1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Lucky One about Joni Mitchell?

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I think The Lucky One is about Joni Mitchell. It would all make sense!

New to town with a made up name - Joni's real name is Roberta Joan Anderson and she moved to the US from Canada.

so over night you look like a 60's queen - Joni was famous in the 60's

It was a few years later I showed up here -Joni retired in the early 2000s and Taylor showed up a few years later

They still tell the legend of how you disappeared -Joni left and kind of disappeared

Joni wrote a song called Lucky Girl and one of the lyrics is I'm a lucky girl

I'm not positive its about her,but, it really looks like it.
I was ENCHANTED to meet you!

My Taylor Photo Collection~
http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/2275372#post_17956002

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Lucky One about Joni Mitchell?

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM

that's what i think!! did joni mitchell buy land above madison squar? because if she did then this song has to about her!!!

I Used To be 4Tay13

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I agree!

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

yup :D

credits to Brooker27 :D

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

That makes a lot of sense
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Were did she go? why did she disappear?

NEED FASHION ADVICE? ^CLICK HERE!!!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

yasy13 wrote:
    Were did she go? why did she disappear?

NEED FASHION ADVICE? ^CLICK HERE!!!

I don't know why she disappeared. I'm not sure were she went either.

I was ENCHANTED to meet you!

My Taylor Photo Collection~
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/2275372#post_17956002

RE: The Lucky One about Joni Mitchell?

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

It probably is!! I never thought about that!!
    I was fearless october 3 2009 and learned to speak now on July 30 2011!!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Starlight Dream13 wrote:
    that's what i think!! did joni mitchell buy land above madison squar? because if she did then this song has to about her!!!

I Used To be 4Tay13

I don't think it means that she bought land "over" madison square gardens. I think Taylor meant that she chose to live in a nice house with a rose garden rather than performing at Madison Square Gardens.

But, I think it might be Joni Mitchell too. I think she was up for a role in a movie where Joni is a character or something.

It all looks RED.

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I absolutely agree!!!
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"Come on baby with me, we're gonna fly away, from here."
    I was FEARLESS on June 5, 2010
    I learned to SPEAK NOW on June 25, 2011

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I don't know who she is...but it sounds likely!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 2:45 AM

yeah i agree with this.
    as someone mentioned, Taylor was said to be staring as her in a film so she has probably read about her.
    the hidden message gets me thinking though. it is WOULDNT YOU LIKE TO KNOW. i cant decide if it is "wouldn't you like to know?" refering to whether or not she will be in the film as there is so much speculation OR is it "would you like to know if you are a lucky one?"
    -o--------------------o---------------
    ^me
    ProudUKSwiftie
    ava

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I think it's definitely about Joni!!!!!
    --Maddie

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I definitely think so, since she said she wrote it while she was in Australia, and during that time on tour she had a lot of Joni Mitchell lyrics on her arm.

1) Annie 2) Me

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM

i don't know who joni is but from what you've listed above i would think its high high possibility
    Taylor Swift
    Montreal - July, 14th, 2011

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I at first thought it was about John Mayer and how he has sort of disappeared from the spotlight and the charts. The songs talks about the subject buying land in the middle of nowhere and John Mayer is currently chilling out in his ranch in Wyoming.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Starlight Dream13 wrote:

I Used To be 4Tay13

The song doesn't talk about buying land above MSG. The metaphor is "chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square".

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Sparklypinkelixir wrote:
    i don't know who joni is but from what you've listed above i would think its high high possibility
    Taylor Swift
    Montreal - July, 14th, 2011

Sad, sad generation. I bet you didn't know who James Taylor was before Taylor sang with him.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I could be I guess! But I really just think its about Taylor Having Fears!

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I kind of pictured Marilyn Monroe when I heard it, maybe because of the Kennedy/Monroe connection etc, and how there's a lot of conspiracy into her death (or how she disappeared) but it doesn't make sense to be Marilyn when you delve deeper, because she obviously didn't go and buy land some where... but the "few years later" thing makes more sense to be about Joni Mitchell, and of course she's still alive and she disappeared... yeah.

RE: The Lucky One about Joni Mitchell?

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

It most likely is because:

1. New to town with a made up name in the angel city- Joni moved from Canada to Las Angeles with a different name
    2. So overnight you look like a 60's queen- She was popular in the 60s
    3. And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page- Joni had various tabloids write bad things about her putting a child up for adoption
    4. It was a few years later, I showed up here- Taylor Swift showed up a few years after Joni left the public eye
    5. And they still tell the legend of how you disappeared- Joni retired from music after several threats to do so.
    6. They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere- Joni, in the 1970's bought a bunch of land (80 acres) in British Columbia, and spends most of her time there.
    7. Choose the Rose Garden over Madison Square- The Rose Garden is a less than popular stadium compared to Madison Square, so I think Taylor is just making a reference to how she faded away like The Rose Garden almost did when they almost went bankrupt, rather than choosing the timeless Madison Square.
    Dreaming dreams with happy endings
    In backyards, winning battle with our wooden swords
    But now we've stepped into a cruel world
    Where everybody stands and keeps score