Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Planned Coincidence? Or Overused Metaphor?

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM

One of my favorite songs on RED is Everything Has Changed. Especially when Ed says, "And all my walls stood tall painted blue
But i'll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you"

While reminiscing and listening to Tay's first album, I noticed in Cold as You that she says "You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray"

And a couple days later, while listening to Speak Now's Dear John: "You paint me a blue sky and go back and turn it to rain"

Sooo... Is she obsessed with painting, using it in three different songs?
OR is Ed Sheeran's character promising not to be like the men in Cold As You and Dear John by saying that he will take down the (blue, aka happy/nice) walls he has built around himself? (In which case, a planned coincidence)

You decide. Tell me what you think!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Planned Coincidence? Or Overused Metaphor?

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I think it's a metaphor that she keeps returning to, similar to the rain and 2am. Songwriting is a very natural process, sometimes it doesn't require a whole lot of thinking to produce the lyrics or the melody so I'd be suprised if she sat down and said to Ed "We NEED to get something about redecorating in here!"

(Maybe not those exact words but I'm sure you get my drift and it produces a funny image!)

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I think what Clueless said, rain and 2am as well!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Clueless wrote:
    I think it's a metaphor that she keeps returning to, similar to the rain and 2am. Songwriting is a very natural process, sometimes it doesn't require a whole lot of thinking to produce the lyrics or the melody so I'd be suprised if she sat down and said to Ed "We NEED to get something about redecorating in here!"

(Maybe not those exact words but I'm sure you get my drift and it produces a funny image!)

^ This ^ but that is cool :) And Clueless Hahahaha! The last thing made me laugh :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Clueless wrote:

That was a funny image :)
    Rain I've noticed to be a common thing in quite a few of her songs. I guess rain is quite romantic, which is why it is used. Rain can also set the scene for a song. When I listen to 'Sparks Fly' I can always picture a scene in my mind.

As for paint being used in 3 songs, I personally don't think it was a coincidence. Maybe it's just a metaphor that she likes to use? Giving the walls/sky a colour is better than leaving them uncoloured.
    The colour of the paint can also tell us if the song is sad, happy ect. Colour can tell us a lot :)
    And that's how Equestria was made!
    ---
    *Like we're made of starlight*
    ---
    'Taylor Swift' taught me to be 'Fearless' and to 'Speak Now', before it's too late. Now, we paint the whole town 'RED'.

Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM

LunaMoon wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

That was a funny image :)
    Rain I've noticed to be a common thing in quite a few of her songs. I guess rain is quite romantic, which is why it is used. Rain can also set the scene for a song. When I listen to 'Sparks Fly' I can always picture a scene in my mind.

As for paint being used in 3 songs, I personally don't think it was a coincidence. Maybe it's just a metaphor that she likes to use? Giving the walls/sky a colour is better than leaving them uncoloured.
    The colour of the paint can also tell us if the song is sad, happy ect. Colour can tell us a lot :)
    And that's how Equestria was made!
    ---
    *Like we're made of starlight*
    ---
    'Taylor Swift' taught me to be 'Fearless' and to 'Speak Now', before it's too late. Now, we paint the whole town 'RED'.

Yes, like Red.....

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

RE: Planned Coincidence? Or Overused Metaphor?

Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

taylor has alot of things like that
    for example tuesdays, not picking up phones, weather in her room/house, and so on

check out my BLOG!
    http://trinarose11.blogspot.com/

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.