Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

My review of the IKYWT MV

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Review Score: ****

The video is a bit "edgy" with a good girl gone bad for a boyfriend who is a bad boy. The character Swift plays shows a lot of teenage girls who will do whatever for love whether it be sex, drugs, alcohol, etc., not that Swift is portraying any of this in the video but a lot of the feel and the look of the video suggest that is what is going on between the two characters.

The video begins with Swift's character being found in the middle of a deserted desert full of garbage scattered everywhere and a very unnecessary long prologue to set up the song's subject with scenes showing the meeting of the two. The video then goes into flashbacks of the girl's relationship with her ex-bad-boy-boyfriend (portrayed by Reeve Carney), from the two lovebirds in a coffee shop, to a bar-fight between the then-boyfriend and another customer to the two on a balcony and at a party. The video then ends with Swift dropping a necklace she had received earlier in the video from her ex where Swift does an epilogue.

All in all the video is great a great topic and "mini-movie" video, as Swift described in an interview with MTV, portraying to days "bad boys" and the issues that are faced with them but the long prologue tends to drag the video down quite a bit. I also disliked the guy shoving Swift in the video, and although I know it was an act I had a strong urge to slug the guy for shoving her. I also do not approve of the disgusting tattoo on the male lead's upper left arm of a woman in a very undignified position with certain body parts exposed and I find that to be a bit controversial to have in the video and I hope that it will be censored as it is not appropriate for Swift's younger fan base that ranges between 10-17 years of age, boy or girl. With these three minor issues I give the video 4 out of 5.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: My review of the IKYWT MV

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM

RE: My review of the IKYWT MV

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I love Taylor Swift and her new album :) And I am sorry, but what is happening to Taylor? I know artists need to grow and whatever, but when I listen to this album, as catchy as the songs are, I get so sad because this is not why I fell in love with her. She should grow in the context and composition of lyrics and keep her sweet, country sounds that I never get tired of hearing. I thought I was her number one fan but this video made me realize that she is selling out to Hollywood like all those other celebrities. And the reason that she got so famous and is loved by millions is because she was so different from every other singer. But I guess it was inevitable.

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Nice review :) !
    From now on thinking RED is something confident and brave !
    Stay FEARLESS and never forget to SPEAK NOW !
    Long Live TAYLOR SWIFT !

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:26 PM

littleloveyou wrote:
    I love Taylor Swift and her new album :) And I am sorry, but what is happening to Taylor? I know artists need to grow and whatever, but when I listen to this album, as catchy as the songs are, I get so sad because this is not why I fell in love with her. She should grow in the context and composition of lyrics and keep her sweet, country sounds that I never get tired of hearing. I thought I was her number one fan but this video made me realize that she is selling out to Hollywood like all those other celebrities. And the reason that she got so famous and is loved by millions is because she was so different from every other singer. But I guess it was inevitable.

Oh, for crying out loud! Not this again!

Banner credit goes to cloudnine

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

plasticheartz73 wrote:
    littleloveyou wrote:

Oh, for crying out loud! Not this again!

Banner credit goes to cloudnine

She's right though, just ignore those posts then if you disagree :)

1) gabbylove13 2) Kaylee[/signature]

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Great Review!

I absolutely LOVE this youtube cover:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8e5b5cTmfc

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:48 AM

littleloveyou wrote:
    She should grow in the context and composition of lyrics and keep her sweet, country sounds that I never get tired of hearing.

The reason why this is happening, is because Taylor can't stick to just one kind of music genre. She must diversify to reach out to other fans of other music groups. I believe even she knows this. Despite this, she remains one of the few artists whose lyrics are classy(for lack of better term) and inspirational.

littleloveyou wrote:
    I thought I was her number one fan but this video made me realize that she is selling out to Hollywood like all those other celebrities. And the reason that she got so famous and is loved by millions is because she was so different from every other singer.

And she still is. Taylor is still one of the few, if not, the only celebrity who cares about her fans and ain't afraid to show it to us in any way possible. Also, will u please explain in detail as to why she is "selling" out to Hollywood?

littleloveyou wrote:
    . But I guess it was inevitable.

As much as i agree change is to be questioned when necessary, I do not like people who go about moaning and mindlessly complaining about it.

On May 16 2014, a legend is reborn

Taylor Connect, where guys can become girls, and every girl can look beautiful- TheDaikaiju

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM

For many, many, oh, tooooo many years, I , myself, lived in that world that is depicted in the IKYWT, MV. I am surprised that I survived it. I can name at least 5 people that I knew in the past that went to early graves on account of THAT lifestyle
    And THAT is why I try to warn the younger people that I converse with, that this danger is indeed out there, and to be very careful not to become a victim of it
    My username is not "Haunted", by mistake. I invite you to visit my profile, and check out the "Lady Evil", Graphic produced by the incomparable TanyaxOh. Around it I have placed a warning. Be careful. Just sayin...........

I don't know what Taylor's intent was, putting out such a video, but it struck me in a place that I am all toooooooo familiar with, and one that I will NOT revisit. I, for one, appreciated the video immensely. Although a complete departure from Our Taylor's usual style, I viewed this video almost as a warning from Taylor, and a view into the darkness that IS that particular lifestyle. GOOD Heed the warning, Swifties

I always said that Taylor was going to have a hard time topping "Speak Now", and "Fearless". With "Red", I feel she has at least matched those two Stellar albums. And I miss Our Taylor's old hairstyle, and music style tooooooooo
    However, Taylor Swift is a versatile musician and conceptionalist. We, as Swifties, should Celebrate the fact that Taylor is trying new ideas, musical avenues, and concepts. She will find her way back to her roots, I feel sure.

And that world depicted in the IKYWT, MV? I'll just close by saying that I hope to GOD that none of YOU ever falls into THAT lifestyle Cuz that video was MILD compared to some of the things that I saw in the darkness. Haunted, indeed. ............................

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Amazing review

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM

littleloveyou wrote:

This!!cannot even agree more.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM

HAUNTED216 wrote:
    For many, many, oh, tooooo many years, I , myself, lived in that world that is depicted in the IKYWT, MV. I am surprised that I survived it. I can name at least 5 people that I knew in the past that went to early graves on account of THAT lifestyle
    And THAT is why I try to warn the younger people that I converse with, that this danger is indeed out there, and to be very careful not to become a victim of it
    My username is not "Haunted", by mistake. I invite you to visit my profile, and check out the "Lady Evil", Graphic produced by the incomparable TanyaxOh. Around it I have placed a warning. Be careful. Just sayin...........

I don't know what Taylor's intent was, putting out such a video, but it struck me in a place that I am all toooooooo familiar with, and one that I will NOT revisit. I, for one, appreciated the video immensely. Although a complete departure from Our Taylor's usual style, I viewed this video almost as a warning from Taylor, and a view into the darkness that IS that particular lifestyle. GOOD Heed the warning, Swifties

I always said that Taylor was going to have a hard time topping "Speak Now", and "Fearless". With "Red", I feel she has at least matched those two Stellar albums. And I miss Our Taylor's old hairstyle, and music style tooooooooo
    However, Taylor Swift is a versatile musician and conceptionalist. We, as Swifties, should Celebrate the fact that Taylor is trying new ideas, musical avenues, and concepts. She will find her way back to her roots, I feel sure.

And that world depicted in the IKYWT, MV? I'll just close by saying that I hope to GOD that none of YOU ever falls into THAT lifestyle Cuz that video was MILD compared to some of the things that I saw in the darkness. Haunted, indeed. ............................

Thanks for sharing, Greg. We're very glad that you DID survive, and that you're here with us now! You're a great part of the TC community!

I personally love the video and the song. She sends a good, much needed message. I actually didn't even notice the tattoo on her video boyfriend, as I was too wrapped up in the storyline.
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Meh. It was an entertaining video, but I feel that the 1-2 minute intro was far, far too long. I almost skipped ahead to find the music because towards the end, I got a little bored. It was touching and very eloquently written, but there's a point where it just starts dragging. Brevity is the soul of wit, so they say.

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE is my favorite song and I found this song
    DEF JAM NEW ARTIST CHRIS LACE TAYLOR SWIFT "I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE" "ERR DAY"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBDwoJWruI

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM

the "IKYWT" music video is so cool!!!! I love tay's country style but that modern and fresh style in this video clip is so lovely and it's like a shoot from a movie!!!

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I have ALWAYS loved the song and the video only made me love it more. I think her monologue at the beginning enhanced it more than anything, giving the viewer a whole new perspective of the song. As far as all that mess about her changing, she's 23. Her first album came out when she was 14. She, just like every other young person, is gonna go through changes as she begins to develop and discover her real self.

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I agree... A little bit. I think the video is a little bit mature for some little Swiftie fans out there who like her. Like, maybe those Swifties who are ranged from the youngest to nine or ten years old or something. But all in all, the music video is really cool. Except for when the video has too much kissing scenes.:/

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM

If you prefer Taylor's country songs then listen to her country songs. And stop complaining that the video might be too mature for little kids - did you ever consider that maybe the video isn't actually meant for little kids? Taylor can't cater to children all the time, she isn't a child herself.

Made by me! Please visit my Graphic Shop!

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I thought the music vidoe represented exactly what the song was about. Her depiction was amazing!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

i love it so much because it is kinda reminder of what she could be but she has made good choices and is the complete opposite. it might be my fav MV yet!

Taylor Swift is my idol and if i ever met her my life would be complete!

picture courtesy of swiftndbieber

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I agree. I hope taylor will not lose some of her younger fans with the video. Its definitely something parents would censor.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.