last summer!

Here are some tips:

-eat in outdoor cafes, on the sidewalk, and watch the people go by. Its so much fun and very magical. I felt so "French"

-see the Eiffel Tower at night. If you're going to go to the top (which I seriously reccommend), the best time is at night. It's much more enchanting. If you can time it right, get to the top on the hour, like 9, 10, or 11. It sparkles at those times. I was up there 5 minutes before 10 and when it sparkled it took my breath away.

-for a daytime view, climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. So you'll get the best of both day and night views!

-Sacre Coeur is a white basilica on the outskirts of Paris, and on a huge hill. If you get there at dusk, sit on the steps and watch the lights come on in the city. Its worth it.

-Take the metro! Super fun.

-Walk all the way down the Champs Elysses, from the Arc de Triomphe to the Palais de la Concorde. Its a lot of fun, you see so much!!

-try escargots!!! Those are snails...I was doubtful, but I tried them and they were pretty good. The ones cooked in garlic and butter are the best.

-See if you can pick out areas from Taylor's Begin Again music video!!!! The Ile de la cite was a major spot in the video that I had actually been to!!

-If it isn't high on your list, skip the Louvre. Most people go just to see the Mona Lisa, and I thought it wasn't that impressive. There were tons of people, and I really couldn't get close to the painting. Other art in the museam is fantasic (the statue Winged Victory is my favorite), but its super crowded almost any time you go. INSTEAD, go the Musee d'Orsay. It's in an old train station and the building is beautiful. It holds a lot of impressionist art like Monet, and definitely the museum to go to!

-Go bike riding along the Seine!!!! My sister did it and said it was the best part of her trip.

-If you can, go for a river cruise on the Seine. Its definitely magical.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM

You must go to Notre Dame! It's sort of magical to me.. LOL!

Issy.tswiftie18.

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM

hey !
    I'm French !!
    I don't live in Paris but it a very beautiful town !!
    Be careful in the Louvre !! there are a lot of people !! it's maybe impossible to see Mona Lisa ...
    there are Le Sacré Coeur to see too, the eiffel tower, Les Champs Elisées : it's a very famous street where there are a lot of expensives shops....
    Drom: the Misérables is horrible to read! really ! I think there are more of 600 pages, it's with 5 tomes... but there are person who loves Les Misérables...
    You can see Paris with Google maps and walk in streets thank to webcam
    charlotte=D

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    I went to Paris last summer!

Here are some tips:

-eat in outdoor cafes, on the sidewalk, and watch the people go by. Its so much fun and very magical. I felt so "French"

-see the Eiffel Tower at night. If you're going to go to the top (which I seriously reccommend), the best time is at night. It's much more enchanting. If you can time it right, get to the top on the hour, like 9, 10, or 11. It sparkles at those times. I was up there 5 minutes before 10 and when it sparkled it took my breath away.

-for a daytime view, climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. So you'll get the best of both day and night views!

-Sacre Coeur is a white basilica on the outskirts of Paris, and on a huge hill. If you get there at dusk, sit on the steps and watch the lights come on in the city. Its worth it.

-Take the metro! Super fun.

-Walk all the way down the Champs Elysses, from the Arc de Triomphe to the Palais de la Concorde. Its a lot of fun, you see so much!!

-try escargots!!! Those are snails...I was doubtful, but I tried them and they were pretty good. The ones cooked in garlic and butter are the best.

-See if you can pick out areas from Taylor's Begin Again music video!!!! The Ile de la cite was a major spot in the video that I had actually been to!!

-If it isn't high on your list, skip the Louvre. Most people go just to see the Mona Lisa, and I thought it wasn't that impressive. There were tons of people, and I really couldn't get close to the painting. Other art in the museam is fantasic (the statue Winged Victory is my favorite), but its super crowded almost any time you go. INSTEAD, go the Musee d'Orsay. It's in an old train station and the building is beautiful. It holds a lot of impressionist art like Monet, and definitely the museum to go to!

-Go bike riding along the Seine!!!! My sister did it and said it was the best part of her trip.

-If you can, go for a river cruise on the Seine. Its definitely magical.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Wow, thank you! That's a lot! I'll definitely try to follow your tips! But I'm not sure, if i will really eat les escargots.. :D

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

taylor13forever wrote:
    See the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night and go to Shakespeare&Co. book store (it's near Notre Dame)
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind...cuz I really do love you :)

Okay, i'll look for it! Thank you. :)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Does anybody of you know where the Café of Begin Again is? I would like to go there if it is in Paris!

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Look into getting a Metro pass. Most cities have them, so then you pay a one-time fee and just have to carry the pass around with you. It can save you a lot of money and hassle if you'll be using public transportation. Most will also include the city buses, as well.

I try to get those when I'm in any large city (in the States and not) without a car and will be doing any sort of traveling for a even only a day. It's fun to hop on a bus and ride until you see something you want to get off to look at.

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM

definitely climb the arc de triomphe during the day. The view is incredible. I went last February. if you see any crepe stands on the street, get one. They are so good. Go to the Luxembourg Gardens! Totally worth it!
    I Spoke Now on July 20th, 2011 and my world will turn RED on March 28th, 2013