Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The lucky one?? - bit confused..

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I read somewhere it's might be about Joni Mitchell you know b/c Taylor might be in the works to play her in that movie. Or could be about Stevie Nicks.
    Cydney

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I'm nit really sure myself, but I saw that you got a line wrong its "they say you bought a bunch of land somewhere, chose the rose garden over Madison square"
    People haven't always been there for me but music always has.
    -Taylor Swift

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:56 PM

She's talking about someone she watched have it happen to them & then fearing it will happen to her - it being not enjoying any of this anymore.

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Here is my interpretation of the song:
    Taylor is talking about an old Hollywood legend that is now, "out" or slowly faded out of fame and stardom that was at one point the biggest celebrity out there. But the person that Taylor is talking about realizes that fame is not all that is cracked up to be. In an interview Taylor has said that the "Lucky One" is about her biggest fears and is the last thing that she wants to happen to her. There's a lyric in there that says "It was a few years later when I showed up here, and they still tell the legend of how you disappeared..." And I cant decide what the hidden message, WOULDNT YOU LIKE TO KNOW, might mean. I have 2 theories, One: That she's asking us if we'd like to know who she's talking about, or If we would want to know what it's like being famous.
    The only words that you will regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones meant to intentionally hurt someone.
    -Taylor Swift

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I am most intrigued by who this one is about.

I'm going to try and do some research and see if I can figure out some theory
    ... forever the name on my lips ...

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM

"Overnight you'll look like a sixties queen"

Taylor's saying that the girl changed her appearance quickly and looked beautiful.

"They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere, chose the rose garden over madison square"

Madison Square is a place in New York. Taylor's saying that the person now lives off somewhere away from LA and NYC and chose her quiet home over fame.

"Now my name is up in lights, but i think you got it right"

Taylor's saying that she's famous now, but she thinks the person was right to run away from it.

"Another name goes up in lights, you'll wonder if you make it out alive"

More people are becoming famous and the person's fading and she's wondering if she'll survive this all.
    And by the way...your eyes are dancing...

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:58 PM

YourEyesAreDancing wrote:
    "Overnight you'll look like a sixties queen"

Taylor's saying that the girl changed her appearance quickly and looked beautiful.

"They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere, chose the rose garden over madison square"

Madison Square is a place in New York. Taylor's saying that the person now lives off somewhere away from LA and NYC and chose her quiet home over fame.

"Now my name is up in lights, but i think you got it right"

Taylor's saying that she's famous now, but she thinks the person was right to run away from it.

"Another name goes up in lights, you'll wonder if you make it out alive"

More people are becoming famous and the person's fading and she's wondering if she'll survive this all.
    And by the way...your eyes are dancing...

113% right!!
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Joni Mitchell does fit in
    She released her first album after moving to LA and it's not her real name
    "New to town with a made up name in the angel city,"

Which was in the 60's
    "So overnight you look like a sixties’ queen."

Bit of a problem with
    "How you took the money and your dignity, and got the hell out.
    They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere,
    Chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square,"

she did turn her back on the music industry, but it doesn't seem to quite tie in with this.

The Rose Garden arena is in Portland, Oregon for example and I can't find any link to that - but it does look like she is a very likely candidate for who it could be about.
    ... forever the name on my lips ...

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM

It is about what she is afraid what will happen or i have heard that its about some country singer? people have been saying a lot of things though

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Okay thanks. but i still don't get who she's talking to when she's saying "your the lucky one"

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:36 AM

this song saddens me so much, because it makes me feel like taylor doesn't really enjoy any of this any more.
    when she says "you're the lucky one" I think she's saying, you're lucky because you don't have to deal with this any more

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:37 AM

i think the song is about herself. because she says 'look like a 60's queen.' ... idk

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:40 AM

SavannahSwiftie13 wrote:
    Here is my interpretation of the song:
    Taylor is talking about an old Hollywood legend that is now, "out" or slowly faded out of fame and stardom that was at one point the biggest celebrity out there. But the person that Taylor is talking about realizes that fame is not all that is cracked up to be. In an interview Taylor has said that the "Lucky One" is about her biggest fears and is the last thing that she wants to happen to her. There's a lyric in there that says "It was a few years later when I showed up here, and they still tell the legend of how you disappeared..." And I cant decide what the hidden message, WOULDNT YOU LIKE TO KNOW, might mean. I have 2 theories, One: That she's asking us if we'd like to know who she's talking about, or If we would want to know what it's like being famous.
    The only words that you will regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones meant to intentionally hurt someone.
    -Taylor Swift

Agreed! :) Taylor Loves What She Does I wouldn't Worry too much! :)

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

She is talking about a former famous singer, who left the public eye to live a quite life. Not sure if it is about a real famous singer she got inspiration from, or a fictional one.

"Sixties queen" is talking about all the famous 60's rock stars, and how overnight you will be famous.

"They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere, chose the rose garden over madison square" (your lyrics were a bit off so I corrected them) basically means this singer she is talking about/to left the fame and fortune kind of life for a simple one. She chose her rose gardens on a quite piece of land over madison square (madison square is a place in NYC where a lot of famous people perform)

"Now my name is up in lights, but I think you got it right" In hollywood, they put celebrities names up in lights to show where they are performing. Saying "your name is up in lights" basically means you have made it and people know who you are. "but I think you got it right" Taylor is basically talking about the pressures of fame, and she thinks the fictional character got it right by leaving the scene.

"Another name goes up in lights, you'll wonder if you'll make it out alive" meaning in show business and fame, there is always someone new who is going to be bigger and better. Make it out alive, meaning when you are in the public life they tear you apart.

The entire song is basically about the tough life of fame and how you have no privacy. And at first it may seem great and fun, but it takes a toll on your life. Taylor may be hinting at how someday she would like to step away from it all and live out a quite life. Hopefully not anytime soon!

Oh and by the lucky one she means, that people are always telling celebrities "you're the lucky one" because you get to live a glamours life. But Taylor is telling the fictional singer that SHE is really the lucky one because she doesn't have to live through the pain of being famous anymore. Look at the song "Lucky" by Britney Spears, she is saying the same thing about fame.

It would not be about Marilyn Monroe. She died in 1962, she wasn't around for much of the 60's. She also never stepped out of the spotlight, she was singing and acting until she died.

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Chose a rose garden over Madison Square... I thought that meant the person just chose a simpler life than the rat race that fame really can turn into... I mean after all, Madison Square Garden is the name of a big entertainment complex in NYC.
    And over all, I feel the song is saying that whoever it is did the right thing by getting out while there was still time to enjoy life. After all, look at all the entertainers, singers and actors alike, who've burned out and overdosed... This person got out of it all, and got back to enjoying life's simpler things...
    That's just how I see it. Of course I could be and probably am way off base, but that's my interpretation of it... and i LOVE the song.
    Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I think in the line 'chose the rose garden over Madison Square' she meant she chose a simpler life style instead of playing Madison Square.

And I don't know if she's singing about Joni Mitchell. It'd make some sense, I guess, but she sings 'and they still tell the legend of how you disappeared'. Joni Mitchell is still well-known, as far as I'm concerned...

1. SOUIAT 2.imeg99

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say no to b

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

www0nderstruck wrote:
    this song saddens me so much, because it makes me feel like taylor doesn't really enjoy any of this any more.
    when she says "you're the lucky one" I think she's saying, you're lucky because you don't have to deal with this any more

Yeah, I feel the same way you do sometimes...

1. SOUIAT 2.imeg99

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say no to b

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Anybody notice that Taylor's not playing MSG and she's playing the Rose Garden in Portland on the Red Tour? thought that was interesting.

Anyway.. I just had this epiphany that maybe she wrote the song about herself. The line "overnight you looked like a 60s queen" resonates a lot with me. Her style is VERY 60s. On top of that, she's talking about this person who took a break from this steady fame and maybe it's foreshadowing of what she's planning to do after the Red era. Not that we want her to do that at ALL, but it seems like that could be it. And then "all the young things line up to take your place" could be hinting that she's growing from teen stardom and there are other girls that are 16-18 that are going to try to be the next Taylor Swift once she kind of reaches adulthood. Also the line where she says "I understand it now" could be from the perspective of the fans that really don't want her to take a break and step back from the limelight, but will understand it someday.

What do you guys think?

I was FEARLESS on April 10, 2010.
    I SPOKE NOW on September 3, 2011.
    I will be RED in 2012/12013.

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM

She said it's inspired by someone (joni mitchell, shania twain are the two best guesses I think) and also about her fears.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxh3j4QDDb1qzl4vco1_500.jpg

RE: Re: The lucky one?? - bit confused..

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:49 PM

www0nderstruck wrote:

No, in an interview she said it was one of her biggest fears, and she hoped it would never happen to her.
    'Words can break someone in a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more then the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.'
    --Taylor Swift

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.