1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sad Beautiful Tragic

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I'm actually very surprised that there is not as much hype for this song. I personally think it is the most beautiful, heart wrenching song I've ever heard from her. Do other people disagree? If so, why don't you like it, or why is it not one of your favorites?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM

that songs very heart touching i cry whenever i hear it
    Taylor Swift
    We will all feel RED at OCTOBER 22ND 2012

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM

It's super amazing, I love it!! She mentions it in the prologue along with treacherous. Usually she mentions them all, but I think this time she has a special appreciation for those songs.
    -Kat

Graphic made by the lovely Foreverever13

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I think it's Sad, beautiful and tragic
    IncREDibly RED-dy for October 22nd:)

Made by: InMyBestRedDress

come on baby with me were gonna fly away, from here; RIP Ronan

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM

this is very good song, my second fav from the album,my fav is stay stay stay

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM

one of the best songs I think...it's so sad but so beautiful at the same time!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I'm glad because I was looking at everybody's top 5 and almost nobody had this in there! I was like whats going on!!!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Ahh I LOVE it!!
    8/1/09-Keith Urban tour-Philly, PA
    3/18/10-Fearless-Philly, PA
    3/19/10-Fearless-Philly, PA
    6/2/10-Fearless-D.C
    7/23/11-Speak Now-Newark, NJ
    7/24/11-Speak Now-Newark, NJ
    8/6/11-Speak Now-Philly, PA
    3/6/12-Speak Now-Brisbane, Australia

RE: Sad Beautiful Tragic

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I think its beautiful! In my opinion one of Taylor's best songs :)
    Love Love Love Georgia :)

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM

so touching

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM

My favorite song on the album. Possibly my favorite song ever. It makes me feel like my heart's been wrenched out of my body, torn to pieces, left to bleed and then sown back together. I think I read somewhere you would need a "mood elevator" listening to this song, and that's so perfect! It brings up these horrible feelings--remembering my favorite TV couples who split... thinking about my parents' divorce (which was like 13 years ago). Just dang.

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

GreatSkies29 wrote:
    My favorite song on the album. Possibly my favorite song ever. It makes me feel like my heart's been wrenched out of my body, torn to pieces, left to bleed and then sown back together. I think I read somewhere you would need a "mood elevator" listening to this song, and that's so perfect! It brings up these horrible feelings--remembering my favorite TV couples who split... thinking about my parents' divorce (which was like 13 years ago). Just dang.

Ouch. This song is that good. :D

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM

It broke my heart because Taylor seems so sad in this, nevertheless its a f a b song!

both made by me :)

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

This is one of my favorites. I can't beilieve there is more hype for songs like 22 and Starlight than this one. I think it is the most emotional song she has so far. I thought in Last Kiss the emotion was so tangible but this one has even more emotion. The music, her voice, everything, it's just such a beautifully bitter sweet song.

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

FearlesslyWonderstruck13 wrote:
    I think its beautiful! In my opinion one of Taylor's best songs :)
    Love Love Love Georgia :)

Same!!!!!!

Heather - Songbird13 - DancingAroundAllAlone - Avi by Bluebell

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It's my favourite :) It's so beautiful. I love her sad songs.
    ~CanadianSwiftFan

(graphic by stayingfearless13)
    I was enchanted on July 14, 2011
    "Wasn't it easier in your firefly catching days?" (Innocent)

RE: Sad Beautiful Tragic

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I love Sad Beautiful Tragic. It's one of my favorites
    Hi, Im sydneyknight13.
    I am a singer-songwriter who plays the guitar. My dream is so become a sucsessful country pop singer like Taylor. My lucky number is 13. In my victory, just remember me, when i make it shine. Twitter username: @sydneyknight13

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

who do you think its about? :)
    hehe :3

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM

One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. My favourites from Red are : Sad, Beautiful, Tragic, All Too Well and Treacherous. SO BEAUTIFUL. LOVE.
    Hi, I'm WilllowTree

1)by iwasascarletletter

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I love this song, it's so beautifully sad. Last Kiss was one of my two favorite tracks on the last album, and I honestly can't decide whether I like Last Kiss or Sad Beautiful Tragic better.
    I am a 42-year old guy who was privileged to SPEAK NOW on SEPTEMBER 1 and 2, 2011.

I've been spending the last two years thinking Speak Now was the best
    Music she could have penned
    But on a Tuesday, as I pressed "Play"
    I watched it begin again

Sad, Beautiful, Tragic

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:44 AM

oookkkkaaaaayyyy
    so in Speak Now, we worked out that 'Last Kiss' was about Joe, one of the ways we worked this out was the intro went for 27 seconds, the time he allegedly broke up with her over the phone. Now I could be really wrong, but the intro for Sad, Beautiful, Tragic is EXACTLY 27 seconds THE EXACT SAME AS LAST KISS. HAVE I WORKED THIS OUT OR NOT.

:)