1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Holy Ground

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM

This song is honestly my favorite on RED =) Its about Taylor confessing that even years after a relationship had passed she can look back on it and say "that was good". She doesn't dwell on the breakup or the fights etc. Taylor just simply states that "it was good never looking down and right there where we stood was holy ground". So what they had was special and holy to her even thought it crumbled. I think that's simply amazing that even though bad things happen you can still see the sunshine. I once heard somewhere "stars need darkness to shine" and I think this is what Holy Ground is about. That even if there is darkness stars are still going to shine and that you need to just remember all the time when it was holy.

well thats what i learnt from the song
what did you guys think??

[/signature]

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Holy Ground

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Yeah I really love it, Did you see the youtube video when she explains this song? It's really good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGbXtsVNiaM

My Graphic Shop

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

i never really thought about that! that's beautiful. hhaha i agree!

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Holy Ground is also one of my favorites from RED! Every time I hear it I get super happy!
    "Never forget the essence of your spark" TS

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Holy Ground is my favorite! I love the message, I love how she can describe feelings completely different from anger or sadness, but just awareness that what they had was good. That's when you feel pleased with yourself.

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Yeah I love this song too!
    But what do you guys think that the backgroundsingers are saying after: And right there where we stood, was Holy Ground. Something like: U were riiighttt. I don't know haha
    I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world
    March 12th 2011, Oberhausen - Germany: Speak Now World Tour

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM

You are brilliant at explaining things!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Primafacie wrote:
    Yeah I really love it, Did you see the youtube video when she explains this song? It's really good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGbXtsVNiaM

My Graphic Shop

I love love love this video so much!! Everyone should see it! It's times like this when I'm just starting to think that Tay may not be a super-nice person and she may be going through boys like bobby pins that I watch interviews and stuff with her... then I realize that I was wrong :)
    Red on the 15th

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM

AnEnchantedGirl wrote:
    But what do you guys think that the backgroundsingers are saying after: And right there where we stood, was Holy Ground. Something like: U were riiighttt. I don't know haha

I sounds like they're saying "oohh way oh, ooh way oh, ooh way oh YOLO" I don't even know either!
    Red on the 15th

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

i have no many things i think they are saying

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM

It's one of my favorite songs on this album.

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Holy Ground is my absolute favorite song off of Red. :)
    ~I may turn RED when I SPEAK NOW, but I'm still FEARLESS.

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It's a great song!

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM

One of my favorites :)

The world turned RED.

~StayTayStay~

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I love it!
    Have you noticed:
    It
    Was
    Good
    Never
    Lookin

And by the way, your eyes are dancin'
    Missing you like this is such sweet sorrow
    If you asked me if I loved him, I'd lie
    Didn't they need you bad enough
    Snap buttons on a denim shirt
    Laughed in the dark talkin bout your daddy's farm

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I love this song. It is so amazing. And yeah, I think that the background they are saying "You were right"

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM

LOVE! thanks for putting in the link :) hadnt seen that whole thing before :)

-E- xxx

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM

bffsajrg wrote:
    AnEnchantedGirl wrote:

I sounds like they're saying "oohh way oh, ooh way oh, ooh way oh YOLO" I don't even know either!
    Red on the 15th

I have no idea what they r saying! Lol but I really wanna find out

"Never forget the essence of your spark" TS

Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My favorite!!
    ~I may turn RED when I SPEAK NOW, but I'm still FEARLESS.