Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: RED LYRIC CODES!

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I will reply...but its 1:49am here in Australia...and I just saw this post as I was about to sleep...so I WILL ANSWER IN ABOUT 8 hrs!! ;)

xxx
    Stay, stay, stay
    I've been loving you for quite some time, time, time
    You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad
    But I think that it's best if we both stay.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I wonder who Ethel is? im thinking maybe some elderly relative of taylors, maybe a granny, cause it goes on about the summer of '45, which is presumably 1945, and if they were alive then they must be quite old now.
    i think 'holy ground' might be about jo jonas, cause im sure i heard he went to a speak now show, not sure which one.
    'SAG' could possibly be initials?
    ^Swiftie4EverAndAlways. PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!:http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2098451#post_15001001

Re: RED LYRIC CODES!

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM

If you go to Hidden Messages, there is a discussion about who the songs are about. Ethel is Conor's Grandmother.

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM

okay yes, im one of those bored ones.....
    1) hmmm....probably All Too Well.
    2) CD then downloaded to iTunes!
    3) Target :)
    4) I haven't listened to it acoustically......something i need to do....
    5) Normal. I like to see her whole face :)
    6) Nope. well.....some of her greeting cards....so yes?
    7) oOo0Ooo...probably 22. its pop, but i still like it
    8) deluxe. i like Girl at Home :)
    forever always,
    melody

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM

taylor13000000 wrote:
    I wonder who Ethel is? im thinking maybe some elderly relative of taylors, maybe a granny, cause it goes on about the summer of '45, which is presumably 1945, and if they were alive then they must be quite old now.
    i think 'holy ground' might be about jo jonas, cause im sure i heard he went to a speak now show, not sure which one.
    'SAG' could possibly be initials?
    ^Swiftie4EverAndAlways. PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!:http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2098451#post_15001001

Ethel is Conor's grandma and I believe who introduced Taylor and Conor :)
    Turning this world red now. Starting in my Spain.
    Sara.

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM

sag means give in i think
    and you're right in starlight it is "for Ethel"
    the song is dedicated to Ethel Kennedy and its about her and her husband Robert Kennedy (bobby)
    taylor wrote the song as if she was ethel telling the story of how they met

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

1) Favourite song? Starlight, Stay Stay Stay and 22
    2) Have you got Red on CD, or digitally? CD
    3) Where did you buy it from? Sanity (Australia)
    4) "State of Grace" acoustically or normally? Acoustic
    5) Do you prefer the deluxe/ normal CD cover? Normal
    6) Did you buy any merchandise with the album? Nope.. they didn't have any
    7) Which song do you most want to see a music video for? Starlight
    8) Have you got the deluxe or normal edition? Deluxe

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Fav song: I knew you were trouble

2 cd or digital: cd

3 I got it from target

4 Normal

5 deluxe

6 got the red bracelet and a notebook

7 I knew you were trouble or red

deluxe

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM

quelinha wrote:
    sag means give in i think
    and you're right in starlight it is "for Ethel"
    the song is dedicated to Ethel Kennedy and its about her and her husband Robert Kennedy (bobby)
    taylor wrote the song as if she was ethel telling the story of how they met

thats so sweet!
    go to http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/ohyeahitsmeagain/taylor%20swift%20fan%20art/ for great signatures&profile photos!

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM

http://www.cambio.com/2012/10/23/taylor-swift-red-liner-notes-what-hints-did-she-leave-for-her/

this website is helpful!

"Track: "All Too Well"
    Her hidden code: MAPLE LATTES--totally referring to the awesomeness she and Jake Gyllenhaal were sipping on during their very publicized date.
    Meaning?: This is basically this album's "Dear John" song but it's totally about Jake. She refers to a guy who wore glasses when he was young (like Jake did!), Jake's sister Maggie and the scarf she wore in their coffee date pics."

"Track: "Red"
    Her hidden code: The capital letters on this one spell out SAG, again, referring to Jake's astrological sign.
    Meaning?: It's the album's title track and seems to be about a reckless, fast-paced love that ends abruptly. She might be obsessed with the astrological sign because they were both born in December and their relationship ended in December too."
    Not sure about the reliability of that...

"Track: "Holy Ground"
    Her hidden code: WHEN YOU CAME TO THE SHOW IN SD
    Meaning: This is a song about a relationship that ended, but of which Taylor still has fond memories.

Joe Jonas is the only ex of hers who regularly attends her concerts so this one is definitely about him. It's good to see she's getting along with him...did you hear "Last Kiss" on her last album? It was about him too and was pretty intense!"

"Track: "Sad Beautiful Tragic."
    Her hidden code: WHILE YOU WERE ON A TRAIN
    Meaning: She talks about being on a train and might be referencing to Jake's time touring on a train with the music group, Mumford & Sons."

"Track: "Everything Has Changed"
    Her hidden code?: HYANNIS PORT
    Meaning: Her duet with Ed Sheeran, this one is an obvious reference to her current boyfriend Conor Kennedy, although it was written before they met! Maybe she saw this one coming?"

"Track: "Begin Again"
    Her hidden code?: I WEAR HEELS NOW
    Meaning?: She sings about finding a new relationship and it totally helping her get over an older one. We think she's talking about meeting Conor and getting over Jake. In the song, she talks about not being able to wear heels with her former boyfriend...Jake is barely taller than she is!"
    So many of these are about Jake...!

go to http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/ohyeahitsmeagain/taylor%20swift%20fan%20art/ for great signatures&profile photos!

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:08 AM

You got SAG for Red as well! I wondered if I'd gone wrong haha.

1) Favourite song? (off the album, obviously) - Stay Stay Stay, The Moment I Knew, 22 or Red
    2) Have you got Red on CD, or digitally? CD :3
    3) Where did you buy it from? Online
    4) "State of Grace" acoustically or normally? Hmm..both but maybe acoustic
    5) Do you prefer the deluxe/ normal CD cover? Normal.. :P
    6) Did you buy any merchandise with the album? No :c
    7) Which song do you most want to see a music video for? Girl at Home or 22 xD
    8) Have you got the deluxe or normal edition? Deluxe :D

Unfortunately I didn't make this xD

1) Favourite song? (off the album, obviously): Treacherous, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One.
    2) Have you got Red on CD, or digitally?: CD.
    3) Where did you buy it from? Walmart :)
    4) "State of Grace" acoustically or normally? Normally.
    5) Do you prefer the deluxe/ normal CD cover? Normal.
    6) Did you buy any merchandise with the album? I bought the Zinepak:)
    7) Which song do you most want to see a music video for? Treacherous :)
    8) Have you got the deluxe or normal edition? Limited :)

1) Favourite song? Uhh.. "Treacherous" "All Too Well" or "Sad Beautiful Tragic"
    2) Have you got Red on CD, or digitally? CD
    3) Where did you buy it from? Amazon
    4) "State of Grace" acoustically or normally? Normally (I like the build up and epic-ness)
    5) Do you prefer the deluxe/ normal CD cover? Normal
    6) Did you buy any merchandise with the album? None in UK :(
    7) Which song do you most want to see a music video for? "Sad Beautiful Tragic"
    8) Have you got the deluxe or normal edition? Deluxe :D

Hi, I'm WilllowTree

1)by iwasascarletletter

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:39 AM

1.) Stay Stay Stay for now :)
    2.) CD. Arrived today.
    3.) Amazon!
    4.) BOTH
    5.) Normal.
    6.) Sadly, nope.
    7.) ALL OF THEM.
    8.) Deluxe :D

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Ethel is Conor's grandmother, and SAG is Screen Actor's Guild, an event that Taylor and Jake attended together and also Taylor and Jake are both SAGittarius.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:14 AM

i just figured the codes out and i needed to know if i'm right..and i am ! :)

1) 22 and The Moment I Knew :)
    2) on CD! I wanted to hold it in my hands and to see all the pictures :)
    3) German Store (Müller)
    4) Both awesome!
    5) Normal CD cover.. but i bought the Deluxe :)
    6) no..:(
    7) uum... Starlight! I bet they could make a beautiful and stunning music video with this song :)
    8) Deluxe Edition!:)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:43 AM

1) Everything Has Changed
    2) CD
    3) Amazon.es, UniversalMusic.co.uk, Play.com
    4) Normal
    5) Normal
    6) No
    7) Holy Ground
    8) Both

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:45 AM

1) Favourite song? (off the album, obviously)
    Ooh, right now it's Holy Ground. But that's because it's stuck in my head. xD
    2) Have you got Red on CD, or digitally?
    On CD! My daddy bought it.
    3) Where did you buy it from?
    He got it from Amazon.com.
    4) "State of Grace" acoustically or normally?
    Normally, because I haven't heard the acoustic version yet!
    5) Do you prefer the deluxe/ normal CD cover?
    Normal. (:
    6) Did you buy any merchandise with the album?
    Not yet! I'm saving up for tickets to go see her in concert!
    7) Which song do you most want to see a music video for?
    Stay Stay Stay or Starlight.
    8) Have you got the deluxe or normal edition?
    Normal.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM

1) Starlight for so many reasons but I won't get into them right now haha.
    2) CD, I'd rather have physical copies of her albums
    3) Target
    4) Normal but I haven't heard the acoustic version yet
    5) I like the deluxe cover. Its really neat.
    6) No target was sold out of EVERYTHING
    7) Starlight. She could do so much with a video for it.
    8) Normal. I wanted the deluxe edition but there were none left which I was very unhappy about.
    The stakes are high, the waters rough, but this love is ours

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

1) Favourite song?
    This is hard...I really like "I knew you were trouble", "Stay Stay Stay" and "Red" (the lyrics of that one are so amazing :) And 22!!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.