Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

AUSSIES AWED AT ADELAIDE

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Last updated: March 06, 2012

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/lots-to-speak-now-about-taylor-swift/story-e6freeuu-1226288880370

Weather: Adelaide 14°C - 25°C . Mostly sunny.
Lots to speak now about Taylor Swift

Entertainment Editor Jessica Leo
March 05, 2012 12:54AM
19 comments

THE screams of Taylor Swift's fans rivalled the roar of the weekend's V8s when the 22 year-old US singer took to the Adelaide Entertainment Centre stage.

Playing to a capacity crowd - heavily skewed to female and pre-teen - Swift showed no signs of weariness as she took to the stage for the 100th time in her Speak Now world tour.

Opening the show in a gold fringed dress, Swift performed on a fairytale-set stage, kicking off the show with Sparks Fly. And that they did for the entire show with fireworks, a gaggle of dancers and even an aerial performance complementing Swift's vocals throughout the two-hour show.

A tap dancer, and even a ballerina later in the show, filled gaps for the blonde-haired singer's myriad costume changes which ran the gamut from a red sequined dress to a blue ball gown and totalled well over seven alterations.

Having toured the show extensively overseas, Swift's second Australian date on the tour rolled on like a well-oiled machine with every spoken interaction with the audience serving as a segue into the next song.

In the second half of the show, Swift delighted the crowd by heading to the back of the arena to perform three songs, starting off with Fearless, sitting under s tree on a small revolving stage and playing ukulele.

Genuinely loving being on the stage, Swift was at her best when not acting her songs - which has become such an ingrained part of her act - and just letting her vocal chords wow the crowd.

Nonetheless the bulk of her fans certainly got their money's worth with seasoned performer Swift cramming plenty of sentiment and singing into her time on stage.

Comments on this story

Marcus Marcus Posted at 12:52 AM March 05, 2012

Amazing concert!!!

Comment 1 of 19
Cameron McBride of Unley Posted at 1:18 AM March 05, 2012

Having been to see Taylor twice now with my daughter and niece, I have to say that this was more theatre show than pop concert. Taylor is at her best when she lets her music speak for itself. I felt that all the theatrics and over-acting in a few of the songs was unnecessary. Was still a decent show and worth it to see the ecstasy on so many young faces if nothing else, but for mine, the Fearless tour was more authentic and a better representation of Taylor and her music than the lavish Speak Now theatrics.

Comment 2 of 19
Rae Esea Posted at 1:32 AM March 05, 2012

A great artist does not "act" their songs..they live them..because she wrote them for a reason. I just love none musician critics. She's a Nashville act. When she sings Dear John, she feels every word. But you'd have to be a singer/songwriter to get that and she's a top shelf brand of that very thing.

Comment 3 of 19
Maureen of Outback Posted at 8:16 AM March 05, 2012

Only the elite artists perform in Adelaide.

Comment 4 of 19
Ben of Pt Elliot Posted at 8:42 AM March 05, 2012

It was awesome, her last show was amazing but this one was absolutley brilliant!

Comment 5 of 19
Dave of Brisbane Posted at 9:01 AM March 05, 2012

Just remember that Taylor is a big fan of theatre, and when she was younger, she was in a few plays. It has a big influence on the way that she wants her concerts to look and feel imho.

Comment 6 of 19
Goodonya Posted at 10:11 AM March 05, 2012

Wow what a role model for young girls.....

Comment 7 of 19
stacy Posted at 10:44 AM March 05, 2012

one of the BEST concerts!!!

Comment 8 of 19
Dave of Adelaide Posted at 10:45 AM March 05, 2012

So a sugar sweet pop concert gets coverage but no where on this site is there mention of the awesome Soundwave festival where 90+ of the worlds best bands passed through Adelaide on Saturday and wowed a very well behaved crowd of upto 35,000.

Comment 9 of 19
chantel elmslie Posted at 11:34 AM March 05, 2012

I was there last night with my best friend. We have been to one concert every Aussie tour she has done inc. her first where she played in a melb pub and we both agree that this has been the best yet.

Comment 10 of 19
Gabriella of Adelaide Posted at 1:51 PM March 05, 2012

Best show in history!

Comment 11 of 19
Brooke of Adelaide Posted at 5:52 PM March 05, 2012

SHE is AMAZINGG!! I was in the front row of her concert last night and i would go see her every single night AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!! I lined up from 6am but totally worth the wait. i saw little 6 year olds there and i thought to myself "wow, these little kids wouldn't even understand what these songs are about!" Taylor Swift is growing up, and so are her fans.. but to see little children there in GENERAL ADMISSION is crazy. I dont mean to sound rude, but thats just my thoughts.

Comment 12 of 19
Rob of Kingswood of Kingwood Posted at 8:03 PM March 05, 2012

The Festival, The Fringe, Taylor Swift....which one to choose? I chose Taylor and struck gold. Beautiful music, great visuals. And to think she is only 22. One of the best shows I have seen for ages.

Comment 13 of 19
Vita Stathis Posted at 9:09 PM March 05, 2012

I went to Taylor's concert with my 16 year old daughter and we really loved it!! She was entertaining and very thank full to all her fans for making the effort to learn the lyrics of all her songs.

Comment 14 of 19
Charlie Wong of Shangers Posted at 10:11 PM March 05, 2012

Come to Shanghai. Mercedes Benz Arena beckons. The expats would love you and you are designed for the Asian market.

Comment 15 of 19
Sue-Anne of Royal Park Posted at 10:59 PM March 05, 2012

First concert for my daughter Sarah and her bestie Tia...They were both in absolute "Awe" of this beautiful woman Taylor Swift! She took us all on a journey, she thanked everyone for being there, she made sure absolutely everyone in the audience could see her and feel every bit of emotion that was written in those wonderful songs. She is a great role model for our girls (tweens) and I hope she is very proud of herself....well done Taylor and thank you!

Comment 16 of 19
Terri-Ann McMullan Posted at 11:25 PM March 05, 2012

She was amazing - I was apprehensive about going due to hearing that she has mimed songs in the past - well done Taylor! No miming and your vocals did not let you down!

Comment 17 of 19
JC Posted at 2:34 AM Today

Dave of Adelaide, sorry mate Taylor wins hands down to Soundwave or any other festivals. No contest there.

Comment 18 of 19
Steph tergini of Australiaaa Posted at 9:11 AM Today

Best concert EVER!!! Amazing singing, acting and set! My best friends and I were right at the front. So AMAZING! She is SO TALENTED! :)))))

Comment 19 of 19

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: AUSSIES AWED AT ADELAIDE

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM

That's so nice!! Usually people are like, "OH! IT WAS DREADFUL!!" but they are nice!!!

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Am I the only one that's noticed that they're arn't a lot of pictures from this show? if anyone knows where there are some please let me know. Taylorpictures.net only has like 6 or something and thats all I've seen.

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Nice to read they liked it.

Still a bit jealous that they do have the big stage and we didn't (european tour)

Today exactly 365 days ago went to her concert. (for date tomorrow march 7th)
    We had one extra day this year :)
    Be Fearless and Speak Now

www.taylorswiftfansite.nl

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Thanks for posting that I havn't seen most of those. Havn't seen any Brisbane pics yet either hopefully they'll post some later today.

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM

WATCH: Highlights From Taylor Swift's Adelaide 'Speak Now' Concert 04/03/2012! . 06 March 2012

We are so excited that Taylor Swift has finally arrived in Australia for the 'Speak Now' tour, and we have been trying really hard to let you guys know everything that she's up to while she's here!

Read our detailed review of Taylor's Perth concert!

http://www.take40.com/news/29572/review:-taylor-swift-perth-concert,-speak-now-tour-01-03-12---enchanting-in-every-way!

A few days ago a highlights reel of Taylor's Adelaide concert on March 4th was uploaded onto YouTube, and we were so excited to find another insight into the tour to share with her Swifties!

The video shows excerpts of a range of her performed songs including Love Story, Mean and moments of Taylor talking to the crowd.

We wish Taylor was in Australia all the time! Watch the clip below! So exciting!

http://www.take40.com/news/29652/watch:-highlights-from-taylor-swift's-adelaide-'speak-now'-concert-04-03-2012!

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Makes me miss the show so much!!!!

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I read this as "a wed" at first and wondered how someone could get married at a Taylor concert lol

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Some have gotten engaged at her concerts... :)
    Taylor was present for one...

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Woo! Bet it was amazing!!
    Already having withdrawals hahaha!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

lovelovelove

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Of course she got a good review

Re: AUSSIES AWED AT ADELAIDE

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS!!!!!!!!

:) i attended. I was ecstatic. i could not have been happier in that moment i held her hand.

(the awesome InMyBestRedDress)
    RED's Tracklist so far:
    We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together // Red // State of Grace // Everthing Has Changed // Ronan // I Knew You Were Trouble

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Taylor got AMAZING reviews at every Australian concert - looks like Adelaide had the most AMAZING TIME EVER!!!

AHHH I miss it sooooooooo much :(.

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Who wouldn't enjoy a Taylor concert? :P

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:38 AM

This truly was the best concert I have ever been too. I was in general admission, and I was literally three meters from the stage; and three meters from my idol, Ms Swift. I was literally wonderstruck all throughout the show and in the hours after, and I still get chills now remembering the screams and looking through my videos and pictures I captured. Taylor's vocals literally sounded the same in every single song, and even though I had already seen the live DVD from the U.S tour, every performance was full of surprise and awe. The crowd was ear splittingly loud, and my ears were ringing hours afterwards. It was also great as it was the one hundredth show.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.