Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Lucky One meaning?

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hi Swifties,
So I love The Lucky One. I've heard it's about her worst fear, but what is Taylor's worst fear? I'm confused.

^Clara

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Lucky One meaning?

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I think her worst fear is losing her job as an artist.
    I've gone RED RED RED RED RED RED RED RED

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Her worst fear is not getting to do what she wants to do... not being loved by her fans... being replaced
    ]

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM

From listening to the lyrics in The Lucky One, I think it's safe to say that she's scared of getting lost in it all, you know? Fame has a lot of "up" sides but there is also a very dark side, and I think she's afraid that one day she may lose control.

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I think she afraid of herself. Losing herself in fame, trying to be someone she isn't and not following her dreams. In my school we have personal tutors and mine said that one of the top regrets was not following their dreams. If anyone wants me to explain further, just message me.
    http://www.pizap.com/gallery_display_page2.php?imagename=pizap.com10.0138358622789382931345216789791.jpg&start=16&backurl=mypizap&gallery=&views=2&username=forever2997&imagenumber=46812348&pageid=425350&displayname=forever2997

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I think she's talking about others, including hershelf and she express her worst fear taht we will get bored of her and that we'll not listenig to her songs and finally being replaced...

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Scared that no one will like her, that her songs will become nothing but this will never happen for sure.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

i dont think every song taylor writes will be directly-directly linked to her.... but i think this song is related to her fear of not mattering anymore.

1. p_b avatar p_b

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I think it's about being forgotten and how hard being a celebrity really is, she's trying to say "they tell you now you're the lucky one" but being a celebrity is harder than you think. It's obviously about that because the secret message is "Wouldn't you like to know" meaning: "Wouldn't you like to know how being famous really is?" She's telling her Swifties that being a singer isn't all that easy. It can be hard and you can lose control of it sometimes... And knowing when to step out of the spotlight and wondering how music will end, etc. I think? She's obviously saying music is too hard for her, but I hope she never ever ever stops singing... :) If it DOES mean being bored of her, I will never get bored of her... And I'll never replace her either... :) LONG LIVE TAYLOR SWIFT!!! :D

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM

JJ13 wrote:
    Her worst fear is not getting to do what she wants to do... not being loved by her fans... being replaced
    ]

I agree with this. She has said that this is one of her worst fears. It made me really sad. I htink the meaning behind The Lucky One is that she's worried about being replaced by someone who is better then her and that she will be considered a "past artist".

Thankyou to 1) Me 2) the amazing heleh 3) the talented playfu

RE: The Lucky One meaning?

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM

being afraid that a new artist is going to come along and people will forget about her and she won't be able to do what she loves

RE: The Lucky One meaning?

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM

It's about her fear of her fame turning bad. Its about where she doesnt want fame to turn into this horrible place that she doesnt want to be in anymore. She doesnt want it to be bad, like she doesnt want her fame to turn into something that she never wanted to be in.
    Make sense?
    I hope I helped =)

Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I opened up a top on the meaning of all her Red songs which I found on youtube ie herself telling all.

So basically, the lucky one is about her fears and what might happen to her. She has seen with her own eyes, stars failing and it frightens her that she will go the same way. As she says: people say we are lucky but are we really that lucky?

I actually think that because she thinks this way, she is going to do great; as she is completely wide awake to these things - she is on her guide rather than just taking it all for granted!
    you can't enjoy the rainbow without the rain.

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Now if her worst fear is losing herself and being replaced afterwards, I can only say that there is absolutely no way I can see myself not loving her, no matter what happens. We Swiftys stick together and are there for her when she needs us most. Taylor, we've got your back. There's no way you'll ever stop being the lucky one. We love you, regardless of what others say. Because you may not be perfect, but you're as close to perfection as a single person can be. Just stay the way you are, because if you're lucky to be different, never change. ♥

© longhandwrittennote13

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.