Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Taylor on Love, Fame, Bad Boys, and Living in the Public Eye

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM

“I have so much to learn about life,” 22-year-old superstar Taylor Swifttells Sunday’s issue of PARADE. “I know nothing compared to what I’m going to know someday.”

The onetime outsider—a songwriting savant bullied by mean girls in junior high and overlooked by the guys she crushed on— has evolved into the ultimate insider, an entertainer Forbes ranked as the highest-paid celeb under 30 this year, with earnings of $57 million. Her fourth album,Red, is a blockbuster that moved more than 1 million copies its first week. She has A-list BFFs, a couple of hit movies, and a growing list of high-profile ex-boyfriends (including Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal,John Mayer, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s 18-year-old son, Conor). So why can’t Swift shake the fear that she’ll somehow mess it all up? “I’m scared of this whole thing backfiring,” she admits. “Or chewing me up and spitting me out, and all of a sudden, I don’t love it anymore.”

Here are some highlights from the interview. Check out the full interview with Taylor Swift in this weekend’s issue of PARADE.

Despite writing about it so prolifically, Swift claims not to know much about love.
I tend to think things are love and then look back and reevaluate. How many times has she been in love? I know how many people I’ve said ‘I love you’ to. I could probably count it up, but I don’t feel like it. Part of me feels you can’t say you were truly in love if it didn’t last. If I end up getting married and having kids, that’s when I’ll know it’s real—because it lasted.
Swift on the bad boys she often seems drawn to.
There’s a really interesting charisma involved. They usually have a lot to say, and even if they don’t, they know how to look at you to say it all. I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore.

Swift is the first to admit that her romances tend to develop—and end—rather swiftly.
I don’t think there’s an option for me to fall in love slowly, or at medium speed. I either do or I don’t. I don’t think it through, really, which is a good thing and a bad thing. You don’t look before you leap, which is like, ‘Yay, this is awesome! Let’s not think twice!’ And then you’re like, ‘We used to be flying. Now we’re falling. What’s happening?

On the difficulty of living in the public eye.
I don’t know necessarily how much privacy I’m entitled to, but I know I don’t get much of it. At the same time, I asked for this. I could be playing in a coffee house. I’d be happy doing that, [but] not as happy, probably. Knowing that people are going to hear the music I make is the most amazing feeling. Knowing that there are dudes waiting outside my house with cameras, hiding in the bushes, is a less awesome feeling.
Taylor Swift on Her Go-To Friends, Culinary Specialties, and More

On the people she calls when anything important happens.
My mom. And then my friend Ashley and my friend Claire and my friend Emma [Stone] and my friend Abigail and my friend Selena [Gomez]. It’s like six calls as soon as something happens. They’ve had different experiences, so they give different advice. And I kind of pick the [advice] I want. [laughs]

On making friends at the height of her fame.
I make new friends all the time! I don’t think twice about it. If you’re trying to filter out the people who, God forbid, know who you are or have heard your music before—I don’t see that as a reason to be weirded out and not be friends with someone.

On what she’s learned about relationships from viewing her parents.
My parents have always had such an amazing partnership and friendship. They’re always been able to figure out a project together and balance each other out really well. Their being devoted parents has taught me the most about who I want to be as a parent someday. Mom and Dad were always about whatever [my brother] Austin and I were doing.

On looking forward to the holidays.
I really love the holiday season because I grew up on a Christmas tree farm, and it just reminds me of home and the coziness of it all. I love when it gets cold and you start wearing sweaters and coats and scarves, and you start baking things with cinnamon and nutmeg in them. To me those are the smells of Christmas.

On one of her culinary specialties.
I make raspberry jam. When I was younger we had a grape arbor, and my mom would go out and pick grapes and make grape jam in the sink—boil it, put it in jars, and give it away as gifts. So I started making raspberry jam, and it is so good. You can put it on anything; you can dip pretzels into it. I don’t mean to brag, but it’s so good you could just eat it with a spoon.

On collaborating with other musical artists on Red.
Making a musically diverse album was something I really wanted to do this time around, and I wanted to do that by pushing myself. My comfort zone had become writing songs alone and working with the same producer I’d always worked with, and although those things were really working and I’m so proud of the last album I did, I knew that you cannot do the same thing over and over again. So I felt like, okay, there are these songwriters and producers I’ve admired from afar and been influenced by, but I’ve never had the courage to sit in a room and make music with them. Walking into a studio with Max Martin or Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol or Ed Sheeran—it was such an exciting rush.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Taylor on Love, Fame, Bad Boys, and Living in the Public Eye

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hahahaha, loved what she said bout the jam :) x
    I would be Enchanted if you friended me :)

Thanks to Calizzle4 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hahaha, I love this. Thanks for sharing!

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I just love her.

Credit to iwasascarletletter for making my signature!

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Thanks for posting

Swiftie Forever!!

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM

she is my role model she made me who i am today and unlike some stars she isnt self centered or anything she is awsome!!
    -harrytaylor

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Great interview she seems very well spoken
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Thanks for posting! Haha, Taylor got a chuckle out of me when she was talking about the jam
    'Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind'
    'I love you like sparkles and having the last word. And that's real love'

'Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right'

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Thank you for posting this!
    Fearless Tour: 5.15.10 Speak Now Tour: 7.19.11

RE: Taylor on Love, Fame, Bad Boys, and Living in the Public Eye

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

That was a really good article, well preview of an article. I like how Taylor still mentions Abigail in there as well as her celebrity friends. I really like their friendship.
    Thank you for posting this!! :)

"Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met."

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Part of me feels you can’t say you were truly in love if it didn’t last. If I end up getting married and having kids, that’s when I’ll know it’s real—because it lasted.

This was my favorite part of the interview.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I want Taylor's raspberry jam

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I'll have to pick up a paper this Sunday.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I can't imagine how hard/annoying it would be to constantly be harassed by paps, she handles the whole situation a lot better than I ever would. Seriously, I don't know ANYONE more graceful and sensible than Taylor!

Taylor Talk On Itunes : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/taylor-talk-a-taylor-swift/id477534265
    Officially Unofficial. :)

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I can't imagine how hard/annoying it would be to constantly be harassed by paps, she handles the whole situation a lot better than I ever would. Seriously, I don't know ANYONE more graceful and sensible than Taylor!

Taylor Talk On Itunes : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/taylor-talk-a-taylor-swift/id477534265
    Officially Unofficial. :)

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

nice interview

[url=http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/annakristina101/Decorated%20images/speaknow-3]http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/annakristina101/Decorated%20images/speaknow-3[/url][/signature]

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

@breakmelikeapromise
    you forgot one....

Taylor Swift on Her Go-To Friends, Culinary Specialties, and More

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for posting!
    'Fearless' is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Thanks for posting!
    Are you ready for "RED" on October 22nd?

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM

She is amazing. SOOOO AMAZING!!!!!! thanks SOOOO much for posting!

Love,

taylorl

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Love it! Thanks for posting.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.