1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How I Managed To Get My Taylor Tickets!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I felt like sharing my story because i feel very thankful for what people have done for me :)

So when It was announced that taylor swift was coming to Sydney everyone in my school new about it! every teacher, every one in my classes, because it was all i could talk about for weeks and this one teacher of mine was super excited for me because she knew how much Taylor really meant to me.
So it was the day of the presale and i came to school at 7.30 am quite upset because the presale was only for american express card holders and none of my parents had a card so i couldnt get the tickets. and i am a very much organised person, so when i learnt i would have to wait and there be a possibility i could not go i cried and cried and cried, because Taylor Swift is pretty much my life.
So that morning i was telling my friends in my choir class about how i couldnt get them and was sort of tearing up a little and the teacher who knew how much she meant to me calls me over and says " I have an american express card, and i trust you to give me back the money, so i want you to take my card and buy the tickets this morning." and at first i was kinda stunned thinking she was joking and i mean that would be pretty cruel of her to joke about with, but she was serious. and at first i declined but she insisted i took her card. so i broke down and just bawled by eyes out, in front of about 50 people who still probably think i am crazy! but it was just the sweetest thing and i was so excited and everything!! so i was able to get the tickets, and cried some more and the rest of the day i was a mess because i knew i was going to see taylor swift!!
As soon as i could i gave her the money back and i drew her a detailed diagram of me at a taylor swift concert which she embarrassingly has up in her classroom hahaha.

Then a few weeks later i was on a retreat camp with my school and we had just gotten back to our cabins from this full on session where we told everyone how we felt about each other, so everyone was quite emotional. half of the people in my cabin was crying and we were kind of all sitting on the floor eating chocolate and i was checking twitter. I came across this tweet announcing that taylor was going to have a second concert in sydney, and immediately i started crying ( i am a wuss). mainly i was crying because i wouldnt be able to buy tickets because i was away and didnt have internet or anything. so i called my mum and my dad who both said they werent able to get the tickets for various reasons and so i was left with the realisation that i would have to miss out on taylors second concert. i had been in contact with my mum who was also really sad because she knew how much i wanted to go but she didnt have the money in her account to get them and was also working so she couldnt get them at the time they came out. I was upset but slowly accepting the idea that it was ok not to go to the second concert as i was falling asleep.
the next day was kind of sad because i was still quite upset that i couldnt get the tickets, but i didnt want people to think i was unappreciative, which i was very, at the fact that i was going to one already.
I got home that afternoon to find my grandma sitting on the lounge with a huge smile on her face. she was able to call up and get me seated tickets for the second concert!!! omg i was so excited! it was such a great moment and i will forever be grateful for the wonderful people in my life who have emabled me to have the opportunity to see Taylors concert

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: How I Managed To Get My Taylor Tickets!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:41 AM

wow!! so awesome about your teacher doing that!!!!! never heard of someone so trusting! she must be great!! have a blast!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Wow! That's a really great story. That teacher of yours will be blessed and your grandmother.. Aaah! one of the sweetest things. I wish I had one to do such sweet things like that!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Taylor Alison Swift~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is like walking, you take one step at a time."

Speak Now = 02.19.11

[/signature]

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

That is so sweet! Your teacher is so kind for doing that! CONGRATS on seeing Taylor :) Have fun!!
    ----------------------------------

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Wish I had a teacher like yours!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM

What lovely heartwarming stories, thanks for sharing. My dad suprised me with my first set of Taylor tickets, she was playing a concert 5 hours away from me and I'd sort of assumed that it was too far to go and no one would want to take me. When my dad showed me the ticket confirmation I burst into tears! Haha. Wusses rule!
    ************CLUELESS AT WORK************

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Congrats! You have great family and teachers- I hope you have fun!
    The stakes are high, the water's rough; but this love is OURS.

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Oh my gosh! That is amazing! You are going to have so much fun!!
    Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM

ooh what and amazing story! and your teacher is so kind, and your grandma too.
    I hope you have an amazing time at the shows!

"When it`s real, you can`t walk away."

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:43 PM

That is such a sweet story. That was so sweet of your teacher to do that for you! I'm so happy everything worked out for you!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Amazing! Glad you got tickets!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

So cool!! Hope ya have fun at the shows! :D

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

That's an awesome story! I'm so glad that you were able to get the tickets! :)

RE: Re: How I Managed To Get My Taylor Tickets!

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Clueless wrote:
    What lovely heartwarming stories, thanks for sharing. My dad suprised me with my first set of Taylor tickets, she was playing a concert 5 hours away from me and I'd sort of assumed that it was too far to go and no one would want to take me. When my dad showed me the ticket confirmation I burst into tears! Haha. Wusses rule!
    ************CLUELESS AT WORK************

That is so nice!!! they are the best types of surprises!!

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

That is such an awesome story!

Taylor Talk On Itunes : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/taylor-talk-a-taylor-swift/id477534265

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Wow, I have never heard a teacher like that before! :o
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Swiftastic13

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM

thats so cute

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Aww that's so sweet!!! Your teacher and grandma are amaazzzinggg :D You're so lucky to have them in your life ^__^

1. Kev avatar Kev

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Congrats.

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM

wow, your teacher is AWESOME!
    August 1, 2009
    March 18, 2010
    March 19, 2010
    June 3, 2010
    July 23, 2011
    July 24, 2011
    August 6, 2011

RE: How I Managed To Get My Taylor Tickets!

Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Your teacher and grandma are awesome!! Hope you have so much fun!!