Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Did I cheat?:)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

In English we were supposed to write a Love Poem. So, I wrote it to the lyrics of Red. Is that cheating?-My teacher said it was really good!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Did I cheat?:)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Did you tell your teacher it is Taylors song? If you did, that it's not cheating ..but if you didn't ..you definitely should :)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Was it just for an assignment in class or will it be used towards a qualification / exam?

If it's just an assignment it doesn't really matter too much but if your teacher talks about it again, maybe tell them that you took inspiration from a song.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Omg ahahahah that is hilarious thats what i did. I had this MASSIVE english thing due up and you had to create a poem with good and wise words. i panicked so much but i quickly scribbled down the lyrics to "ours". Thankfully back then hardly anyone in my class had even heard of taylor despite the song and everyone was congratulating me. Then i got an A+. I felt sooo bad but when i told my mum she laughed and said, "good things come out with being obsessed with a singer i guess"

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Was it supposed to be an original poem? If you told her that it wasn't your own, then it's not plagiarism. But if you took the poem as your own creation or didn't tell your teacher it was Taylor's then it's plagiarism. Which is really bad.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Yeah, I mean it depends on if it's graded or just more for fun, I guess. If it's graded and you copied someone else's work (especially without credit) at my school you would probably have been suspended/expelled.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Yeah, what everyone else is saying - Was it graded or just for fun? Did it count towards anything? You should probably tell your teacher tho :P :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM

it's not cheating if you make sure to tell the teacher that those are not your words
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind...cuz I really do love you :)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Haha that is so funny!!!!

Love, Love, Love,
    -SparksFly4Taylor 13 :)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Wait, did you write the words EXACTLY? You said "I wrote it to the lyrics of Red." Like you used the same tune and just changed some of the words? Like "loving him was like...." and then come up with your own? If you wrote them down exactly from the song it's cheating.
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM

haha!!! this is so funny! but ya its not cheating as long as you gave credit to taylor! and if you didnt just let your teacher know and it was a mistake. dont worry about it though

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Did you mean you wrote the poem to the tune of red? Or did you mean you just wrote down the Red lyrics and turned them in? Because if you turned in the lyrics to Red as if you wrote them then sorry that is called plagiarism which is a form of cheating.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

If you just copied the lyrics to Red, that's plagiarism, which is generally frowned upon by teachers.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

RE: Did I cheat?:)

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

i wrote a on shot based off of Begin Again, my friends said its not cheating cause i adapted it and its just based off of it. see HERE
    but if you coppied the exact thing... then i dont know lol

Credit To TaylorThirteen^^^

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM

of course you didn't, you just were inspiried!! thats not cheating!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i dont think it is, none of it is exact but it is REALLY good by the way! You are very talented!!

Made by TwinkleSwift!! Request from her! She is amazing!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM

lol! what she doesn't know won't hurt her!! i almost did that when i had to write a poem... but my teacher knows a few songs so i was afraid to do that... lol!!

The best night of life was August 3, 2011 at the Verizon Center!!! Taylor pointed at me!!!!!!!! Long Live the Speak Now World Tour!!!!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

starlightbeachbum1999 wrote:
    i dont think it is, none of it is exact but it is REALLY good by the way! You are very talented!!

Made by TwinkleSwift!! Request from her! She is amazing!

is this directed at me?

Credit To TaylorThirteen^^^

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM

If you copied the lyrics exactly then yes, it's cheating. if you just took inspiration from the song and changed words, then you're fine.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Maybe. Tell your teacher you copied.

Made by Dreamimpposible! Your amazing! Request from her! Made By Kel_Fairytale13! SHE IS FLAWLESS! Request from her
    [I

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.