1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Lucky One

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Anyone have any idea who The Lucky One is about? I'm so curious!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Lucky One

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM

No one really knows who The Lucky One is about. Taylor said she doesn't like to be too specific about the people she writes songs about. So I don't know...

Made by the amazing DancingAroundAllAlone

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm not sure...But I think it's 'bout her. She spoke (rolling stone) about her fear of losing her career and to me that's what the song says.

Please sign the petition
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2137191

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I'm DYING to know, too. The secret message is "Wouldn't you like to know"...Yes, Taylor. Yes, I would!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I'm pretty sure it is about John Mayer because he bought a plot of land in Montana and she says in the song that you bought some land somewhere and chose a rose garden over Madison Square so I'm pretty sure that is who The Lucky One is about

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

its about fame and how theres always a spotlight and headlines and shes in them a lot and other people are too and everybodys always talking about them and then a new one comes and its old news. all your secrets are in the headlines.
    Graphic are done by me ;)

PS.I use to be Taylorluver123

Friend Me?

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I don't think it's about anyone, it's about how being famous can cause consequences and all your secrets get out there for everyone to see. So yeah, it's not really for anyone.

made by me

made by Swiftlookalike

Keep calm and turn RED

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

On Billboard.com it said it was about Joni Mitchell.

Heather - Songbird13 - DancingAroundAllAlone - Avi by Bluebell

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I ABSOULUTLY LOVE THIS SONG! but i don't know who it's about.... but the story behind it matters most:)

RE: The Lucky One

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I have no idea... all I know is that THIS SONG IS AMAZING!! It's on repeat right now for the next 2 years until her next album.

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Taylor referred to it as different "people." So it could be various persons. I thought it was solely about Shania Twain, but I could see how the story could incorporate other people/

made by iwasascarletletter

made by iwasascarletletter

RE: The Lucky One

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Is this the designated Wild Mass Guessing thread for Lucky One?

My money's on this song not being about anyone, not unlike Stay*3.

I'm working with a singer-songwriter who epitomizes everything hipster and indie. She plays this one song that came out very Taylor-esque, and while I mixed it (I'm her producer) I was racking my brain to figure out who she wrote this incredibly shy and endearing love song for. I finally crack and just ask her. She replies that "interesting things only ever happen in [her] head."

Taylor's done this exact same thing before. Sparks Fly and Stay*3 are narratives based on daydreams. Never Grow Up was similarly written as an open letter to a younger Taylor.

Back to that other artist though. I have a mentor in the industry who owns the studio she and I use. He was pitching her to someone just Saturday morning, describing her as "the next Taylor Swift."

When I heard this song, specifically the lines "And all the young things line up to take your place / Another name goes up in lights / You wonder if you'll make it out alive" that phrase - the next Taylor Swift - is exactly what I imagined was the inspiration for this song.

More to the point: I think the 60's queen in the first 2 verses is not some old singer, but Taylor herself. Those verses are a (very brief) summary of what she predicts to be her VH1 behind-the-music story. I think Taylor seriously considered an exit strategy from the music industry. Whether this happened during some period of depression, or as a result of a more pragmatic internal debate is not only irreconcilable but irrelevant.
    I think she imagined a future where she wasn't hounded by paparazzi, perhaps she had settled down and started a family (traded the rose garden for madison square...so to speak). This song was the answer to the all-important question "Ok, so how do I get there?" Re-listen to the song and read the lyrics with this in mind...it'll make sense. I hope.

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM

People are saying it's about Joni Mitchell :) It's absolutely not about John Mayer though, unless you can call him a "60's queen".

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I actually thought this was going to be a love song because of Zac Efron's movie! But anyway, I'm rreally curious to know whom this is about.

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

John Mayer as a 60's queen?! LMAO!
    Anyway, I love this song! I keep getting this Marilyn Monroe vibe from it. I even got curious about the secret message, thinking it had to mean something. I'm obsessed with lyrics & quotes, so I googled it, & found a movie quote:
    "Wouldn't you like to know! Maybe it's Marilyn Monroe!"
    ~From "The 7 year Itch" a movie she was in.
    I also feel like it's about Taylor a bit too, which made me a bit sad.
    But overall, I love this song.

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I have no idea, haha, but I love it!

Made by Bea

Made by FearlessForever13

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I really think it's about Joni Mitchell, "new to town with a made up name.." because her birth name is Roberta Joan Anderson, I know it's not exactly made up but it's close enough.

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I think it's about Joni Mitchell because in teh song Taylor talks about how the person was before her, then "A few years later" is when Taylor showed up.

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM

i know what the song the lucky one is about its about the movie the lucky one
    -Swiftey Girl

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I think it its about Taylor Swift considering it's track number 13 and she starts singing :13 seconds into the song and how she's been in the tabloids nowadays...I also think it's about being Joni Mitchell because like her she was a successful musician
    Superman_Swifty13

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I think it's about Alison Kraus because she was a successful young country musician. Alison Kraus also has a song entitled "The Lucky One" which Taylor tends to reference.