1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Never - a guilty pleasure

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Does anyone else find WANEGBT a guilty pleasure? Whenever I want to sing it, I just want to cringe, because I know it's kind of a dumb song.. Don't get me wrong, I love it, it's just not all that great.
Still, I just wanna sing and dance when I hear it. xD

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Never - a guilty pleasure

Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

cause like

made by me :) ^

^ made by gigi!

Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I wouldn't exactly say dumb. I love WANEGBT! It was one of the best songs of 2012. It's special to me because it reminds me of the live chat. I think I know how Taylor wanted to approach the song because it's kind of like a fun breakup song. I'm so grateful for this song! It cheers me up so much!

^^ Made by moi

Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I'm not ashamed to say I love it!! Although, people do kind of make fun of it unfortunately

made by autumn leaves are falling!!!

Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I feel the same

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I LOVE WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM

It kinda is, cause others find it annoying but I can't help loving it cause it's Taylor and catchy

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I don't really find it silly. But I can;t help but to sing and dance!

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I know what you mean, but how is it a dumb song?

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Lol I so agree with you! But because it has been played SO often, it does rather grate on my nerves now and I think, each time Taylor sings live: oh no, not this one again - when there are soooo many more songs!

But when it comes on, on my MP3, there I am dancing and singing and yep - lol know all the lyrics hehehehe

It is a pretty cliched song - but only Taylor can make it sound good:D
    you can't enjoy the rainbow without the rain.

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Guilty! Thank you for putting my feelings about it into words lol! xxx

My website! I would be SO wonderstruck if you clicked here!!!

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It's a simple song with a simple meaning, not dumb :)

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM

SwiftieForever223 wrote:
    I can relate to this, especially being a man and future professor. It's a very catchy tune, it just has that bubblegummy flavor that makes it an easy candidate for annoying people. I love it too, along with the rest of Red, but I can completely understand this.
    “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”

Swiftie Forever!

Absolutely - you couldn't have said that any better lol - bubblegummy flavour hehehe and yet it is as catchy as hell lol.

I was sitting with my husband of 52 watching X Factor which is a stupid program now - songs are dire to my hearing - and suddenly, it was announced that Taylor was a guest singer and I thought: oh wow this is wonderful but contained myself and then she came on singing this and I was thinking: oh dear of all the songs to sing, she has to go and sing this one - with my non swiftie hubby who loves to tease me chronically for enjoying her songs. And yep did sink down a bit to hide myself - and then - I hear: oh I this is not a bad song - can you believe it - FROM MY HUSBAND!!! I said: oh really, you mean you like it and he said: yes it is a really catchy song! So Suzanne suddenly sits up more and enjoys too - oh dear peer pressure

you can't enjoy the rainbow without the rain.

RE: Never - a guilty pleasure

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I will never, ever call WANEGBT a dumb song.

You know why it's stuck in your head? Why you want to sing it all the time?
    Because it's genius. It takes a huge amount of talent to write a song that catchy and appealing. Talent that very few people in this world have, Taylor Swift being one of them.

So no, it's not a guilty pleasure.
    And it's not dumb.

It's a perfectly written pop song.

Respect that.

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I have that with all the max martin songs. since they are in the charts. They missed out all the speak now song for some reason and when I sing along witrh this song I feel like some "charts girl" that only likes the songs in the top of the charts. but i'm s swiftie since the fearless era. and it annoys me.

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM

mayaella wrote:
    I will never, ever call WANEGBT a dumb song.

You know why it's stuck in your head? Why you want to sing it all the time?
    Because it's genius. It takes a huge amount of talent to write a song that catchy and appealing. Talent that very few people in this world have, Taylor Swift being one of them.

So no, it's not a guilty pleasure.
    And it's not dumb.

It's a perfectly written pop song.

Respect that.

I agree that it does take a crazy amount of talent to write something as appealing and catchy as this.

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I don't think it's dumb. I love it!
    ---

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

MissHappyNarwhal wrote:
    Does anyone else find WANEGBT a guilty pleasure? Whenever I want to sing it, I just want to cringe, because I know it's kind of a dumb song.. Don't get me wrong, I love it, it's just not all that great.
    Still, I just wanna sing and dance when I hear it. xD

i totally get what you're saying. it's not the best song writing but hey! it's tay and it's like the swifty version of call me maybe :D

message me for details on the tour project

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I dont think it's dumb. She said while making the music video that it was supposed to be cheesy like the song so I wouldn't call it dumb, just a fun, upbeat song.

Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Its weird. Its one of her worst songs. weak lyrically, and the tune is kinda..eh. But whenever i hear it i just have to sing and dance because, well, its Taylor :)
    If ya wanna chat or something:
    Email: jpkelem@gmail.com or miserablemagical13@ymail.com or 4everswifty13@gmail.com If you want me to respond faster email me at the first one. I barely check the 3rd one and will probably forget about the 2nd one soon :P

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I used to when the song wasn't that popular! Now that everyone loves it i love to dance

Anyway It's the most dumb song on Red, is not a bad song but neither is her best work on Red

Uploaded with ImageShack.us