Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

New Jersey Shows

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM

If you've seen Taylor perform in New Jersey, share your experience(s). I've seen her twice. Once on 5/13/10 on the Fearless tour and on 7/19/11 on the Speak Now tour both times at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

5/13/10 Story

This was my first Taylor show so I was really excited! At the time, I wasn't a super fan like I am now, so I didn't make a shirt or poster or anything. When we got there and got inside, the people who work there were trying to scan my tickets and they weren't working. They then noticed that the ticket was from the Taylor show from the previous day. They told my mom and I to go to the box office to see what they can do. At this point, I was about to cry because I thought I wasn't gonna get to see Taylor. When we got to the box office, my mom was talking to a lady who works there and the lady told us that she had a few options for seats left. There was a section all the way at the top, which is where my original seats were and there were one set of floor seats left. There were still some tears in my eyes from me getting all worked up. But things worked out in my favor because my mom bought me FLOOR SEATS !!! I thanked her like 100 times!

The security guards told me where my seats were and I was freaking outt because I was literally right next to the stage!! (I'll post one of the pictures I took to show how close i was.) Once I got to the floor, i ran all the way to my seat! I heard a guard say "Someone's excited!" I found that funny, lol. So like I mentioned, I wasn't a super fan at the time, but I wish I was because Paul Sidoti was standing in the aisle near my seats talking to some fans who he actually brought backstage. I didn't realize he was Taylor's guitarist until I saw him on stage during the show. The show was amazingg!! That's when I knew I'd become a super fan for Taylor!

This is how close I was

7/19/11 Story

Okay, so for this show, I actually knew what was going on because I'm now a super fan! Right when we ordered the tickets, I was planning for this show! I made a poster, I made a shirt, I even planned to meet up with my friend Lisa from Taylor Connect. What I didn't know when I ordered the tickets is that I'd be on crutches for the concert. See, I had surgery on my foot on June 28th, 2011, but I thought I'd be off of them by the time the concert rolled around. Well, I was wrong. So I did go to the concert on the crutches! Crazy, right? I'm so dedicated! My mom called Prudential Center a week in advance to let them know of the situation and so they could make accommodations for me on the crutches.

So the day of the concert, I was super excited!! When I got there, I met up with Lisa and we took pictures in front of the inflatable hand - heart. When we got inside, I had to wait for the people to get a wheel chair for me. So I told Lisa that she could go to her seat and I'd meet up with her again once they got me situated. We were both in section 231, but I was just supposed to get platform seats in the same section. But I guess they ran out of platform seats in that section, so I was moved to section 114, which was at the opposite side of my original seat. But it was also a section lower. I was happy that I was closer to the stage but upset that I wasn't with Lisa. At least I had some girls next to me that are around my age and I made friends with them. I actually still talk to them on Facebook. But once again, Taylor's performance was flawless!!

It seems that every time I see Taylor, i wind up getting better seats, haha! I hope that happens next time she's here!

Do you have a story about when you saw her in NJ?!?! If so, comment and tell us all about it! :D

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: New Jersey Shows

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I saw her in NJ as well!
    I usually go to the Philly shows, but I went to the 23rd and 24th of July, Speak Now shows at the Prudential center!

On the 24th, Taylor pointed out my friends and my sign! It was awesome

And we also made a sign like this:

Re: New Jersey Shows

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Here's a video of her pointing out our sign too! We are screaming, it's kind of hilarious! lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34urHtY3XeE&feature=plcp&context=C35ddf36UDOEgsToPDskJUaDAM8b2fYDttYDQbeQ3S

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

August 1, 2009
    March 18, 2010
    March 19, 2010
    June 3, 2010
    July 23, 2011
    July 24, 2011
    August 6, 2011

Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I saw her two days in a row in NJ, on 7/19/11 (like you!) and 7/20/11.

7/19/11

This wasn't my first Speak Now show (I went on 7/1/11 too), but I still bawled like a baby the whole time lol. I was supposed to meet up with my friend Nikki, her sister, friend, and mom, but me & my mom ended up getting lost on the way there! Luckily, we got there on time, about 30 minutes before Taylor came out. During The Story of Us, Andrea waved at me & Nikki (we had 2 huge, heart shaped, lit-up signs and were dancing like crazy) and it was amazing.

7/20/11

This time, I was with my cousin, uncle, and best friend. I had my 2 heart-shaped signs again, and this time, something absolutely amazingly perfect happened: TAYLOR POINTED US OUT!! I was SO happy, I started jumping so high and screamed "OH MY GOD" like 20 times! The people around us were extremely annoyed LOL. During Enchanted, someone in the Taylor Management came and gave me & my bff guitar picks! Then, at the very end of the show, Taylor looked RIGHT at us (our seats were directly in the middle of the whole arena), drew a heart with her fingers, and pointed at us. I felt so special; she's never done that at the end of a show before. :') That was by far the best Speak Now concert I went to (I went to five!).

Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I saw Taylor 2 times in New Jersey. Once when she was the opening act for the Rascal Flatts and one time for the Speak Now tour.

The time I went to see her when she was the opening act for the Rascal Flatts, I had bought the tickets day before because tickets sold out SO fast for that concert. I was in the back but it still was a great time!

The second time was for the Speak Now tour at the Prudential Center. (I'm prob always coming back there for Taylor concerts) But it was amazing, the place was not that huge nor that small. I had section 117 row 15 and they were great seats.

Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I saw Taylor for the first time at the July 23rd show. The only reason why I went to NJ was because she didn't announce she was going to play at Madison Square Garden until later.
    I had so much fun, anyways.
    I was in the last row of section 2, seat 13. :) (I went alone because none of my friends wanted to go to NJ from NYC.) If I were in the front of the section I would have been so close to Taylor and the mini stage.

The photos were Taylor was facing me came out kinda blurry. But this is a decent one.

"I'm poetry. Complicated, simply stated"- TS

Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I am in New Jersey right now on vacation!!

signature and avatar made by: FearlessHannah13

RE: New Jersey Shows

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Does anyone now if you can bring signs on to the floor at the prudential center?

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.