1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Lyrics that relate to your life so well.

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Sometimes you don't relate to a whole Taylor song, but bits and pieces of it. I can relate to a lot of the songs from Red but there are a few lyrics that just describe what I feel perfectly.
What are yours? Mine are:

"If I had known what I know now, I never would have played so nonchalant."

"And I know it's long gone, and the magic's not here no more and it might be okay but I'm not fine at all."

"I just want to tell you, it takes everything in me, not to call you."

"You break my heart in the blink of an eye."

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in."

"And I wish I could run to you and I hope you know that every time I don't, I almost do."

Swiftie since 2007
I will be Red on August 23rd.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Lyrics that relate to your life so well.

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

If I had known what I know now, I never would have played so nonchalant.

It was like slow motion standing there in my party dress, in red lipstick with no one to impress.

I want you to understand perfectly your the kind of man that makes me sad. (makes me laugh every time!)

Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it, I want to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it.

And so many more!!!
    I was Fearless 9/20/2009, 3/6/2010 4/2/2010
    I got to speak now 5/26/2011, 5/27/2011, 8/14/2011, 10/8/2011, 11/5/2011
    And I cant wait to be RED!!!

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

In Treacherous I can really relate to this line,
    "Nothing safe is worth the drive"
    In Starlight I think this is so true
    "He said, 'look at you, worrying so much about things you can't change', you'll spend your whole life singing the blues if you keep thinkin' that way.
    And in Stay, Stay, Stay
    "You should never leave a fight unresolved."

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

"and I know that you see what you're doing to me, tell me why"
    "you're really gonna be someone, ask anyone"
    "you could write a book on how to ruin someones perfect day"
    "And you can’t see me wantin' you the way you want her, but you are everything to me"

There are lots more, but I normally can't think of anything right away :P
    xx

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

(Treacherous)"Put your lips close to mine as long as don't touch, out of focus, out of mind, til the gravity is too much"
    I've been having weird dreams lately (maybe from hormones) and those lyrics relate to me right now.

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Pretty much all of Never Grow Up's lyrics...

In All Too Well,

"I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here" and "I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it"

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

All of Teardrops on my guitar. (About a certain boy, I still love with my whole heart)
    "If I had known what I know now, I never would have played so nonchalant." (If I knew what I knew now I would've told you how I felt as soon as I realized it. Things could be different.)
    "I'd like to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it" (I haven't been the same since I found out he didn't like me)
    "I want you to understand perfectly your the kind of man that makes me sad." (Guys like that do make me sad)
    All of Never Grow Up (I'm terrified to grow up)
    "You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors it's them mornin' of your very first day" (I was singing this to myself the whole first day of H.S.) Along with: "Try to stay out of everybody's way"
    Tons more but that's all I can thing of right now

http://i49.tinypic.com/2lkfmdy.png[/[/signature]

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

There are quite a few I could think of but let's see what we could conjure up with to start

"This is when the feeling sinks in, I don't wanna miss you like this"
    "Taxi cabs and busy streets that never bring you back to me"
    "Don't you see the starlight? Don't you dream impossible things?"
    "We're happy, free, confused and lonely in the best way. It's miserable and magical."
    "I'm only up when you're not down, don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground"
    "And the saddest fear comes creeping in that you never loved me or her or anyone or anything"
    "Tonight I'm gonna dance for all that we've been through but I don't wanna dance if I'm not dancing with you"
    "Here's to everything, coming down to nothing, here's to silence, that cuts me to the core"
    "It seems to me, this thing is breaking down, we almost never speak, I don't feel welcome anymore"
    "I stare at the phone he (or she i relate this song to a friendship break up) still hasn't called and then you feel so low you can't feel nothing at all"
    "I took a chance, I took a shot, and you might think I'm bulletproof but I'm not"
    "I know that you see what you're doing to me tell me why"
    "Why do you have to make me feel small so you can feel whole inside? Why do you have to put down my dreams so you're the only thing on my mind?"
    "I take a step back, and I let you go. I told you I'm not bulletproof now you know"
    "I don't know who I'm gonna talk to know at school, but I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you. Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay but I know I had the best day with you today".
    "How could I ever try to be better when nobody ever lets me in?"
    "And if you come around saying sorry to me, my daddy's gonna show you how sorry you'll be"
    "You never did give a damn thing honey but I cried cried for you"
    "And tomorrow's just a mystery, but that's ok"
    "But I can't believe you made me sit at home cry like a baby wait right by the phone every night"
    "In your life you'll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team"
    "I've been giving out chances every time and all you do is let me down"
    "You can tell me that you're sorry but I don't believe you baby like I did before. You're not sorry."
    "You used to shine so bright but I watched all of it fade"
    "This isn't Hollywood this is a small town I was a dreamer before you went and let me down"
    "Tonight we'll stand get off out knees fight for what we worked for all these years"
    "This is looking like a contest of who can act like they care less"
    "I just realized everything I have is one day gonna be gone"
    "This is the very first page not when the story book ends"
    "Sophistication isn't what you wear or who you know, or pushing people down to get you where you wanna go"
    "It's ok life is a tough crowd"
    "Time turns flames to embers you'll have new septembers every one of us has messed up too"
    "You have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them, I walk with my head down trying to block you out cause I'll never impress you, I just wanna feel okay again"
    "Maybe it's me and my blind optimism to blame"
    "You'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understand"
    "You are an expert at sorry and keeping lines blurry"
    "I'm shining like fireworks over your sad empty town"
    "You and I walk a fragile line"
    "C'mon c'mon don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out."
    "Something keeps me holding on to nothing"
    "I know you're not gone"
    "Never imagined we'd end like this"
    "The night we stood with our shaking hands the crowds in stands went wild" (the crowds being the audience at the musicals I've been a part of)
    "You held your head like a hero on a history book page, it was the end of a decade but the start of an age"
    "The years that we stood there on the sidelines wishing for right now"
    "And the cynics were outraged, screaming this is absurd, cause for a moment a band of thieves and ripped up jeans got to rule the world"
    "Long live all the mountains we moved I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you"
    "Long live the walls we crashed through, how the kingdom lights shined just for me and you"
    "Bring on all the pretenders, one day we will be remembered"
    "Tell them how I hope they shine"
    "Seems like there's always someone who disapproves"
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard, the stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours"
    "It's not theirs to speculate if it's wrong"
    "They can't take what's ours"
    "I wonder if he knows how much that I miss him"
    "Don't forget about me"
    "We learn to live wit the pain, mosaic broken hearts"
    "This is a state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight, love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right"
    "This is the golden age of something good and right and real"
    "Tell myself it's time now gotta let go"
    "This hope is treacherous"
    "I'm trying to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it"
    "I bet sometimes you wonder about me"
    "I just want to tell you it takes everything in me not to call you"
    "Cause we haven't seen each other in a month (or 2 and 1/2 years) when you said you needed space...what?"
    "Now you come around again and said baby I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me remember how that lasted for a day"
    "Weeee are never ever ever getting back together. You go talk to your friends talk to my friends talk to me"
    "I'm really gonna miss you picking fights and me falling for it screaming that I'm right"
    "You call me up again tonight but ooooohhhh this time I'M TELLING YOU I'M TELLING YOU"
    "I used to think that we were forever and I used to say never say never"
    "This is the last time you tell me I've got it wrong"
    "You wear your best apology, but I was there to watch you leave"
    "They tell you that you're lucky but you're so confused"
    "For the first time, what's past is past"

I guess that's all I can come up with at the moment...

You're beautiful every little piece love

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

The one I can relate to the most is Fifteen! My favorite line is "in your life you'll do things greater then dating the boy on the football team" so true and so perfect!!! :)
    Proud To Be A Swifty! :)

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Oms there are a lot... I'll see what I can think of! There are probably heaps more than this!

"For the first time, what's past is past"
    "When you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them"
    "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right"
    "If you have children someday, when they point to the pictures, please tell them my name"
    "You don't know what you don't know"
    "Wish I'd never grown up"
    "Regretting him is like wishing you never found out that love can be that strong"
    "Just close your eyes, you'll be alright"
    "Your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you"
    "You called me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest"
    "Time won't fly it's like I'm paralysed by it, I'd like to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it"
    "I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to"
    "If we loved again I swear I'd love you right"
    "I took your matches before fire could catch me"
    "I'm shining like fireworks over your sad empty town"
    "I lived in your chess game, but you changed the rules everyday"
    "My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again"
    "This is me praying that this was the very first page - not where the storyline ends"
    "The tricky thing is yesterday we were just children"
    "But now we've stepped into a cruel world"
    "Don't forget to look before you fall"
    "The story's got dust in every page"
    "I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can't say hello to you and risk another goodbye"
    "I confess, babe, that in my dreams you're touching my face"
    "It's okay, life is a tough crowd"
    "They never know what people have up their sleeves"
    "What do you do when tears are streaming down your face in front of everyone you know?"
    "Nothing safe is worth the drive"
    "I've been giving out chances every time and all you do is let me down"

RE: Lyrics that relate to your life so well.

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM

It was like slow motion standing there in my party dress, in red lipstick with no one to impress.

Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it, I want to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it.

"When it's real, you can't walk away"
    3.8.11 - 3.9.11 - 11.22.11 - best days of my life!

cred to: ShiningLikeFireworks13

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in. Shame on me now."
    "I never thought I'd live to see it break."
    "Blushing all the way home."
    "You're a liar and pathetic. Alone in life and mean."

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM

So much right now.

"Pretty much all of Treacherous, but especially this line:
    Two headlights shine through the sleepless night, and I will get you, get you alone
    Your name has echoed through my mind and I just think you should, think you should know
    That nothing safe is worth the drive."
    and
    "This daydream is dangerous"
    I kind of relate to it for reasons that aren't particularly obvious in the song, because I don't relate to it because I know that this guy is trouble. I relate just because I can't get him out of my head and I want more to happen, but I know it's dangerous to like him because he has a girlfriend. My love life is basically a more complicated You Belong With Me right now.

And then there's "A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be."

And then there's all these:
    "And I know it's long gone and that magic's not here no more"
    "You wear your best apology, but I was there to watch you leave"
    "This is the last time I say it's been you all along"
    "But sometimes I wonder how you think about it now"
    "I just wanna know you better now"
    "Your eyes look like coming home"
    "It was the best night, never would forget how we moved"
    "I've been spending the last eight months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end"
    "But there was one thing missing, and that was the moment I knew"
    "This is falling in love in the cruelest way"

And that's just what I relate to from Red. I could probably write a few pages about why I relate to every song on all of her albums.

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

There are mine :
    'Words, how little they mean when you're a little too late'
    'So casually cruel in the name of being honest'
    'I might be okay but I'm not fine at all'
    'This is falling in love in the cruelest way'
    'This is the golden age'
    'I want to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it'

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

'Forgetting him is like trying to know somebody you've never met' - Red

'Wind in my hair I was there I remember it all too well' All Too Well

'It takes everything in me not to call you' I Almost Do

'I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know your about to cry' You Belong With Me

'She looks at me like I'm a trend and she's so over it' Better Than Revenge

'I think its strange that you think I'm funny cause he never did' Begin Again

Heleh

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM

There are so many!
    "I knew you were trouble when you walked in." is the main one right now! :)
    Thank You Daya!

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Right now these ones...

I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it
    Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine

made by dancingaroundallalone!

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

all of you belong with me
    "You think that its funny when im mad, mad, mad"
    all of 15
    "if you asked me if I loved him, id lie"
    all of mean
    "drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he wont see"

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You break my heart in a blink of a eye.

You wear your best apology though I was there to watch you leave.

I try not to fall apart, and the sinking feeling starts.

There's so much more....

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

'Love is all from what I've heard, but my heart 's learned to kill'
    Lady's with me now, since I showed her how
    to lay her lilly hands in mine...
    And who would not agree, she's a sight to see
    and a treasure for the poor to find...

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in"
    "Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer"
    "And if you asked me if I loved him I'd lie"
    "Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met"

^ Graphic by the wonderful TaylorHeart13 ^

^ Graphic by the amazing autumnleavesfalling ^