Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

song writing contest!! (first timers)

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hey swifties!
i KNOW there are A LOT!!!!! of songwriting contest on TC! but this ones different!
ok this songwriting contest is for people who like to write songs but aren't to sure if they can enter a contest where the people are really good!!!!!!! so this is basically a thread for first time songwriters not necessarily advanced song writers :)
so there will be rounds and please let me know if you would like to be in one :)
there are three awards
the Taylor swift songwriting award
the fearless songwriting award
the speak now songwriting award
i would love for you all to try it out

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: song writing contest!! (first timers)

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Round 1 will be starting so please say if your in :D

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:51 AM

i really want to enter...i am a kind a new songwriter....so can i post the song of mine?
    taylor is the best thing that's ever been mine.....

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM

here is my song..

A year of realization

i was so shocked
    the day we broke up
    nothin seemed to be right
    that very big fight
    it felt no right
    i cried out the behavior you made
    down the stairs,down my porch
    in the way i have never seen you before
    life turned out to be hell
    i still remember you walk out of my door
    oh...that very big fight and slammin' of the doors
    it took us a year to realize,it took us a year to realize what we did

a day passed, a month passed
    still lying on the floor
    crying the words you spoke to me
    the eyes felt with tears, slipperin down my cheeks,
    going back to the life we spend together
    the pictures the photos we made
    i cant ever think, they would shatter like this on the floor
    i still remember you walk out my door,
    oh....that very big fight and the slammin' of the doors
    it took us a year to realize, it took us a year to realize what we did....

oh... now i m here to say,
    its over and it end
    i whipped my eyes and face
    just say myself it ends
    oh...i love you i wanna go back
    but i just cant
    please come back, oh..please come back
    i know its not possible for any power on this earth
    to bring us back together
    oh..i took a year to realize, i took a year to raalize what e did
    now i am lying on the floor with the pictures and photos we made...

taylor is the best thing that's ever been mine.....

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I really want to write a song because i play guitar too. im not very good but here is the start of one i once wrote:
    I remember you were lookin fine
    I said why wont you just be mine
    Looking into your eyes
    And looking at your smile

I remember we just dance around
    Singing out songs, really loud
    And the neighbours
    Would be complaining

And you would say
    We are together and that’s alright
    We can stay up and dance all night
    Singing with pride
    Side by side

You would smile and I would see
    Just how much you mean to me

Thx for reading! :) xx

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:00 AM

could u send me a message to say if u like it or not? thx!
    Thx for reading! :) xx

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I would live to enter the contest
    I have some original songs up on my website
    www.torihathaway.com
    Tori
    Why wait for it to happen when you can write the song now

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

oh wow guys!!! they're really good
    i might even do and extra prize "best line" from a song

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 2:11 AM

ok i have made a decision and the Taylor swift songwriting award goes to: TaylorSwiftGuitar
    the fearless award goes to : Tori Hathaway
    and the Speak now award goes to : Asmita
    and the best line was : 'I know its not possible for any power on earth to bring us back together"
    thank you for entering Round 1 :)

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM

ok here's Taylorswiftguitar's award

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

here is Tori's

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Asmita (fixed)

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Ok round 1 closed!!!!!!!!! :D

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

ASmita

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

sorry ASMITA

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:58 AM

ROUND 2 is starting anyone can join

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:01 AM

"Again,you?"

{Verse 1}
    A simple friday night,
    again here lying.I don't
    need you tonight.But
    something's going wrong
    I open the door....

{Chorus}
    Again,you?With your bright
    side, your sweet smile,your
    good lies,you!Again here at
    my feet forever the same thing,
    and I said "Again,you?"

{Verse 2}
    Wasted time,pictures
    to burn I don't want
    to live again these
    moments when you
    were saying
    "Together Forever"

{Chorus}
    and I said "Again,you?"

{Verse 3}
    Whoah!Where is she?And
    why did you return back
    back to me?I can't play
    your stupid game again,
    go away,go away...

{Chorus}
    and I said "Again,you?"

And I said "Again,you?"

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Can I join??? :))))
    pauline_13th

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:19 AM

IMPOSSIBLE :)

How many times do I have to cross my fingers
    So that everything I want will happen
    Do I have to toss coin on a well
    So that I can be like you

You're such a flawless queen
    The kind of girl I dream to be
    And I don't know how can I
    But all I know is that

You are, You are, You, are
    the reason for I sing even on storm
    You are, You are, You are
    my favorite inspiration

While I was fifteen
    You thought me how to be fearless
    So I should speak now
    And now I love red

You've got an angel voice
    Your music takes me to good place
    And I love singing quietly
    then dancing awkwardly

You are, You are, You, are
    the reason why I stand still
    You are, You are, You are
    everything to me like Swifties

I miss your blonde curly hair
    When you tweets got insane
    Your rap was the coolest
    Even if fairytales are impossible

Wanna dance in the rain
    let's ride in your pegicorn
    Come on, baby we will fly
    Till we reach your place

pauline_13th

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:29 AM

This is my first song: (Sorry if there'e any mistakes in the text..)

Baby, you’re standing there looking so beautiful
    And I can’t help it but falling in love with you

Cause you’re all I’ve ever dreamed about
    You’re the funniest thing in earth
    And you’re thoughtful, and you’re kind and sweet
    And I love your personality

Don’t know how to become someone you remember
    But I know that you never really knew me

But I’m all you’ve ever dreamed about
    I’m the funniste thing on earth
    And I’m thoughtful, and I’m kind and sweet
    And I know we’re supposed to be

Oh, I wish that

We could walk down the beach
    And you would be right beside me
    But how can I tell you?
    I’ll just write you a song

Now I’m sitting here feeling so miserable
    Please come over here and say something magical

That is all I’ve ever dreamed about
    You’re the funniest thing on earth
    Know I’m thoughtful; know you’re kind and sweet.
    And I know this isn’t reality.

I just wish that:

But how can I tell you?

Now I’m sitting here with tears streaming down my face
    ‘Cause I know there’ll never be a “we” in our case

I still wish that:
    But how can I tell you?

We could dance in the pouring rain
    But how can I tell you?

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:52 AM

can I put in a half co-written song?? the problem is, I and ASMITA had started co-writing a song and had proceeded to 2 verses and two choruses ! but then ASMITA has not been coming online for quite some time now and we couldn't proceed !! then I decided to complete the third verse and chorus by myself ! I can give another song but I actually like this song a lot !! so , I'm giving this but if it is not accepted , I'll understand!!! atleast you can read it and tell me how it is or how to improve it!!

Yesterday Once Again

I remember how we came upon each other
    That night as I went crying down the road all alone
    Its been magical since I met you
    But still remembered the past I did
    And you held me from breaking up
    I once again trusted in someone
    Cause you came like an angel from the sky
    Never had I guessed that once again
    I'd be walking alone in the rain!

Holding hands with someone
    Thinking bout him
    I see my yesterday once again

After him I had thought you
    Were the Prince Charming I'd always wanted
    The prince of whom I'd always dreamed
    But once more you proved
    No angels descend for you
    Life is cruel and deceiving
    And that perfect love stories are never true
    And so I was scared to tell you
    What I always wanted to

How much I loved you
    How I wished you did too
    Cause I wanted back my yesterday once again

Now I sit here by the window
    Flipping through memories I can never let go
    Holding onto the past
    Even though it hurts
    Wanting back every moment
    Every moment that keeps coming back
    Though I know things are never gonna be right
    And I remember the last fight
    I keep hoping and crying in vain

But I see fate did grant my wish
    Cause you infact did
    Bring back my yesterday once again

In the last chorus , the girl is talking bout how the boy brought back the lonliness after her first break up!!
    Be yourself cause " Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.