Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Definition of Taylor News

Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 4:38 PM

because it refers to her personal life... i know, it's confusing, since her songs all deal with her "personal life" yet those are ok to talk about...one of the many contradictions here...
    Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    because it refers to her personal life... i know, it's confusing, since her songs all deal with her "personal life" yet those are ok to talk about...one of the many contradictions here...

So we can't post anything about Taylor's friends and family, her cats, her likes/dislikes, or anything considered her "personal life"? :( That's a form of censorship, right? Or am I just being unreasonable?

Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 8:23 AM

asiel77valencia wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:

So we can't post anything about Taylor's friends and family, her cats, her likes/dislikes, or anything considered her "personal life"? :( That's a form of censorship, right? Or am I just being unreasonable?

Honestly, it's a point I brought up (about the "personal life" and her songs, anyway) when I first joined almost three years ago. It's always seemed contradictory to me, but yet no one "official" has actually tried that i've seen to straighten it out or clear things up or even explain the differences...So you're probably as much in the dark about it as i am at this point
    Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Haunted_One54 wrote:

I'd say it depends on the source and the content. Obviously if it's an article about the best way to break into her house it's going to be removed but with things like relationships if it's not a quote from Taylor herself it's probably going to be removed, especially if it came from a gossip outlet as opposed to a respectable publication such as Rolling Stone or the New York Times.
    The same goes for everything else I suppose, if it's an aspect of her personal life that Taylor is happy to share (eg Instagram photos, tweets), feel free to put it up. Those are the rules I go by.

24/11/2009 | 29/03/2011 | 02/02/2014 | 04/02/2014 | 07/02/2014 | 19/06/2015 | 20/06/2015 | 21/06/2015 | 23/06/2015 | 24/06/2015

Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:

I'd say it depends on the source and the content. Obviously if it's an article about the best way to break into her house it's going to be removed but with things like relationships if it's not a quote from Taylor herself it's probably going to be removed, especially if it came from a gossip outlet as opposed to a respectable publication such as Rolling Stone or the New York Times.
    The same goes for everything else I suppose, if it's an aspect of her personal life that Taylor is happy to share (eg Instagram photos, tweets), feel free to put it up. Those are the rules I go by.

24/11/2009 | 29/03/2011 | 02/02/2014 | 04/02/2014 | 07/02/2014 | 19/06/2015 | 20/06/2015 | 21/06/2015 | 23/06/2015 | 24/06/2015

I would consider The Huffington Post a respectable publication, but I guess the mods have their reasons. I honestly thought it was a harmless little article on how Ed Sheeran was playing "matchmaker" again. Oh, well. It's in the past now...

RE: Re: Definition of Taylor News

Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 3:14 PM

asiel77valencia wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:

I am sure cat talk is permitted (until Meredith and Olivia start dating then that would be off limits). :-) But there is a post called "Taylor's Personal Life" which states "... discussion about Taylor's personal life (dating, parents, house, etc) is not permitted on TC. Please do not post articles or photos relating to this. Thank you!!"

So I think it should be pretty clear what you can and can't discuss on here. As for being "a form of censorship" as you said, remember that this is Taylor's official site and they have a right to remove any posts they want. You can read the "Terms & Conditions" here...

http://taylorswift.com/taylor-terms-conditions/

Specifically...

"We cannot be responsible for maintaining Your Content, and we may remove Your Content from the Sites at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice to you."

RE: Definition of Taylor News

Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:22 AM

There should be a group or thread to call out improper or unauthorized use of Taylor Swift. Such as:
    http://www.speaker.gov/general/12-taylor-swift-reactions-president-obamas-free-college-idea

At least I hope this is unauthorized...

Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Never get enough of Taylor news!:)

Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Thanks for the info! This should help new members like me when posting :)

Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:54 AM

cool!

Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Thank you
    :)

Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 8:29 PM

It seems that Wildest Dreams had been so viral now on the internet and everybody is talking about it but how come it is not included on the billboard chart. Why? Swifties please help me promote Taylor`s newest single to top the chart because it deserve to be there. I want justice but I don't know how to vote for the song. I don't want to be disrespectful with other artist but Taylor deserve to be written at the top of the chart. Not only for the fact that she`s famous but she really is authentic. I know its an opinion but it deserve to be heard and to be recognized. People please act, I don't want to know that all of Taylor`s effort would be in vain creating this mind-blowing video and music. This is what I hate about this unfair world, they are not paying attention to what really matters to people.
    Chris John Ombiga

RE: Definition of Taylor News

Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Taylor is constantly in the news! (which is AMAZING) - Here is a recent article in which Taylor's lyrics are used to describe a typical college experience (complete with GIFs)

College, As Told By Taylor Swift's "1989"

Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Roger that.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:23 PM

I am a teacher at East Middle School in Grand Junction Colorado. A student here Delaney Clements, has had childhood cancer since she was very young. She has had an incredibly long fight against it. In our school, community and around the nation she has become the voice for childhood cancer. She has many professional commercials online and around the nation on the T.V. She has been a very brave and positive role model throughout this incredible endeavor. Recently, Delaney got the news that her cancer had spread to her brain. She is in Denver getting the last ditch radiation therapy to reduce the size of her tumors and make her more comfortable. At the school we are trying to reach Taylor. One of Delaney’s last requests is to meet her. Please if you see this would you share until this message reaches Taylor. Thank you, Jennifer Weber.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsN-R0w2LwU
    https://www.facebook.com/Delaney-Meet-Taylor-1038103792907557/?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/delaney.clements.7?fref=ts

Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Hello Taylor Swift,

This is Samuel Wie. I have been the one who has been contacting you via dreams and visions. I am waiting at the Saga Motor Hotel in Pasadena, CA at 1633 E. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106 by the pool.

Please come visit me now.

If you truly want the answers to all of the questions you have had all your life - I will provide them for you if you come to me now.

If you truly want genuine happiness - authentic peace-of-mind - and unlimited energy forever - come to me.

This is the one and only time I will ever contact you.

If you refuse this request - I will disappear from the face of this planet never to be seen from nor heard from again.

This offer ends at 12am on January 29, 2016 Pacific Time.

I look forward to meeting with you, Taylor.

Sincerely,
    Samuel Wie

Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:12 AM

Hey Taylor!

How are you?

Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:17 AM

dont get it, but sure!
    LULU 0512

Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Thanks
    Swiftie?