Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Treacherous

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Shed some light on me?

Graphic Shop

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

one of my favs :) xoxoox

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I know, I'm like that too..

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Ok. I'll try to explain it. The line " And ill do anything you say. If you say it with your hands" is sexual.
    Taylor even said that this was a sexual line in the Rolling Stone interview that she did. ( I think that is the one )
    The line itself is pretty vague in terms of how sexual it means, but I guess it is open to speculation and some people just take everything to the absolute extreme. ( As you have probably seen on twitter or tumblr or facebook or wherever )

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

She's growing up, it's not even THAT bad so I think it's okay. She does it really daintily and she writes REALLY great songs so it comes across great. This song is one of my absolutely faves on Red!

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Still, it's no S&M. That Rihanna song. Google it.
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

RE: Treacherous

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

For me this song has two meanings: Its either sexual and about keeping her promise to God "This slope is treacherous. This path is reckless", so I think its about fighting against sexual temptations and wanting to stay pure. Or I think its about her liking her dramatic relationships but how continuing down that path is reckless and ends up causing pain. I read that Taylor said she was done with those dramatic kinds of relationships. But I can't remember where I read that now.

Anyway that's just my opinion. It could end up being about something totally different!

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

YouWonderAboutMe wrote:
    I have heard some Swifties calling Treacherous inappropriate, and honestly, I probably sound stupid, but I don't see how that song is inappropriate.

Graphic Shop

id dont see it either

~the flawless Hannah

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I figure that they are referencing the line previously mentioned. And I agree, that it is sexual. And In the RS interview, Taylor said that she would only sing about sexuality within the context of a romantic song...

I think it's a little strange to feel this is inappropriate for Taylor, considering that she is a twenty-two year old grown woman. She is maturing, her relationships are probably getting more serious, and her music reflects that.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I also thought this song was apart of sexual lines in it. Along with All Too Well "nights when you made me your own" and in Holy Ground "we block the noise with the sound of I need you" (though I really doubt its anything sexual at all) but I LOVE that she is mentioning occasions that have happened it shows that she makes mistakes like that or remembers the sweetness of the rush.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM

It's not bad at all. I've heard much worse songs.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM

TaylorSwiftForeverAndAlways wrote:
    For me this song has two meanings: Its either sexual and about keeping her promise to God "This slope is treacherous. This path is reckless", so I think its about fighting against sexual temptations and wanting to stay pure. Or I think its about her liking her dramatic relationships but how continuing down that path is reckless and ends up causing pain. I read that Taylor said she was done with those dramatic kinds of relationships. But I can't remember where I read that now.

Anyway that's just my opinion. It could end up being about something totally different!

^^I would seriously agree with you.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Honestly my mom might think a thing or 2 wrong in this song, but It's not like what other stuff we hear these days so I rate this PG.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Treacherous is not inappropriate at all. When I first heard it I thought to myself man this song is great, but is this the song people thought was inappropriate? Really no different than any song she's ever made.
    [/signature

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

personally, i thought the line meant that if he brushed her hair back, like that kind of hand contact that is supposed to symbolize 'i love you'. that seems so innocent, but thats how i portayed it :P
    "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right."

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM

After listening to it enough times I can definitely feel that it has sexual connotations ("nothing safe is worth the drive and I will follow you follow you home"), and honestly, that makes me love it more. Sexual desire isn't a sin, it's the same thing that anyone feels when they have a crush on someone, it doesn't necessarily mean they're getting down and dirty. But the beautiful thing about this song is that it really does leave enough open for interpretation: it doesn't spell out what she means. She's not singing "let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans be your teenage dream tonight". Honestly it's really not anymore sexual than Sparks Fly. Which is a song she wrote just about a feeling, not even something that really happened. I've written songs that deal with similar emotions without ever directly experiencing them. Sexual tension is a fascinating thing, and it makes for very beautiful and emotionally-charged songs!

RE: Re: Treacherous

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM

JDPMS wrote:
    Treacherous is not inappropriate at all. When I first heard it I thought to myself man this song is great, but is this the song people thought was inappropriate? Really no different than any song she's ever made.
    [/signature

Agreed. I mean, the song itself is lovely, and she said she'd change but never change. "never change", I assume, would be the purity of her heart and songs. She claims that as a singer songwriter, it IS her responsibility to release music appropriate enough for the younger generation to listen. Not exposing them to profanities to them and such.

Something popped up.

"And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid..."

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

if you look closely at dear john's lyrics it's the same

SO WHAT?!
    I used to be 1Derstruckswiftie

TanyaxOh|Heleh[/signatue]

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I feel that line made the song even more beautiful. It's not inappropriate. She's giving us a picture of a moment in such a delicate (and classy) way. I love the atmosphere that she wanted to create with this song. It's so true! And plus you can feel what she's feeling, that's what an artist is supposed to do.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:22 AM

This song is flawless and she IS 22 so it's not a bad thing to sing about! She is a mature grown up girl!
    8.29.09 3.19.10 10.26.10 8.6.11 10.13.11 11.21.11

"I think things get better, and I think that good things come back around, and I think that things change" -Taylor Swift